• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

59 Tons of Buy From China

Oh, I want to see. Model it up and do the math. How do a reduction in taxes on US goods and tariffs on foreign goods add up to 130% difference in costs?

you don't have to "make up" the full 130%. Think of the PR for bringing home those jobs the company would get. That, by itself, would help create some revenue. Maybe, not a lot, but it also has other effects. Your competitors either have to follow suit or lose that portion of their business, increasing competition for goods and workers.

In any event, prices do go up, but should be significantly less than current made-in-the-USA goods. However, this is, somewhat offset by a higher standard of living for everyone. These people are now working and not being paid to not work. Increases their local economies, less burden on taxpayers, etc.

So, your tariffs "make up" some of the 130% by making it more expensive to make the goods overseas and bring here. You lower the federal taxes and regulations making it cheaper and easier to make the goods here.

if you have the choice of buying made-in-china jeans for $20 and made-in-USA jeans for $155, you, probably pay the $20 and you can replace them almost 6 times. Change the formula to $60 for the China Jeans and $100 for the made-in-the-USA jeans. Now, what is your decision?

if you have the choice of buying made-in-china jeans for $20 and made-in-USA jeans for $155, you, probably pay the $20 and you can replace them almost 6 times. Change the formula to $60 for the China Jeans and $100 for the made-in-the-USA jeans. Now, what is your decision?

Thanks. I can't so all the thinking for me and Trog both, it kinda wears me out.