• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

According to “The Fan” radio, if a neutral site AFC cg is held… it will be in Pittsburgh

The League office already released a statement that Pittsburgh would not be the location of a neutral site if required. Most talking heads are saying Nashville.

That game should be held outside, both teams are outdoor teams. There is nothing worse than watching football being played at room temp indoors.

Atlanta is the site. Makes sense considering you will need a large city with accommodations to handle the sudden rush for hotel rooms, flights, restaurants and it's indoors.

Almost in the middle (air miles) Buffalo and KC

Again this sucks for the fans of whichever team would have hosted the game. As if tickets aren’t expensive enough, now they need to travel 800 miles and book a hotel for probably a two night minimum. And do you really want to take your chances flying out the day before or day of the game with all the recent air travel problems and February weather?

Again this sucks for the fans of whichever team would have hosted the game. As if tickets aren’t expensive enough, now they need to travel 800 miles and book a hotel for probably a two night minimum. And do you really want to take your chances flying out the day before or day of the game with all the recent air travel problems and February weather?
No, it just sucks period. Indoor football sucks, especially if two cold, outdoor teams are playing in this game. So lame. Count me in with those who believe this is just a test run for considering playing the semifinals at neutral sites as they do in college football.

Now this only takes effect if its buffalo or Cincinnati against Kansas city right, if its Cinci vs Miami its still in Cincinnati… just if the affected cancelation could have changed the standings right?

No, it just sucks period. Indoor football sucks, especially if two cold, outdoor teams are playing in this game. So lame. Count me in with those who believe this is just a test run for considering playing the semifinals at neutral sites as they do in college football.
Yeah, I’ve never seen an indoor game in person, but there is definitely something inherently less entertaining about watching them on television. They’ve improved the lighting in the newer domes, but it’s still not the same.

That news blurb didn’t age well.

Now this only takes effect if its buffalo or Cincinnati against Kansas city right, if its Cinci vs Miami its still in Cincinnati… just if the affected cancelation could have changed the standings right?
I thought the neutral venue was for any conference title with either BUF or CIN only, since the winning % tie breaker won’t be used for them against their opponents. (As they played one less game than everyone else)

I thought the neutral venue was for any conference title with either BUF or CIN only, since the winning % tie breaker won’t be used for them against their opponents. (As they played one less game than everyone else)
It just doesn’t make sense to do for all the opponents that never had a chance of catching them if that game was played and they lost… like Miami… they weren’t catching Buffalo if Buffalo lost one more game

Yeah. I keep forgetting that the biggest sports Radio station in Pittsburgh isn’t really a good source for factual information 🤣🤣🤣
Speculation not information.

Yeah, I’ve never seen an indoor game in person, but there is definitely something inherently less entertaining about watching them on television. They’ve improved the lighting in the newer domes, but it’s still not the same.
In some of them. I do like what they have in Minnesota as it gives an indoor game an outdoor feel. However, Atlanta is one of the domes with terrible lighting.