• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Christian Right even more dangerous in decline?

Why don't you share some of those "conservative" views?

I'm liberal on most social issues, centrist-left on economic policy and hold some traditionally conservative/RINO views on foreign policy.

I loathe all isms, particularly Fascism and Communism, both forms of authoritarianism, just different sides of the coin. I think leftie 'pc culture' has gone way overboard, not into all the they, them, their stuff and all the sensitivity and walking on eggshells in society. Not interested in culture wars, everyone should have the freedom to do as they please as long as they're not infringing on others. Have no issues with 2A, that's who America is, but do support limited gun control measures.

I think our enemies are different on economic and national security fronts, plenty of meat to chew on with Russia, China, and rogue nations like Iran, Syria, North Korea. I believe Islamic extremism will continue to be a threat be it in Afghanistan, the ME and elsewhere, ie global jihadists.

I think it's in America's best interest to be proactive on the international stage, reclaiming our leadership role in NATO, for instance. It's definitely in America's best interest to be strong allies with Western democracies, to offset China on the global market. I solemnly acknowledge climate change as a real, ongoing problem and issue that needs to be dealt with in some form. I certainly don't think it's fake or a hoax, and believe late stage capitalism, with industry, over-production, population growth have all added to it. I believe the biggest problem comes from India & China but that the US should lead the effort to resolve it.

I'm a staunch opponent of the 'illiberal democracy' movement, spearheaded by the likes of Orban, Erdogan, Putin and held so dear by the alt right stateside.

I believe in patriotism and love of country, but feel nationalism is off mark, only leads to problems domestically and internationally, as it always has.

That's why I use such hybrid terms to describe my political views, as they vary. But I'm definitely on the central-left spectrum on most issues.

How does that not work the other way around? What's happening on this board, other than people ******** on literally *any* views that differ from their own? I happen to hold centrist, conservative & liberal views. People **** on all I 'hold dear' 24/7. Same goes for anyone who happens to be a Dem or simply doesn't hold extreme, right wing views. How is that not sowing division? Is it truly a one-way street, as you suggest?
I'm not talking about this board and you know it. And stop with the victim nonsense. You **** on everyone here as much as everyone ***** on you, so save it. I know. They started it, right?

You are fine with the left tearing down Christians, law enforcement, the military etc, etc, etc. You are also fine with our own government using racism to supposedly stop racism all the while marginalizing people by the color of their skin, creating resentment, then yelling "See, we told you they were all racists." They are successfully creating a self-licking ice cream cone of racial unrest. I mean, please tell me how requiring ID to vote, signature verification, no ballot harvesting, voting in YOUR OWN district, and 17 days of early in person voting is racist. That's what the left is calling racist. Hell, Potatous called it Jim Crow 2.0. But yeah, EVERYONE ELSE is being divisive.

Your ideology divides everyone into nice little groups with cute little labels and decides who is the victim and demonizes their hand picked oppressor then tries to tell you they want unity. And you can't really blame republicans for much right now on the federal level, because much to my chagrin, they are sitting on their *****, twiddling their thumbs, cowering in the corner doing nothing.

The very premise of this post - your post - is biased, uninformed, hateful, and devisive.

How does that not work the other way around? What's happening on this board, other than people ******** on literally *any* views that differ from their own? I happen to hold centrist, conservative & liberal views. People **** on all I 'hold dear' 24/7. Same goes for anyone who happens to be a Dem or simply doesn't hold extreme, right wing views. How is that not sowing division? Is it truly a one-way street, as you suggest?
No no no no no...We **** on your arrogance. We mock your trolling bullshit. We have called out your lies and misinformation with legitimate links to back up our collective retorts. Once in a while, very rarely, have we been able to hold an actual conversation with you that could be called a debate of ideas. If you would stop being an arrogant troll and more a man of reasonable debate, your ideas wouldn't be **** on. Are you wanting us to listen to your ideas and take them into consideration, or are you just here to try and piss people off and draw attention to yourself? If it's the former, you're failing miserably.

Why don't you share some of those "conservative" views?
Tibs has in the distant past been far more moderate than the latest rendition. I think just like most liberals Trump has lived rent free in his brain so long he no longer has the ability to truly think for himself on politics and can only blindly repeat the party line. It is amazing to see so many people so deeply infatuated with a politician. I think in their heart of hearts they love him but loathe themselves so much for it they have to cleanse their conscience by over compensating with manufactured hate.

I mean, please tell me how requiring ID to vote, signature verification, no ballot harvesting, voting in YOUR OWN district, and 17 days of early in person voting is racist.

You won't get a reply, Sarge. That's a fair, honest question that merits a fair, honest answer without any bullshit political ideology meshed in, and that just ain't gonna happen.

I think just like most liberals Trump has lived rent free in his brain so long he no longer has the ability to truly think for himself on politics and can only blindly repeat the party line.

Tibs summed up in two pictures:
5bvzjs-gif.5326

5fnx99.gif

They won't let me in the club. I like alcohol, cigars, and having too much fun.
I love cigars, enjoy fun, and an occasional adult beveridge, but not being drunk (tipsy or whatever), and don't want to make fun my focus. Just more important things to worry about.

I would welcome you, Sir.