• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Add this to the reasons Spin and Fall is not a Fan Favorite

What's funny living here in Dallas (i hate the cowboys by the way) but Jason Garrett was a lot like Tomlin. They are very similar coaches (just good enough to not completely suck, and a players cheerleader coach). Wasn't the worst coach in the world but not great. He was good enough to keep you just above good but always kicking himself in the teeth and screwing things up. Sad that Ol Jerry jones figured out that Garrett had to go cause being just above average wasn't good enough but Rooney hasn't figured it out yet.
And how has that worked out for them? Is there much improvement? What have they won since? You all realize I hope that if the Steelers fire Tomlin, they could get a McCarthy.

I think Tomlin should have been let go like a lot of you. But it seems like some of you just assume that there will be all kinds of success as soon as a new guy comes in. Maybe. But it maybe not. I object to the assumption.

I didn’t fumble, I was separated from the ball.
I didn’t fail the exam, mom, I didn’t pass the exam.
GTFOH with the linguistics and semantics.
You, who had possession of the ball, lost possession of the ball, and the other team gained possession.

And how has that worked out for them? Is there much improvement? What have they won since? You all realize I hope that if the Steelers fire Tomlin, they could get a McCarthy.

I think Tomlin should have been let go like a lot of you. But it seems like some of you just assume that there will be all kinds of success as soon as a new guy comes in. Maybe. But it maybe not. I object to the assumption.
I'll take the chance. We are not winning a Super Bowl much less playoff games under Tomlin. A change is the only chance we have to become relevant in the playoffs, we are what we are under Tomlin, irrelevant come the playoffs.

I'll take the chance. We are not winning a Super Bowl much less playoff games under Tomlin. A change is the only chance we have to become relevant in the playoffs, we are what we are under Tomlin, irrelevant come the playoffs.
do you post anything except Tomlin hate?

Good assessment. But Mendy needs to let it go. This guy has been sensitive Sally on the topic for a long time. It makes me think of the movie with Jim Carrey where the kicker went looney over a misplaced hold- missed field goal. Be at peace spin before you fall.
Ray Finkle. Ace ventura

Oh i know it could be worse, or it could be better. My thought is that this is about as good as it gets with Tomlin. It is hard to win in the NFL. I also think stagnation has set in. I am curious to see where things go this season.

Maybe we never took into the account of a second fumbler from the grassy knoll. When it was fumbled- you notice it goes back and to the left- back and to the left

89E466E4-AF9D-4934-A648-54D37D1FBC65.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh i know it could be worse, or it could be better. My thought is that this is about as good as it gets with Tomlin. It is hard to win in the NFL. I also think stagnation has set in. I am curious to see where things go this season.
After 13 years or whatever it was pretty much assumed Cowher was who he was and he'd never win one. I was on the board then. Many were saying the same things about him they are Tomlin. I don't think that because he hasn't been successful lately that he cannot ever be again.

Like I said, I would have gone in another direction if I were running the Steelers. But I'm also not going to get all worked up over something I cannot control.

After 13 years or whatever it was pretty much assumed Cowher was who he was and he'd never win one. I was on the board then. Many were saying the same things about him they are Tomlin. I don't think that because he hasn't been successful lately that he cannot ever be again.

Like I said, I would have gone in another direction if I were running the Steelers. But I'm also not going to get all worked up over something I cannot control.
I agree

do you post anything except Tomlin hate?
Is he the head coach of the Steelers and the man most responsible for our horrible playoff record the last 11 years ? As long he is on the sidelines losing playoff games, spewing his verbal diarrhea and never accepting real responsibility and changing things I will be here to out the phone fraud POS.

Did Cowher have a HOF QB his entire tenure like Tomlin did ? To think that Tomlin is suddenly going to start winning playoff games and Super Bowls after Ben has retired and is going to grow as a coach is laughable. Cowher went 5-1and won a Super Bowl with Ben. Tomlin is 8-9 with Ben in the playoffs after also starting 5-1 with Ben and Cowher's players. Cowher could build a roster and win , Tomlin was handed a great team and a HOF QB and has proven he can't win with his players.

