• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

A good day in the media war - Jemele Hill gone at ESPN

Instead he actually contributed to a concussion hysteria that has mom forbidding little Jimmy from playing football and instead enrolling him in soccer which actually has more concussions than football yet nobody gives a **** because they play in in Europe and everything Europe does is refined and cultured and better than here.

Let's face it, they do have topless beaches.

I agree, Sarge. Greenberg is even less a sports guy than Musberger, or however you spell his name. Super hard to hear him whine and be uppity. God have mercy on his kids.

Liked Golic. He got it, and would be fun to watch a game with in the garage with cigars and a beer.

Yes. Golic seems like "one of us." Greeny did whine a lot...he really is a *****. BUT....the 2 of them had chemistry and it WORKED. Never watched "Get Up" and will never. But I can't imagine those hosts being able to tolerate the bleeding vag like Golic did.

So those Micky Ds fries really did taste a lot better back in the day. Did not know that about the oil change. Checked it out. It was a result of some crusading asshat about saturated fat. Interesting bit from Malcolm Gladwell on the whole thing -http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/08/malcolm-gladwell-feels-betrayed-by-mcdonalds-french-fries.html

I will order some beef tallow from Amazon and see if it makes a big difference in our fries..

At our restaurant we use duck fat for the fries.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

That idiot Kellerman going off on Tiger saying that you have to respect the office of the president -

We are looking at getting rid of Xfinity and moving to Hulu or something similar. If they have packages that do not include ESPN, that will be a major incentive.

That idiot Kellerman going off on Tiger saying that you have to respect the office of the president -

We are looking at getting rid of Xfinity and moving to Hulu or something similar. If they have packages that do not include ESPN, that will be a major incentive.

I'm getting rid of DirecTV in two months when my contract is up. I just cancelled Sunday Ticket, which I've had for 20 years. The NFL is not getting one more dime from me until they make those spoiled babies stop disrespecting our country. I have Hulu, Amazon Fire TV w/Kodi, Netflix and Apple TV.

I'm getting rid of DirecTV in two months when my contract is up. I just cancelled Sunday Ticket, which I've had for 20 years. The NFL is not getting one more dime from me until they make those spoiled babies stop disrespecting our country. I have Hulu, Amazon Fire TV w/Kodi, Netflix and Apple TV.

I don't know why anyone pays for Sunday Ticket when you can watch every NFL game, hockey, UFC/Boxing pay per views for free on Reddit.

I don't know why anyone pays for Sunday Ticket when you can watch every NFL game, hockey, UFC/Boxing pay per views for free on Reddit.

I think when people learn how to use all the apps on their smart tv's, they'll be able to get disconnected easier.

Live in HD on a big screen TV? About half of the Steelers games are national. For the others I'll just go to a bar if I can't stream it via Reddit or Sports Devil on Kodi.

Live in HD on a big screen TV? About half of the Steelers games are national. For the others I'll just go to a bar if I can't stream it via Reddit or Sports Devil on Kodi.

Absolutely live in HD on my 55" smart TV. I never miss anything. If it is a national telecast, sure, I watch that. If not, well, there's reddit.

Absolutely live in HD on my 55" smart TV. I never miss anything. If it is a national telecast, sure, I watch that. If not, well, there's reddit.

Thanks. I'll try it with Thursday's game.

My problem here is simply lack of knowledge/how to. I'd make the switch. I just abhor learning some of this new **** and keep pumping the $$ into DirecTV and Sunday Ticket. Guess I'm a dope that way.

I tested it out this past weekend at my brother's. Found out a couple of things:
1. His Vizio tv doesn't come with a browser app -- seems limited based on age?
2. Video won't play through Apple Airplay -- though we could definitely see it on tablets and smart phones.

The alternative is to have a laptop with hdmi output, and connect that to the TV for full screen.

So it's still a work in progress, depending on where you want to watch it.

My problem here is simply lack of knowledge/how to. I'd make the switch. I just abhor learning some of this new **** and keep pumping the $$ into DirecTV and Sunday Ticket. Guess I'm a dope that way.

We got rid of cable a little more than a month ago, and we are still figuring all the firestick stuff out. What sucks is to watch some of the channels (ID, ESPN), you have to have a password and cable. What's the point???

I tested it out this past weekend at my brother's. Found out a couple of things:
1. His Vizio tv doesn't come with a browser app -- seems limited based on age?
2. Video won't play through Apple Airplay -- though we could definitely see it on tablets and smart phones.

The alternative is to have a laptop with hdmi output, and connect that to the TV for full screen.

So it's still a work in progress, depending on where you want to watch it.

That's what I do. I just stream it through my laptop to my TV. I have firestick with hulu, Netflix, kodi, terrarium for everything else. Most people don't care for streaming through the lap top, but I say small inconvenience for a weekly event. There are also sports apps for Kodi, but those things are iffy.

With reddit, there are dozens of links. Just have to find a good one.

We got rid of cable a little more than a month ago, and we are still figuring all the firestick stuff out. What sucks is to watch some of the channels (ID, ESPN), you have to have a password and cable. What's the point???

I kinda lucked out. My ISP was also my cable provider. I cancelled my cable over a year ago, and I can still use my username and password and sign up for apps and they all work. Currently in rotation are ID, OWN, History, A&E, Animal Planet, Food Network, NBC Sports, Fox Sports to name a few. There are work arounds for everything.

sweet. now i don't have to endure ark throwing his face in my crotch for 4 hours on Sundays.

