• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Al Sharpton Calls For Emergency Diversity Task Force Meeting After ‘Selma’ Oscar Snub

Spike

Reaction score
Whiteys only?

that's racist!

MSNBC host and civil rights activist Al Sharpton is calling for an emergency meeting of his eight-member diversity task force to discuss action against the Academy Awards after the movie “Selma” received only one Oscars nomination.

“The movie industry is like the Rocky Mountains, the higher you get, the whiter it gets,” Sharpton said with usual flair in a statement released Thursday after the announcement of Oscar nominations.

Many, including Sharpton, were outraged that none of the actors in “Selma,” a movie about the 1965 Voting Rights Act, were nominated for the golden statues.

David Oyelowo, who portrayed Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. in the movie, did not receive a nomination. Nor did director Ava DuVernay.

This was the second time since 2000 that no black actors or actresses were nominated for an Oscar.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/15/s...ty-task-force-meeting-after-selma-oscar-snub/

I'm going to see American Sniper, and you can't stop me

**** earth

I like this movie better

I think there is a certain time that movies have to be released by for them to be considered for Oscar contention. Maybe "Selma" didn't make the time cut.

Obviously Hollywood is run by racist right-wing Tea Baggers.

I think there is a certain time that movies have to be released by for them to be considered for Oscar contention. Maybe "Selma" didn't make the time cut.

Selma was nominated for Best Picture. It did make the cut.

We need more Affirmative Action in Hollywood.

Annie, the Karate Kid and numerous other characters were transitioned recently to be African American.... He should be happy... You know Annie .. the girl with bright red hair, pale skin and freckles.... yup she is now black... whatever. Sharpton is a clown. He is also biting the liberal hand that feeds him by attacking Hollywood..

When the **** is this piece of trash going to finally die??

I was thinking this morning about this. All those liberal running Hollywood and this happens?
Well, remember acting is what they do for a living. Hollywood used to be run by the Jooz but these days it's very anti-Semetic.

He may as well put a clan hat on and start up his own chapter. That guy repulses me. He's despicable and vile. A 'reverend "of hate and division. I didn't even know he was on MSNBC. I refuse to watch that station. They're even worse then i thought.

I call for a baloney sandwich whenever this clown speaks. Just because I don't care if he breathes again or not. His social value stops at being message board material. And I love baloney on white, with mayo. Those sandwiches are much more important to me than his brand of hate will ever be.

He may as well put a clan hat on and start up his own chapter. That guy repulses me. He's despicable and vile. A 'reverend "of hate and division. I didn't even know he was on MSNBC. I refuse to watch that station. They're even worse then i thought.

Yeah, but he needs to job to pay the $4.7 million in unpaid taxes he owes state and Federal governments.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/08/...rganizations-owe-4-7-million-in-unpaid-taxes/

Wow, I wish I was a minister, so I could avoid paying my taxes.

please do not try to bring up rules and legalities during the current administration.

How does anybody still take this guy seriously? I guess racism is the one thing with which nobody can cry wolf, no matter how absurd the accusation.

If I was a political or social commentator, I'd be embarrassed to be seen with him.

He's not getting any younger, wait until dementia starts to set in. I bet his bat **** craziest is yet to come!

I'm going to see American Sniper, and you can't stop me

Reading the book right now. All due respect to CK, RIP, I hope the movie's much better.

Maybe we can get a sniper and Al together and have them debate which movie is better.

I like short, to the point conversations such as you've suggested.

Obviously Hollywood is run by racist right-wing Tea Baggers.

I was thinking this morning about this. All those liberal running Hollywood and this happens?

Must not have been any racially tinged police killings last night.

Annie, the Karate Kid and numerous other characters were transitioned recently to be African American.... He should be happy... You know Annie .. the girl with bright red hair, pale skin and freckles.... yup she is now black... whatever. Sharpton is a clown. He is also biting the liberal hand that feeds him by attacking Hollywood..

Somebody needs to make a movie called "Black Chicks" done in blackface. Or "Black Men Can't Swim." Dedicated to Al.

When the **** is this piece of trash going to finally die??

Still keeps his hair fried, dyed and laid to the side though.....don't wanna get too black.

I call for a baloney sandwich whenever this clown speaks. Just because I don't care if he breathes again or not. His social value stops at being message board material. And I love baloney on white, with mayo. Those sandwiches are much more important to me than his brand of hate will ever be.

You don't like Pumpernickel? Racist!

image.jpg

Selma was nominated for Best Picture. It did make the cut.

We need more Affirmative Action in Hollywood.

So it was nominated? What the hell is he bitching about then? Does he want Selma to automatically get an Oscar? ******* nitwit.

I been asking myself the same question for years, a real POS who even says snow is racist because it's white!