I didn’t fumble, I was separated from the ball.
I didn’t fail the exam, mom, I didn’t pass the exam.
GTFOH with the linguistics and semantics.
You, who had possession of the ball, lost possession of the ball, and the other team gained possession.

Could you explain this in better detail ???

Maybe pictures of who is playing the role of mom...................................... this is for a friend

Salute the nation

"I didn't get a divorce, my wiener was just separated from the cat." I don't even know what people are debating. This deserves the Billy Madison "we are dumber for having heard this" award. But I appreciate the LOLs. :)

Is he the head coach of the Steelers and the man most responsible for our horrible playoff record the last 11 years ? As long he is on the sidelines losing playoff games, spewing his verbal diarrhea and never accepting real responsibility and changing things I will be here to out the phone fraud POS.

Did Cowher have a HOF QB his entire tenure like Tomlin did ? To think that Tomlin is suddenly going to start winning playoff games and Super Bowls after Ben has retired and is going to grow as a coach is laughable. Cowher went 5-1and won a Super Bowl with Ben. Tomlin is 8-9 with Ben in the playoffs after also starting 5-1 with Ben and Cowher's players. Cowher could build a roster and win , Tomlin was handed a great team and a HOF QB and has proven he can't win with his players.
its not just that. With cowher i had hope. I had optimism, a defense i knew was stout. A running game i knew was healthy. I just didnt know how good our passing could be. Took us to super bowl in 95, that went a long way with me. Now,,,,, i see similar things,, i just have no faith in the man at the helm.

its not just that. With cowher i had hope. I had optimism, a defense i knew was stout. A running game i knew was healthy. I just didnt know how good our passing could be. Took us to super bowl in 95, that went a long way with me. Now,,,,, i see similar things,, i just have no faith in the man at the helm.

Well you can expect late season thumpings..That's the norm. You can have faith that whatever the Steelers install going into the season they will not change it. You can expect coach speak.

They haven't lived up to "the standard" in so long, they set a new standard. Which is kinda good,never great. When measured against the excellence of prior teams the measure has been mediocrity.

If they can reset themselves back to the mindset of the team I've known for most of my life,everyone will accept that win or lose.

Because we are average that doesn't mean our PoPcorn is under-cooked. Our butter is fully melted and distributed appropriately. The heat is there but at just the correct amount to get a POP.

Never give up on looking through the lid.

Salute the nation

This HOF QB you speak of, let's be real damn honest here, did not play like one in the playoff games since their last run to a SB in 2010. I am so sick of that bullshit talking point. And the most responsible people for loses are the people actually out there playing. One would think that would be obvious, but ****, men can have babies apparently so let's make a guy who isn't even playing "most responsible" for the outcome of games. Grow up.

I am not absolving Tomlin. *** I have stated, I would have moved on. It's the stupidity of the arguments that I object to.

This HOF QB you speak of, let's be real damn honest here, did not play like one in the playoff games since their last run to a SB in 2010. I am so sick of that bullshit talking point. And the most responsible people for loses are the people actually out there playing. One would think that would be obvious, but ****, men can have babies apparently so let's make a guy who isn't even playing "most responsible" for the outcome of games. Grow up.

I am not absolving Tomlin. *** I have stated, I would have moved on. It's the stupidity of the arguments that I object to.
Then why have coaches if it's all on the players. Lol blaming Ben.lets see what Tomlin can do without a franchise QB, it won't be pretty. He has already proven he can't develop a running game so how is he going to win without a great QB. By the way Ben started his career 10-2 in the playoffs with 2 Super Bowl rings. Funny how the losing playoff record coincides with Cowher and then Cowher's players leaving and the only constant has been Tomlin and his ****** playoff record and lack of preparation. **** Tomlin.

Then why have coaches if it's all on the players. Lol blaming Ben.lets see what Tomlin can do without a franchise QB, it won't be pretty. He has already proven he can't develop a running game so how is he going to win without a great QB. By the way Ben started his career 10-2 in the playoffs with 2 Super Bowl rings. Funny how the losing playoff record coincides with Cowher and then Cowher's players leaving and the only constant has been Tomlin and his ****** playoff record and lack of preparation. **** Tomlin.
He had the Steelers in the hunt until late in 2019 with Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges at QB. What is the definition of not pretty?

