• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Aggie and Slash with a side of Ark

Every assumption you just made about me, and everyone else I know who cares about this ****, is flat wrong.

you don't like assumptions? don't make any then.

but this is your opportunity to tell what you have done to make a difference

think Kap is making a difference? He has been nothing but privledged.

His activist girlfriend threw that vagina at him and now he suddenly cares.

If most are doing the right thing how mathematically can too many be doing the wrong thing?

that is mathematically impossible

No, it's not. "Too many" doesn't have to mean "the majority" or "more than the good". It just means more than anyone should be comfortable with. This **** happens too often, period, even if "most" of the time, the right thing is done. If I walk past the same guy on the street 100 times without punching him in the face, then on the 101st time, I punch him - I still punched him "too many" times.

I understand humans aren't perfect, but this itchy trigger finger "I was scared" stuff happens too much - even if the good outnumber the bad, there is still too much bad for me to comfortable with.

No, it's not. "Too many" doesn't have to mean "the majority" or "more than the good". It just means more than anyone should be comfortable with. This **** happens too often, period, even if "most" of the time, the right thing is done. If I walk past the same guy on the street 100 times without punching him in the face, then on the 101st time, I punch him - I still punched him "too many" times.

I understand humans aren't perfect, but this itchy trigger finger "I was scared" stuff happens too much - even if the good outnumber the bad, there is still too much bad for me to comfortable with.

uhuh so why aren't you out getting these kids off the streets or out pushing for something to be done on these gang black on black crimes?

because that is one of the biggest problems the US is facing.

That is a greater scale of life lost that should be the main topic or not?

why is their lives less significant?

Last edited:
you don't like assumptions? don't make any then.

but this is your opportunity to tell what you have done to make a difference

think Kap is making a difference? He has been nothing but privledged.

His activist girlfriend threw that vagina at him and now he suddenly cares.

And I don't think his own privileged life is relevant here. Sure he has made millions in the NFL. But it's exactly this attitude - that a problem needs to affect you first before you start caring about it - that allows societal problems to fester. I'm glad he is seeing a problem and speaking out. Things only ever change when a cause is rallied around by everyone. If it's ONLY those who are directly affected, it will fall likely fall on deaf ears. And the fact that we are still arguing about this a year later tells me Kaepernick is making a difference. He has made enough people uncomfortable with facing this unfortunate reality in our country because he has done it in such a way that made people who would not usually listen to him, and may not know or care about the issue, at least see this issue brought to light. Did it piss people off? Sure. He's already said his intent wasn't to disrespect the military/troops/etc. but of course people saw what they wanted to see anyway

uhuh so why aren't you out getting these kids off the streets or out pushing for something to be done on these gangs black on black crimes?

because that is one of the biggest problems the US is facing.

That is a greater scale of life lost that should be the main topic or not?

Why are you fighting me on this? I have a lot of thoughts about society's ills - but the one we are currently talking about is the one Kaepernick tried to bring to the forefront. We can talk about anything you want when they are the topic of convo. But it makes no sense to deflect from one real, legitimate problem just because there are others out there. It fuels people like Kaepernick even more that people want to dismiss his real, true issues in favor of others.

And I've been out in these streets multiple times this year. That's not relevant either

Last edited:
And I don't think his own privileged life is relevant here. Sure he has made millions in the NFL. But it's exactly this attitude - that a problem needs to affect you first before you start caring about it - that allows societal problems to fester. I'm glad he is seeing a problem and speaking out. Things only ever change when a cause is rallied around by everyone. If it's ONLY those who are directly affected, it will fall likely fall on deaf ears. And the fact that we are still arguing about this a year later tells me Kaepernick is making a difference. He has made enough people uncomfortable with facing this unfortunate reality in our country because he has done it in such a way that made people who would not usually listen to him, and may not know or care about the issue, at least see this issue brought to light. Did it piss people off? Sure. He's already said his intent wasn't to disrespect the military/troops/etc. but of course people saw what they wanted to see anyway

It is not we see what we want to see it is you stand your *** up and pay respect to millions of lives lost, so that your *** has the opportunity to have a voiced opinion. Not standing is showing disrespect even if not intended.

Last edited:
Why are you fighting me on this? I have a lot of thoughts about society's ills - but the one we are currently talking about is the one Kaepernick tried to bring to the forefront. We can talk about anything you want when they are the topic of convo. But it makes no sense to deflect from one real, legitimate problem just because there are others out there. It fuels people like Kaepernick even more that people want to dismiss his real, true issues in favor of others.

And I've been out in these streets multiple times this year. That's not relevant either

I am showing you there is bigger picture than what the media depicts. I am glad this country has fought for the bigger picture to allow you to focus on a smaller media driven one. Feel blessed.

I am showing you there is bigger picture than what the media depicts. I am glad this country has fought for the bigger picture to allow you to focus on a smaller media driven one. Feel blessed.

I do feel blessed. America is a great country. And like you said, we have those who have fought for it to thank. But America does have some sins it hasn't washed its hands of and I believe in striving for change even if things are largely good. I use my own eyes and ears and experiences and relationships to see how this stuff affects real people - I only need "the media" for information about what is happened outside of my bubble, as you and everyone else does as well

I do feel blessed. America is a great country. And like you said, we have those who have fought for it to thank. But America does have some sins it hasn't washed its hands of and I believe in striving for change even if things are largely good. I use my own eyes and ears and experiences and relationships to see how this stuff affects real people - I only need "the media" for information about what is happened outside of my bubble, as you and everyone else does as well

not me i read and read and read

i don't watch the news, as I hate their political agendas.

And no Kap hasn't made a difference. I haven't read where that crap has brought on a new law or proposal have you?

I think it just brought more disgust, from the people like me that has served.

Start a survey make a difference by pushing for a new law using a legal platform.

Hell if it was worthy I'd sign it.

But not standing for something others have lost their life for? I can't stand behind that.

not me i read and read and read

i don't watch the news, as I hate their political agendas.

And no Kap hasn't made a difference. I haven't read where that crap has brought on a new law or proposal have you?

I think it just brought more disgust, from the people like me that has served.

Start a survey make a difference by pushing for a new law using a legal platform.

Hell if it was worthy I'd sign it.

But not standing for something others have lost their life for? I can't stand behind that.
Right you are reading. You are reading "media". I read media too. If by "media" you mean "cable news", then yes that is slanted and should be taken with a grain of salt. But no matter what source you read from, it's all "media"

And I agree I'd like to see laws changed as well, police education/training reform, body cams, and just in general, less lenience in the justice system for murderous cops. Some day we will.

And sorry for hijacking the thread I just get riled up and feel some things are bigger than football but it is a football forum after all

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app