• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Aaron Rodgers Jets Trade

Roger's is insane. Maybe he will start dating Amanda Bynes.

I'll reign in the rain of this parade on the reigning MVP, but a year removed from back to back MVPs is still impressive and this draft capital haul is WAAAAAAAAAAY below picking up Wilson or Watson. Jets got a better late pick (5 for a 6) and gave up 2 spots in the first for 2 2nds on paper. Not a bad trade comparatively and I stand by it.

Hey it worked when the Jets got that other GB QB, right??? Hoping we don't see a Discount Double Check Dick Pick....

Can't compare Brady, he was a FA.
The 2024 2nd will very likely turn into a 1st baring injury, and I consider trading a future 1st a cardinal sin as a team ultimately has no idea what they’re trading. It could be an opportunity to draft a special, franchise-changing player.

It’d be interesting to see Rodgers on the verge of hitting the 65% of snaps with the Jets at 4-6 (or whatever) on the outside looking in at the playoffs. They couldn’t bench him without a major controversy ensuing.

The 2024 2nd will very likely turn into a 1st baring injury, and I consider trading a future 1st a cardinal sin as a team ultimately has no idea what they’re trading. It could be an opportunity to draft a special, franchise-changing player.

It’d be interesting to see Rodgers on the verge of hitting the 65% of snaps with the Jets at 4-6 (or whatever) on the outside looking in at the playoffs. They couldn’t bench him without a major controversy ensuing.

there's no way in hell woody johnson would allow that to happen

there's no way in hell woody johnson would allow that to happen
No way in hell he would allow what to happen? Keep Rogers as the starter and give up his 2024 1st while enduring a losing season? I think benching Rogers would create quite a controversy. The Jets would probably be better off releasing him than benching him. It’d be an embarrassing mess either way. I think the Jets need to at least reach the divisional round of the playoffs to make this trade look smart.

No way in hell he would allow what to happen? Keep Rogers as the starter and give up his 2024 1st while enduring a losing season? I think benching Rogers would create quite a controversy. The Jets would probably be better off releasing him than benching him. It’d be an embarrassing mess either way. I think the Jets need to at least reach the divisional round of the playoffs to make this trade look smart.
What I was saying was, there's no way in hell that Woody Johnson would allow Rodgers to be benched in such a scenario.

I'll reign in the rain of this parade on the reigning MVP, but a year removed from back to back MVPs is still impressive and this draft capital haul is WAAAAAAAAAAY below picking up Wilson or Watson.

Exactly. The past 3 seasons combined, Rodgers has 111 TD's, 21 interceptions, and a QB rating of 108. The idea that Rodgers is worth substantially less - and I mean SUBSTANTIALLY less - than Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson is nuts.

Exactly. You have no idea who you're getting with a 1st round pick. The litany of failed 1st round QB's would fill the Rose Bowl. Meanwhile, the Jets know exactly what they are getting in Rodgers.

I love mock drafts. I love the mystery of how good a player will be. I hope Terrell Edmunds turns into Troy Polamalu.

But most draft picks turn into a Terrell Edmunds. Fact. Aaron Rodgers is a ton better than that right now, and in 2024. Fact.

****….. “A..A..a..a…rrrrron and the JETS”

HUGE money would expect huge dividends.

AFCCG or bust…………….. I’m betting bust.

Salute the nation

Exactly. You have no idea who you're getting with a 1st round pick. The litany of failed 1st round QB's would fill the Rose Bowl. Meanwhile, the Jets know exactly what they are getting in Rodgers.

I love mock drafts. I love the mystery of how good a player will be. I hope Terrell Edmunds turns into Troy Polamalu.

But most draft picks turn into a Terrell Edmunds. Fact. Aaron Rodgers is a ton better than that right now, and in 2024. Fact.
The Jets don’t know exactly what they’re getting with Rogers who will turn 40 during the season. Hines Ward had 95 receptions for 1,167 yards two years before his final season when he had 46 for 381 and no longer should have been in the league let alone playing.