You are so caught up in the hate Tomlin stuff...I said I don't absolve Tomlin. But the guys that actually are out there on the field are most responsible for the results. That is just a common sense fact that you can't seem to comprehend. I don't know how old you are, but what I laugh at is this Cowher love people have now. I was on this board after they lost to the Patriots in the 2004 AFCC and the whining about Cowher and how if he hadn't won one yet he never would was all you read. People conveniently forget that **** now when it comes to ripping Tomlin.

Bullshit. Good coaches put in systems and gameplans to allow players to succeed and optimize their talents. Tomlin does not do that. Please hang your hat on the 2019 season when the Steelers were awful on offense and lucky to win 8 games against bad teams, that offense was the definition of ugly Think we can win 17-14 gmes against the great QBS like Allen, Mahomes, Burrows ,Herbert etc. If championships are the standard Tomlin is not the guy. He is a poor coach propped up by a great organization and HOF QB his entire tenure which he wasted and the last 11 years have been a waster. **** Tomlin and his bullshit, verbal diarrhea and constant excuses. I hope the lab he uses after crushing defeats collapses with him inside, otherwise we are stuck with Mr. Mediocrity and his trite cliches for another 10 years.

Bullshit. Good coaches put in systems and gameplans to allow players to succeed and optimize their talents. Tomlin does not do that. Please hang your hat on the 2019 season when the Steelers were awful on offense and lucky to win 8 games against bad teams, that offense was the definition of ugly Think we can win 17-14 gmes against the great QBS like Allen, Mahomes, Burrows ,Herbert etc. If championships are the standard Tomlin is not the guy. He is a poor coach propped up by a great organization and HOF QB his entire tenure which he wasted and the last 11 years have been a waster. **** Tomlin and his bullshit, verbal diarrhea and constant excuses. I hope the lab he uses after crushing defeats collapses with him inside, otherwise we are stuck with Mr. Mediocrity and his trite cliches for another 10 years.
Exactly, so who has the better attitude over it, you or I? I don't lose an ounce of sleep over the fact that Mike Tomlin is the head coach, nor do I get myself upset over it. Try it. Don't get your panties all bunched over something you cannot control.

I don't lose sleep anymore with Tomlin as our coach. Knowing we won't win in the playoffs has taken off the stress. I expect blowout losses and am not disappointed as Tomlin always delivers. Used to be destroyed when we lost big games, the lost to Montana and KC,the Shaun Jefferson loss and the many many others under Tomlin, but now knowing we can't win makes a huge difference in expectations. The standard is now so low I laugh when the playoffs roll around and we hear the false bravado of Tomlin and the players before another 40 point game allowed, another Tomlin record, only team to ever give up 40 plus points in 3 straight playoff games. All hail the genius of Tomlin

The play was blown up by the Packers but Mendenhall had taken a couple steps when he got hit, taking care of the football should have been a priority at that point.

Not only that it happened when the game was close. If Mendy had taken care of the football we were in position to get the lead.

I don't lose sleep anymore with Tomlin as our coach. Knowing we won't win in the playoffs has taken off the stress. I expect blowout losses and am not disappointed as Tomlin always delivers. Used to be destroyed when we lost big games, the lost to Montana and KC,the Shaun Jefferson loss and the many many others under Tomlin, but now knowing we can't win makes a huge difference in expectations. The standard is now so low I laugh when the playoffs roll around and we hear the false bravado of Tomlin and the players before another 40 point game allowed, another Tomlin record, only team to ever give up 40 plus points in 3 straight playoff games. All hail the genius of Tomlin
Nah...I go into it every year with an attitude like they have a chance. This is supposed to be fun. Sure I get mad at the games at times. The key is once it's over, it's over, move on. I also understand that even with a different coach, they aren't gonna win it every year. There will be bitching and moaning about that coach. He'll have issues too that will aggravate, they'll just be different than Tomlin's.