• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

After Big Time Struggles With Steelers, Bears' Chase Claypool "Definitely In A Much Better Place"

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
Just a year ago, the Pittsburgh Steelers were figuring out ways to incorporate all pieces of their three-headed monster into a talented offense. With Diontae Johnson seen as the best route runner and George Pickens the hot commodity as a rookie, Chase Claypool was expected to be the No. 3 option. Without a true slot wideout option, Claypool was going to be the main guy there in 2022.

READ MORE

Soft in the head and the body, but hey……….. he is in a better place now…………………….

Salute the nation

Soft in the head and the body, but hey……….. he is in a better place now…………………….

Salute the nation

Charmin Claypool.
He's so soft that even Mr. Whipple would kindly ask you not to squeeze him.

charmin.jpg

Before the trade last year there was a bunch of breakdowns of his game and the problems he was having… there were two that drove me nuts.

The first was how instead of trusting the qb on deep balls, he would always slow up and turn his head early trying to track the ball… it always allowed the coverage to catch up to the play because it alerted them that the ball was going to him.. and often if the qb threw it before he slowed down then he would have to accelerate to try to make a play on a now overthrown ball…

The other was out of the slot he always tried to turn the route further upfield… i don’t think he understood play design…

There was one where the guys breaking down the play showed how Claypool caused a pick because he ran a route wrong… he went too far upfield before he broke inside and didn’t cut crisply across the field… what that meant was that the ilb in the center of the field didn’t have to move up on him and instead was free to make a pick on a guy coming from the other side…

Again i don’t think he grasped how plays work and was always just trying to get open himself

Which one of you lives next door to Supe?