• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

About Obama's thriving economy..

The Dow is down 500 points today and has lost 9% in just the first two weeks of this year. MFer.

The economy might take a spill. While lower oil and gas prices help joe average, there is a lot of money invested in gas and oil..and they are tanking.

How is the economy doing? Good if you're rich or upper middle class. The labor rate, which shows you the percentage of people working is at its lowest point since 1977. This happened under Obama's watch, and let's not forget the billions he spent to stimulate the economy that in many cases were political pig $hit.

Unemployment last just a year then you are not counted, which is why the labor rate is a better indicator. Other things such as welfare is at al all time high.

The economy might take a spill. While lower oil and gas prices help joe average, there is a lot of money invested in gas and oil..and they are tanking.

How is the economy doing? Good if you're rich or upper middle class. The labor rate, which shows you the percentage of people working is at its lowest point since 1977. This happened under Obama's watch, and let's not forget the billions he spent to stimulate the economy that in many cases were political pig $hit.

Unemployment last just a year then you are not counted, which is why the labor rate is a better indicator. Other things such as welfare is at al all time high.[/QUOTE/]

This happened under Obama's watch? Are you ******* kidding me? I'm no great fan of the guy myself, but blaming him for the overall state of the economy and the decline of the middle class is absurd. The middle class has been taking it on the chin for several decades. The simple fact is that wages haven't came close to keeping pace with the cost of living. The increases in utilities, food, rent, insurance, healthcare, college, etc. have gone up in some cases hundreds of percentage points while wages have remained in the basement. Let's not forget that the country was hemorrhaging jobs in the months prior to him even taking office. This isn't a Bush slam, it's just a matter of fact. The truth is there is no one politician that can be blamed for where the country finds itself.

Last edited:
And the Dow is already down another 300 points this morning.

This happened under Obama's watch? Are you ******* kidding me? I'm no great fan of the guy myself, but blaming him for the overall state of the economy and the decline of the middle class is absurd. The middle class has been taking it on the chin for several decades.

We are seven - SEVEN - years into the Obama economy. This economy is his, and has never achieved the recovery that our economy traditionally experienced after every prior recession:

Recession_vs_past_2471089a.jpg

Recovery%204.jpg

It is far past time to hold Obama accountable for his flaccid "recovery." During the Reagan and Clinton recoveries, job creation skyrocketed, and wages recovered the losses felt during the recession. During the weak, stumbling Obama "recovery," job creation has been nowhere near strong enough to drive up labor costs and wages, and the middle class - that group of Americans that Obama claims to love - has lost more real income than during any other recovery:

income1.jpg

This is Obama's economy, and he rushes to take credit for events that he actually tried to stop (greater oil and gas production, and falling energy costs), so he can damn well get the blame for the disappointing "recovery," the burgeoning Federal debt, and the shaky economy that appears to be on the verge of another slowdown.

The US median Household income chart tells the tale. Since Bush left, things slide under Obama.

Tax cuts for the middle class and better USA based jobs ae needed as costs for education and medical care aren't going to decline,

Trump's plan checks lots of the boxes the middle class needs.