• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

A Microcosmic Glimpse of the Idiocy that is the Steelers Coaching Staff

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
I won't post a link, but check this dumbassery out. So Ben is basically saying Porter needs to wear gloves matching the opponent jersey so if he gets handsy it's harder to notice. This is something someone like Bellichick would be all over...but not Mikey's brain trust....LOL.

I get it, maybe(big maybe..I just think they are arrogant and stupid) you don't want to flaunt trying to break/bending rules but dude could have said something like"We try to employ every advantage we can, and as long as it's legal we'll take it under consideration."

Well it is legal. You can wear whatever color gloves you want.

On a recent edition of his podcast, Roethlisberger made a helpful suggestion to Joey Porter, Jr.

"He's a physical football player. He gets his hands on people. And so I love that they just let him play," Roethlisberger said on his podcast, Footbahlin. "He's playing as well as any rookie, not just (a) corner, but rookie in this league. … He's playing really well. (He) should get some definite consideration for Rookie of the Year…. But he should put the same-colored gloves on as the opposing jersey. He wore those bright yellow gloves, and it just sticks out like a sore thumb."

What is Austin's reply?

"I'm more focused on us playing clean and playing good football than trying to hide some other stuff. I didn't see it and –but that's not what we are focused on," Austin said, via Pittsburgh Sports Now's Nick Farabaugh.

I get the whole take the high road, and don’t be perceived as taking advantage of the gray area in the rules, but.

I get the whole take the high road, and don’t be perceived as taking advantage of the gray area in the rules, but.
Exactly. And dude could have said lots of things even something as simple as "No comment" and laughed. It just seems like arrogance and disrespectful to Ben. Like we don't need your advice.

This is from the end of that article.

"If you're confused as to why this coaching staff in particular wouldn't take outside help from a former player, I am, too. This is doubly true of a player like Roethlisberger, who is speaking from experience as a Hall-of-Fame QB."

Yeah...funny isn't it?

The announcers during our last game brought it up when Joey received a holding call, commenting that Porter's bright yellow gloves and forearm covers contrasted with the white bengal jerseys which may contribute to the appearance of being overly grabby/whatever.

The comment seemed to make sense, to me anyway.

maybe he just says that to look like he is not about to get outsiders advice but you still might see JPJ sporting seachicken looking gloves

It would be such an easy move for Porter and make it tougher on the officials to try to find penalties.

Who won more Super Bowls, Austin or Belicheat?

maybe he just says that to look like he is not about to get outsiders advice but you still might see JPJ sporting seachicken looking gloves
Thing is we won't be able to tell what went on because Porter might hear it through another person and change gloves....Ben still has connections on the team. The only way to know is if he comes out still wearing the yellow gloves...then we know it's a "case closed" situation as far as the Steelers coaching brain trust goes.

The real issue here is that this really simple strategic decision was played out on national TV, on Ben's show, in articles and now here.

The coaches and Lil Peezy ought to have figured this out some time in OTAs last summer. That this is being talked about in Week 26 is a demonstration about how the Steelers coaches and players do not seem to care about attention to detail.

Eventually, so many straws will break the camel's back.

Maybe they should offer the head coaching job to Ben and tell him he can coach from home. I would bet it wiould still be better than this **** show
The Browns did it in 2021...without a head coach, with a guard I think they picked up at a homeless shelter the day before the game, and without Denzel Ward. Who did they beat? Of course...a Mike Tomlin coached Steelers team.:ROFLMAO:

So yeah, Ben could easily do a better job from home.

If he came out wearing a variant of a plain gray glove it might be to his benefit and wouldn't be questioned.
But the bright Steeler GOLD does stand out.

I won't post a link, but check this dumbassery out.

What is Austin's reply?

"I'm more focused on us playing clean and playing good football than trying to hide some other stuff. I didn't see it and –But that’s not what we are focused on," Austin said, via Pittsburgh Sports Now's Nick Farabaugh.

No **** Mr. Austin time out coach, you should be and add in 12 man on the field as well……. How would that focus help ?

I can tell you this, it’s all those little things that add up to a pile of **** and that seems to be where our coaching strength is, not focused.

Execution don’t mean **** if the coaching isn’t teaching the little things along the way..

EDIT: Sorry for the rant, but that is why there are rules, play within the rules and everything is fair game. The dumbAzzery of this entire coaching staff has never surprised me to the depth of absolute crap I see on the field of play.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
I won't post a link, but check this dumbassery out. So Ben is basically saying Porter needs to wear gloves matching the opponent jersey so if he gets handsy it's harder to notice. This is something someone like Bellichick would be all over...but not Mikey's brain trust....LOL.

I get it, maybe(big maybe..I just think they are arrogant and stupid) you don't want to flaunt trying to break/bending rules but dude could have said something like"We try to employ every advantage we can, and as long as it's legal we'll take it under consideration."

Well it is legal. You can wear whatever color gloves you want.

On a recent edition of his podcast, Roethlisberger made a helpful suggestion to Joey Porter, Jr.

"He's a physical football player. He gets his hands on people. And so I love that they just let him play," Roethlisberger said on his podcast, Footbahlin. "He's playing as well as any rookie, not just (a) corner, but rookie in this league. … He's playing really well. (He) should get some definite consideration for Rookie of the Year…. But he should put the same-colored gloves on as the opposing jersey. He wore those bright yellow gloves, and it just sticks out like a sore thumb."

What is Austin's reply?

"I'm more focused on us playing clean and playing good football than trying to hide some other stuff. I didn't see it and –but that's not what we are focused on," Austin said, via Pittsburgh Sports Now's Nick Farabaugh.
These are nuances that veteran players utilize. Porter will learn

Give me a break. The whole game is basically when to grab and when to let go. Watch any play unless they are in off zone. If they match up Porter with DK they got a problem. He will stream roll JPJ.

No **** Mr. Austin time out coach, you should be and add in 12 man on the field as well……. How would that focus help ?

I can tell you this, it’s all those little things that add up to a pile of **** and that seems to be where our coaching strength is, not focused.

Execution don’t mean **** if the coaching isn’t teaching the little things along the way..

EDIT: Sorry for the rant, but that is why there are rules, play within the rules and everything is fair game. The dumbAzzery of this entire coaching staff has never surprised me to the depth of absolute crap I see on the field of play.

Salute the nation

Forgot to add the multiple times they ONLY had 10 men on the field on defense, but that isn’t a penalty so very few notice.

But let’s focus on the important stuff…… Like giving the players time to practice group photo opps after a splash play……

Salute the nation

lol I didnt open this thread for a bit. Looking fast the beginning of the title made me think it was one of those gummie type threads

Give me a break. The whole game is basically when to grab and when to let go. Watch any play unless they are in off zone. If they match up Porter with DK they got a problem. He will stream roll JPJ.

I hope Porter embraces the opportunity to match up on DK. That is what you want from a player.