• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ABC cancels Roseanne Reboot.

Funny, that's exactly what I got out of that article.. a complete waste of anyone's time who isn't just looking to have their beliefs affirmed

http://people.umass.edu/schaffne/schaffner_et_al_IDC_conference.pdf
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1368430216677304
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2053168017737411
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ving-economic-anxiety/?utm_term=.f801522e1f23

This doesn't sound like "the damn left is so condescending and hypocritical so we hit back".

I briefly skimmed all of your links and have yet to find anything that states that the strongest correlation with Trump voters is racial resentment.

There is one that says racist people went heavily for Trump (not surprising) but saying "most racists support Trump" is not the same thing as saying "most Trump supporters are racist". If you have any data point which shows the latter maybe you could more specifically point it out to us.

There is certainly a racist element among the right wing and among Trump voters...but you have shown nothing that shows a majority or large portion of them are racist. In my personal opinion it's a tiny fringe element.

Of course the term "racial resentment" is so vague that a study author could label any number of things as such...opposition to illegal immigration, for example, or belief in welfare reform, which liberals will insist are based in racism but for many Americans have nothing to do with that.

Bingo. Better said than I could have replied.

Aggie, I'm not misreading. Don't take this personally, but I'm guessing you have clear thoughts in your head. But you're not a writer. What you are thinking isn't conveyed in what you are typing. It isn't coming across at all as it does after you spin and re-spin your original statements two and three times....or you're just saying ****, realizing it's bad ****, then trying to spin your way out of it. It's one or the other.

Because when I read and reread this over and over...

"I'm pointing out that there is another reason (racial resentment... is a stronger predictor of Trump support than all the other factors that article touts. The article's title implies it can explain to us "how we got Trump" and ignored one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) factor. "

there's really no other way to spin what you wrote. It's clear and evident.

1. I'm in "that" group that voted for Trump. You are implying with the statement above that I and a large majority of those who voted for Trump did so with racial resentment in our hearts. That's exactly what you said.
2. You originally didn't like the WSJ article. In your attempts to dismiss the article, by saying the reasons listed are bullshit, you list a "reason" that they overlooked that was "bigger than all the rest" - racial resentment.

You are in fact stereotyping and generalizing Conservatives as racists. Which is an attack on the whole lot, and those of us here who are. You just called all of us racists.

I appreciate your attempts to spin. And I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that "perhaps" this isn't what you "meant" but it IS damn well sure what you wrote. No spinning that. You behaved just like Obama, Hillary, the NYTimes, the LATimes, HuffPo and every other Liberal with a microphone or every other MSM source likes to do - "stereotype" and lump ALL Conservatives into a bucket and call them racists. Or homophobes. Or Islamaphobes. Or Xenophobes. Pick your phobe of the day.

Frankly, while it irritates me, because you don't know me...I secretly hope you and Obama and Hillary and the MSM KEEP talking this way. It hurts your cause. It helps mine. It drives Conservatives to the polls. And we will keep winning.

The NYT wrote a great piece about this even after the election, saying that unless Liberals change the way they speak to, treat and consider Conservatives, it could be decades before they see the White House again.

Well you just got it all figured out then smart guy ;) have a good weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app