I kinda lucked out. My ISP was also my cable provider. I cancelled my cable over a year ago, and I can still use my username and password and sign up for apps and they all work. Currently in rotation are ID, OWN, History, A&E, Animal Planet, Food Network, NBC Sports, Fox Sports to name a few. There are work arounds for everything.

I might have to try that, since my internet provider was my cable provider. Thanks for the tip!!!

Can't like this enough. Let's let sports be sports.

She was too extreme for ESPN. May have a future on The View though. She'd fit right in.

Jemele Hill, ESPN parting ways: reports

Jemele Hill, the ESPN commentator who has made controversial comments about President Trump, is leaving the sports network, according to reports.

A buyout of her reported $2.5 million-per-year contract has been completed and her last day will be Friday, sources told the New York Post.

The separation was due to Hill's desire to be involved in politics, while ESPN wants to be apolitical, the Post reported.

Hill is believed to have recently met with new ESPN President James Pitaro to discuss her exit, Variety reported.

At a meeting with reporters earlier this month, Pitaro emphasized that ESPN's role is to cover sports news without any particular political bias, the report said.

The executive reportedly said he would prefer that the company's journalists and commentators not offer their own opinions on political matters.

The controversy surround Hill began last Sept. 11, when she referred to Trump as "a white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself [with] other white supremacists."

The next month, ESPN suspended Hill for two weeks after she posted a tweet suggesting that viewers boycott advertisers of the Dallas Cowboys. She was voicing disagreement with owner Jerry Jone's comments on NFL players' protests during the playing of the national anthem.

She was then reassigned to ESPN's "Undefeated" website, which covers the intersection of sports and racial issues.

“So much of my career at ESPN – almost exclusively at some points – has been in commentary,” she told Variety.“They hired me as a columnist. I’ve been giving my opinion since day one.”

During an in-depth conversation at OZY Fest in July, Hill mused about "whether or not I would continue on ... in sports period," Fox News previously reported.

“There is a real concentration, still a real need, on stories about women of color… that will be a huge focus of what I do," she said.

She said she is "really excited" about the next phase of her career and would work to dismantle institutional racism.

“Somebody needs to step up and save us,” Hill said.

She called leaving sports media a “bittersweet” feeling.

Hill and ESPN were not immediately available for comment on her departure.

b3296b75ae8cf5f2afa4da9e14deb69b.jpg

Hit

See, this here is why people do not trust the MSM, and more particularly CNN. This is from an article on CNN right now....

White House counsel Don McGahn's 30 hours of conversations with special counsel Robert Mueller's team have unnerved President Donald Trump, who didn't know the full extent of McGahn's discussions, two people familiar with his thinking said.

So two unnamed sources know what Donald Trump is thinking? Only two quotes in the whole article-One from Sarah Sanders and the other from a CNN Analyst. Bunch of garbage anymore.

CNN sucks. They wrote a fluff piece on the Islamic terrorists who were training kids to shoot up schools.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/29/horrifying-things-medias-not-showing-new-mexico-terrorist-compound/

On Friday, the DA filed a motion asking the court to reconsider its decision to release the defendants on bond. That motion detailed the evidence known to date, including some just discovered, which strongly suggests that the Wahhaj family had turned their rural compound into a terrorist training camp. Inexplicably, though, the mainstream media has moved on from this story or, in the case of CNN, has decided that terrorists-in-training make for an interesting personal-interest story.

Tweeting its article under the caption “New Mexico compound family struggled with life off the grid,” CNN linked to its sympathetic profile of the Wahhaj family living in the rural southwest. Rather than detail the circumstances surrounding the raid and the arrests of the siblings and their spouses, CNN instead painted a touching portrait of the parental figures.

“One of the men tenderly wiped the nose of a crying child,” a local resident who saw the group during a rare outing to the city told CNN. Sure, the defendants are accused of training their children to shoot up schools, CNN noted in passing, but locals’ real fear is “that the publicity around a case infused with allegations of terrorism, children abuse and faith healing might contribute to a rise in racism and Islamophobia.”

The timing of CNN’s bizarre attempt to garner sympathy for the Wahhaj clan couldn’t have been worse given that Friday’s filing by Taos County’s DA summarizes disturbing evidence of the group’s intent to commit acts of terrorism. CNN, however, is not alone in going off the grid in covering this huge story of a homebuilt terrorist camp. Too busy Stormy-chasing, the entire mainstream media has ignored the recent developments in the Wahhaj case. And what hasn’t been told is terrifying.

An FBI agent testified that two of the malnurished children said “they had been trained in advanced firearms handling and had been instructed to shoot law enforcement personnel when the time came and that they would be instructed in the future to attack specific targets such as teachers, schools, banks, and other ‘corrupt institutions.’”

CNN sucks. They wrote a fluff piece on the Islamic terrorists who were training kids to shoot up schools.

The timing of CNN’s bizarre attempt to garner sympathy for the Wahhaj clan couldn’t have been worse given that Friday’s filing by Taos County’s DA summarizes disturbing evidence of the group’s intent to commit acts of terrorism. CNN, however, is not alone in going off the grid in covering this huge story of a homebuilt terrorist camp. Too busy Stormy-chasing, the entire mainstream media has ignored the recent developments in the Wahhaj case. And what hasn’t been told is terrifying.

An FBI agent testified that two of the malnurished children said “they had been trained in advanced firearms handling and had been instructed to shoot law enforcement personnel when the time came and that they would be instructed in the future to attack specific targets such as teachers, schools, banks, and other ‘corrupt institutions.’”

Well, it's not as if the crazy mother@#$%ers killed a kid and buried him on the ...

Wait.