• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Aaron Rodgers Jets Trade

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Jets are finalizing trade for Aaron Rodgers: Jets get: Aaron Rodgers, pick No. 15, a 2023 5th-rd pick (No. 170). Packers get: Pick No. 13, a 2023 2nd-rd pick (No. 42), a 6th-rd pick (No. 207), a conditional 2024 2nd-rd pick that becomes a 1st if Rodgers plays 65 percent of the plays.

i

Adam Schefter, ESPN Senior Writer1m ago

Seems like a decent deal for the Jets if Arod has anything left

Just glad it got done before draft started. Expected the arrogant prick to do it on draft night and upstage the young kids moment in spotlight.

No 1st round per se or a far swap must be a win for the jets

No 1st round per se or a far swap must be a win for the jets
That second probably will be a first next year...

Jets are finalizing trade for Aaron Rodgers: Jets get: Aaron Rodgers, pick No. 15, a 2023 5th-rd pick (No. 170). Packers get: Pick No. 13, a 2023 2nd-rd pick (No. 42), a 6th-rd pick (No. 207), a conditional 2024 2nd-rd pick that becomes a 1st if Rodgers plays 65 percent of the plays.

i

Adam Schefter, ESPN Senior Writer1m ago

Seems like a decent deal for the Jets if Arod has anything left
Don’t forget.......they also traded for a 59 million dollar salary 🤪🤑🤑

Will this be like Brady to the Bucs or has Rodgers mailed it in for his career and just wants to collect the rest of his contract? With that defense and weapons in place, including Hall coming back, the Jets could be quite good this season.

Did the Jets forget that Rodgers wanted out of Green Bay? Seems to me that they should have had leverage. That conditional 1st or 2nd next year is overpayment.

I disagree. This is a swap pick trade.

They swap firsts and swap a 5th for a 6th. This is a trade for Rogers for 2 2nd round picks. Even with next year's 2nd possibly being a 1st, this is low value to get the 2 time reigning league MVP.
2 time reigning MVP who’s pushing 40 and wanted out of Green Bay. What was Green Bay going to do if the Jets told them “nevermind”?

They swap firsts and swap a 5th for a 6th. This is a trade for Rogers for 2 2nd round picks. Even with next year's 2nd possibly being a 1st, this is low value to get the 2 time reigning league MVP.
MVP is a media popularity contest. The Jets couod win a wild card game maybe. But they are hardly any closer to a SB then they were yesterday. They might as well throw in a first and a second for Jordan Love and get it over with.

Rodgers is not a reigning MVP. He never won in 2022.

I don't think Rodgers will duplicate what Brady did in TBay. Whatever you think about Brady, his commitment and work ethic was second to none. He demanded the same from his team mates. Rodgers marches to his own drummer. You roll the dice and take your chances.

I don't think Rodgers will duplicate what Brady did in TBay. Whatever you think about Brady, his commitment and work ethic was second to none. He demanded the same from his team mates. Rodgers marches to his own drummer. You roll the dice and take your chances.
Besides I've seen Brady win with a less than championship squad. Rodgers has failed multiple times with everything in place.

Jets got fleeced...
Exactly right.. Rodgers is a one to two year fix and super expensive… even for qb standards… the Pack had to move him so literally the Jets could have said that if the pack didn’t take a second and a third for him or eat a significant portion of his salary, they were just gonna draft a kid and sign Bridgewater… nobody else was looking for an old vet for a run right now…

Exactly right.. Rodgers is a one to two year fix and super expensive… even for qb standards… the Pack had to move him so literally the Jets could have said that if the pack didn’t take a second and a third for him or eat a significant portion of his salary, they were just gonna draft a kid and sign Bridgewater… nobody else was looking for an old vet for a run right now…

The Old vet is one thing, but that salary is way to out there for my liking.

I’m just glad the STEELERS were no-where to be found in this deal.!!!

Salute the nation

My buddy just sent me a meme of Zack Wilson saying this was personal and they were gonna pay for this for the next 20 years. Then my buddy said Jets brass better all hide their wives! 🤣😂

Zach is ”real scary” and still wet behind the ears.

It would take a MomA for Zachary, ‘cause he’s a MomA’s boy.

Salute the nation

The Jets continually fail at QB and they feel they have a team who can win right now. Rodgers is past his prime, but I get the move. They trying to capitalize on a two-year window with Rodgers. Without this move, they're basically completely punting on another season and will continue to be in QB limbo.

I'll reign in the rain of this parade on the reigning MVP, but a year removed from back to back MVPs is still impressive and this draft capital haul is WAAAAAAAAAAY below picking up Wilson or Watson. Jets got a better late pick (5 for a 6) and gave up 2 spots in the first for 2 2nds on paper. Not a bad trade comparatively and I stand by it.

Hey it worked when the Jets got that other GB QB, right??? Hoping we don't see a Discount Double Check Dick Pick....

Can't compare Brady, he was a FA.

I'll reign in the rain of this parade on the reigning MVP, but a year removed from back to back MVPs is still impressive and this draft capital haul is WAAAAAAAAAAY below picking up Wilson or Watson. Jets got a better late pick (5 for a 6) and gave up 2 spots in the first for 2 2nds on paper. Not a bad trade comparatively and I stand by it.

Hey it worked when the Jets got that other GB QB, right??? Hoping we don't see a Discount Double Check Dick Pick....

Can't compare Brady, he was a FA.
I knew you looked up that photo.

rodgers is used to the docile GB media. Let the Jets lose 3 in a row and he'll feel the heat of NY media.

This trade only makes sense if the jets think they're in a Super Bowl window.

rodgers is used to the docile GB media. Let the Jets lose 3 in a row and he'll feel the heat of NY media.

This trade only makes sense if the jets think they're in a Super Bowl window.

I think they are in Super Bowl mode as they got the “Smartest” QB to ever play the game (ask him).

He was asked about if he could answer the “Jeopardy” questions and he said “all”.

Salute the nation

ALL the talking heads yesterday were saying the Jets "are now Super Bowl contenders".

Then why do I get the feeling this is not going to be the bonanza they think it is.