• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

9/11 - Never Forget.

dJuRsjb.jpg

I lived in NJ when it happened. I didn't lose any friends or family, but I remain triggered by Muslims. Sorry, can't stand em, don't trust em, go away.

I'm from, and still live in, a small town in western PA. Graduated in a class of 207 in 1978 yet somehow two guys I graduated with were uncomfortably close to getting killed that day. One worked in NYC and had just stepped out of the subway when **** started going to hell and was one of the people running the other way covered in dust. Another was career military and worked in the Pentagon when it was hit. He was in a different part of the building so he was okay.

I post this every year on my birthday on Facebook.

I'm from, and still live in, a small town in western PA. Graduated in a class of 207 in 1978 yet somehow two guys I graduated with were uncomfortably close to getting killed that day. One worked in NYC and had just stepped out of the subway when **** started going to hell and was one of the people running the other way covered in dust. Another was career military and worked in the Pentagon when it was hit. He was in a different part of the building so he was okay.

My wife flew from NYC to Pittsburgh on September 10, 2001.

We have a good friend, a firefighter, who went to NYC to help with the recovery. He was there for a month. He is now suffering from throat cancer.

Last edited:
The first ex- Mrs. IndySteel was in Scotland for a pharmaceutical trade show on 9/11. She was supposed to fly back the next day. Took her about a week to get home. if things had been slightly different I’d be + 1/2 a million $. Alls well that ends well.

President Trump should push making 9/11 a national holiday... move Labor day a week back to the last monday in august, and eliminating the Columbus day holiday that really is pointless with current understanding of history....

9/111 carries way more cultural significance than celebrating a guy who didn’t actually discover this continent and who was kind of a giant dick...

President Trump should push making 9/11 a national holiday... move Labor day a week back to the last monday in august, and eliminating the Columbus day holiday that really is pointless with current understanding of history....

9/111 carries way more cultural significance than celebrating a guy who didn’t actually discover this continent and who was kind of a giant dick...

Columbus did discover Cuba and the good cigars.

9/111 carries way more cultural significance than celebrating a guy who didn’t actually discover this continent ...

Unpossible. The left assures me that Columbus brought slavery and disease to Elizabeth Warren's kin in America.

Columbus landed in the Bahamas and Cuba which are in North America. If not for him there is no U.S. of A. So I'll celebrate Columbus day just fine. He didn't do anything to anyone that they hadn't done to someone else. The indians were tribal and fought all the time. I personally think baby sacrifice isn't a good thing but what do I know?

I almost lost my Dad that day. He was supposed to be meeting some high ranking officials in that section of the Pentagon, his meeting was cancelled at 8 am that morning. Of course I had no idea his meeting was cancelled and as far as I knew he was there. Was a rough couple of minutes because I couldn't get through to mom as all the cell lines were jammed. I will NEVER FORGET that day and will always turn a sideways eye at any Muslims. Yeah, call me a racist if you want, but they put that there, not me.

I have a friend that was in the Pentagon at the time. Luckily he wasn't on the side that was hit. He lost several co-workers in the attack. He still struggles with it.

I had 2 former coworkers who were working in the towers. One was in the second tower -- and continued evacuating when they were told the plane hit the other tower and it was okay to return to their desks. He made it out and home to South Jersey some 7 hours later with absolutely no contact to his family back home until he arrived. He does speaking engagements at 9/11 time every year since - letting people know what happened.

The other worked for Cantor Fitzgerald - he never had a chance. One of the kindest, friendliest and quietest men I ever met.

Unpossible. The left assures me that Columbus brought slavery and disease to Elizabeth Warren's kin in America.

I find Columbus utterly irrelevant historically... he wasn’t the first human here... he wasn’t the first European here. He didn’t even realize where he was, had he not existed someone else would have come along shortly afterwards...

On the other hand, all you conservatives should drool at the thought of giving libs a choice between backing a perpetual reminder of an event their far left arm wants to downplay, and the undivided America that followed for a bit... which also doesn’t play to their agenda, or their oft hated Columbus holiday....a catch 22 and a half for some...

I find Columbus utterly irrelevant historically... he wasn’t the first human here... he wasn’t the first European here. He didn’t even realize where he was, had he not existed someone else would have come along shortly afterwards...

On the other hand, all you conservatives should drool at the thought of giving libs a choice between backing a perpetual reminder of an event their far left arm wants to downplay, and the undivided America that followed for a bit... which also doesn’t play to their agenda, or their oft hated Columbus holiday....a catch 22 and a half for some...

If the libs has their way, the 9/11 memorial would have to be removed as its offensive

I find just a little comfort in knowing the main shitbag met his end hiding behind his wife like the piece of **** coward he was. He got off easy in this life,the next life not so much.

And like many i start the day sad and end the day mad.

Wow. Columbus was the first European to come here and let others in Europe know about it. Leif Erikson probably was here a long time before Columbus. But he didn't stay and it wasn't common knowledge. I have no idea why you assume someone else would have come along. Yea, I'm sure someone else would have done all sorts of things. Maybe the U.S. is still a colony of England? Maybe it's never colonized and Hitler takes over the world because there is no U.S. to help England and the rest of the allies? Yea, pure speculation is just that.

Fact is Columbus took a voyage nobody else wanted to go on and discovered a new world for Europe to explore. Without this exploration the U.S. may not exist and even if it did probably wouldn't have the same founding fathers or any founding fathers at all.

To find him utterly irrelevant is just ignorant IMHO.