It isn't a horrible trade for the Jets. They put all their eggs in the A-A-Ron basket so they totally screwed up their leverage. So the fact they can still sit Rodgers if they are 2-7 half way through the season and only give up a 2nd round pick in 2024 is important. If they are 7-2 they'll ride the season out and the Pack ends up with a late first. That is manageable without mortgaging your future. The jets regularly draft busts so losing a first round pick wouldn't crush them. But if they would have given multiple picks and Rodgers breaks his collarbone game one they would have been screwed for years to come. The Pack getting a 2nd or 1st for an over the hill QB who might have one or two marginal years left is impressive. Unless I was just a QB away there's no way I would have traded anything for Rodgers. So the Jets and '9ers probably were the only two really interested as both are close just in need of good QB play. Which a healthy Rodgers is still a top 15 QB so I get the interest. The Jets can sit Wilson in 2023 and maybe he will develop behind Rodgers. Could work out for everyone.

Meh. Green Bay had no leverage at all there… they absolutely had to see what they have in Love to determine whether to reup him or not. The Rodgers contract was huge and not easily fit in anyone cap space… Aaron was also very particular about who he would play for…. And the Pack preferred him in the other conference…
So you needed an AFC team with a need for a vet QB to win now, who had flexible cap space and some capital to send back…

If i were running the Jests I would never had offered a conditional first without major salary retention or at least the condition being that we won the Super Bowl with him playing in it for us…

Meh. Green Bay had no leverage at all there… they absolutely had to see what they have in Love to determine whether to reup him or not. The Rodgers contract was huge and not easily fit in anyone cap space… Aaron was also very particular about who he would play for…. And the Pack preferred him in the other conference…
So you needed an AFC team with a need for a vet QB to win now, who had flexible cap space and some capital to send back…

If i were running the Jests I would never had offered a conditional first without major salary retention or at least the condition being that we won the Super Bowl with him playing in it for us…
Right. It will be interesting how this trade ages. For one of the league’s least successful franchises, the Jets left themselves exposed.

I think they are in Super Bowl mode as they got the “Smartest” QB to ever play the game (ask him).

He was asked about if he could answer the “Jeopardy” questions and he said “all”.

Salute the nation
He didn't form his answer as a question...

Favre went to the Jets now Rodgers?
Yep, just like Favre he apprenticed behind a hof selfish douchebag in his early years (Farve was with Neon Deon, Rodgers with Favre), then went to the Jets later in their career… all he needs is 12783 more passing yards, 33 more touchdowns, and an ill timed dick pic and his quest to catch his mentor is complete

They don't need Rodgers to be at an MVP level. Sure, at that salary it would be nice, but they don't need it. All that team needs is consistent, competent QB play and they are light years ahead of last year. The Jets as a whole are pretty solid. They have better weapons than GB did last year. I don't think they'll win a SB, but I think they'll be markedly better.

The Pack getting a 2nd or 1st for an over the hill QB who might have one or two marginal years left is impressive. Unless I was just a QB away there's no way I would have traded anything for Rodgers. So the Jets and '9ers probably were the only two really interested as both are close just in need of good QB play. Which a healthy Rodgers is still a top 15 QB so I get the interest. The Jets can sit Wilson in 2023 and maybe he will develop behind Rodgers. Could work out for everyone.

Good analysis and you are spot on that the Jets are one of the few teams that make sense for Rodgers.

Yep, just like Favre he apprenticed behind a hof selfish douchebag in his early years (Farve was with Neon Deon, Rodgers with Favre), then went to the Jets later in their career… all he needs is 12783 more passing yards, 33 more touchdowns, and an ill timed dick pic and his quest to catch his mentor is complete
You forgot a welfare funds misappropriation scandal.

I still think the Jets should draft a QB at some time during this draft.

I still think the Jets should draft a QB at some time during this draft.
If they don’t, then either they are sold on Wilson as a long term development project or they think they can get two years out of Rodgers…
They likely won’t have the draft capital next year…

They don't need Rodgers to be at an MVP level. Sure, at that salary it would be nice, but they don't need it. All that team needs is consistent, competent QB play and they are light years ahead of last year. The Jets as a whole are pretty solid. They have better weapons than GB did last year. I don't think they'll win a SB, but I think they'll be markedly better.
On top of the talent on the Jets, the Bills seem like they could slip down a little this year, the Dolphins are a huge ? with Tua, and the Patriots are at best mediocre. This division is up for grabs this year.

Rodgers won’t commit to playing more than a year. Jets better win the Super Bowl if that’s the case.