• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

About retired Marine General James Mattis.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
I just wasted 30 minutes of my life getting sick to my stomach and all I got was a faint sense of relief that that interloper in chief will not be gone soon enough. His farewell speech was nothing short of pure partisan bullshit and self aggrandizement. -hack-cough-spit.

Now that I got that out, please let me print a little story about what we can expect in the future. Here's a tale about a man they affectionately call "Mad Dog".

This may be the officer and a gentleman who should be our next Secretary of Defense....

General Mattis

A couple of months ago, when I told General Krulak, the former Commandant of the Marine Corps, now the chair of the Naval Academy Board of Visitors, that we were having General Mattis speak this evening, he said, “Let me tell you a Jim Mattis story.” General Krulak said, when he was Commandant of the Marine Corps, every year, starting about a week before Christmas, he and his wife would bake hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of Christmas cookies. They would package them in small bundles.

Then on Christmas day, he would load his vehicle. At about 4 a.m., General Krulak would drive himself to every Marine guard post in the Washington-Annapolis-Baltimore area and deliver a small package of Christmas cookies to whatever Marines were pulling guard duty that day. He said that one year, he had gone down to Quantico as one of his stops to deliver Christmas cookies to the Marines on guard duty. He went to the command center and gave a package to the lance corporal who was on duty.

He asked, “Who’s the officer of the day?” The lance corporal said, “Sir, it’s Brigadier General Mattis.” And General Krulak said, “No, no, no. I know who General Mattis is. I mean, who’s the officer of the day today, Christmas day?” The lance corporal, feeling a little anxious, said, “Sir, it is Brigadier General Mattis.”

General Krulak said that, about that time, he spotted in the back room a cot, or a daybed. He said, “No, Lance Corporal. Who slept in that bed last night?” The lance corporal said, “Sir, it was Brigadier General Mattis.”

About that time, General Krulak said that General Mattis came in, in a duty uniform with a sword, and General Krulak said, “Jim, what are you doing here on Christmas day? Why do you have duty?” General Mattis told him that the young officer who was scheduled to have duty on Christmas day had a family, and General Mattis decided it was better for the young officer to spend Christmas Day with his family, and so he chose to have duty on Christmas Day.

General Krulak said, “That’s the kind of officer that Jim Mattis is.”

yUh2WFB.jpg

View attachment 2933

Last edited:
General Mattis is a killer. Our enemies should probably make sure it is a fight worth picking before they pick it. Just sayin.

General Mattis is a killer. Our enemies should probably make sure it is a fight worth picking before they pick it. Just sayin.

I'm telling ya, bombs filled with dead pigs.

but wait, there's more

FL Panthers owner Vincent Viola nominated Secretary of Army by President-elect Trump

The Viola family will retain ownership of the Panthers, the team said in a statement, but upon Senate confirmation and NHL approval

Viola, a native of Brooklyn, graduated from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point in 1977 and later graduated from the U.S. Army Airborne, Infantry and Ranger Schools. He served in the 101st Airborne Division.

After the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, he founded and funded the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point.

The former chairman of the New York Mercantile Exchange and founder of Virtu Financial Inc, he bought the Panthers on Sept. 27, 2013 for a reported $250 million.

"Whether it is his distinguished military service or highly impressive track record in the world of business, Vinnie has proved throughout his life that he knows how to be a leader and deliver major results in the face of any challenge," Trump said in a statement.

Viola, now estimated to be worth $1.8 billion, was born to Italian immigrants in Brooklyn and is "living proof of the American dream," said a statement from the Trump team.

“It is an honor to be nominated to serve our country as President-elect Trump’s Secretary of the Army,” Viola said in the statement.

“A primary focus of my leadership will be ensuring that America’s soldiers have the ways and means to fight and win across the full spectrum of conflict.''

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...t-viola-secretary-of-army-20161219-story.html

ISIS is about gone from Iraq and Syria, so who will these guys be fighting?

so now ISIS is no more?
******* really?

CHRISTMAS HORROR ISIS claims responsibility for terror attack as lorry crashes into Christmas market in Breitscheidplatz in Berlin killing NINE and injuring 50

ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack according to Iraqi sources, reports the Washington Times, with the truck reported to have ploughed into crowds at 40mph.

58583db1c46188474d8b456a.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2437904/lorry-crashes-christmas-market-berlin/

mecca-was-here.jpg

mecca_crater1.jpg

but wait, there's more

FL Panthers owner Vincent Viola nominated Secretary of Army by President-elect Trump

The Viola family will retain ownership of the Panthers, the team said in a statement, but upon Senate confirmation and NHL approval

Viola, a native of Brooklyn, graduated from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point in 1977 and later graduated from the U.S. Army Airborne, Infantry and Ranger Schools. He served in the 101st Airborne Division.

After the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, he founded and funded the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point.

The former chairman of the New York Mercantile Exchange and founder of Virtu Financial Inc, he bought the Panthers on Sept. 27, 2013 for a reported $250 million.

"Whether it is his distinguished military service or highly impressive track record in the world of business, Vinnie has proved throughout his life that he knows how to be a leader and deliver major results in the face of any challenge," Trump said in a statement.

Viola, now estimated to be worth $1.8 billion, was born to Italian immigrants in Brooklyn and is "living proof of the American dream," said a statement from the Trump team.

“It is an honor to be nominated to serve our country as President-elect Trump’s Secretary of the Army,” Viola said in the statement.

“A primary focus of my leadership will be ensuring that America’s soldiers have the ways and means to fight and win across the full spectrum of conflict.''

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...t-viola-secretary-of-army-20161219-story.html

My grandfather was in the 101st airborne division. Another good pick. It looks like Trump is putting in a lot of high quality folks.