• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

All time 25 best players in NFL history

Troy, Woodson and Watt

WATT couldn’t even secure DPOY this last season, how would he ever make a top 25 list…….. ?

(yes there is sarcasm involved, but )

A couple days ago, DK Sports Daily Shot had a segment on the PFF debacle.

Salute the nation

20 Greastest "NFL Football Players All-Time"...

OJ absolutely has to be on there somewhere...
Nobody killed their opponents like the Juice. Slashing and stabbing his way through even the most difficult defenses.

How many QBs have been to four Superbowls, winning three, while winning multiple league MVPs?

Young career or not, he's already had more of an impact on the game than the vast majority of QBs have had.

I have no issues with him already being ranked that highly. He's clearly on the GOAT path.

The amazing thing about Mahomes is that he was basically the best QB in the league from the moment he took the field. There was no progression or transition period.

He's basically Dan Marino with the rings.
Bingo!!!

Nobody killed their opponents like the Juice. Slashing and stabbing his way through even the most difficult defenses.
I remember he couldn't find gloves that fit him.

Emmit Smith was one of the most prolific players of all time, but not one of the top 25 greatest. Gayle Sayers’ career was cut short by injury, but no back dominated the NFL like he did, save for Jim Brown.

How many QBs have been to four Superbowls, winning three, while winning multiple league MVPs?

Young career or not, he's already had more of an impact on the game than the vast majority of QBs have had.

I have no issues with him already being ranked that highly. He's clearly on the GOAT path.

The amazing thing about Mahomes is that he was basically the best QB in the league from the moment he took the field. There was no progression or transition period.

He's basically Dan Marino with the rings.
I told my son he would be the greatest of all time after his first year of playtime. He laughed at me. I’ve never understood the hatred. He lives and breathes football. It’s the media that creates the craziness. And his wife. If he was a steeler they’d be erecting statues already.

rayray seemed to have no problem knifing through ……. For tackles

Salute the nation

Last edited:
John Elway / Dan Marino

over

Bradshaw / ROETHLISBERGER

No validation for this list. Joe Greene at #12 is laughable and sad.

I won’t even acknowledge the cheater with the RED_HOT poker sticking out of his asZ.

Salute the nation
It’s like you read my mind

Usual list. Whatever. some I agree, some I disagree (Dion Sanders). Leather Helmet guy was ridiculous. The speed corner route wasn't even considered. He was a guy ahead of his time playing against pylons in coverage. Even a guy in the 70s would be wide open on every play. With about a 94% completion per target ratio. Once you pick the obligatory leather helmet guy it shouod open it up to the plastic helmet one bar guys who clearly get overlooked. He was the best wing T guy.in the league.

Yeah that leather helmet guy.

Get him out of there to make room for Mike Webster, arguably the best center of all time.
Football in those days shouldn't even count.

Opinions are like arseholes, every has one, and they all stink.

20 Greastest "NFL Football Players All-Time"...

OJ absolutely has to be on there somewhere...
He was a great football player. He's currently made the purgatory hall waiting for the..

First ring of the 7th circle in hell standing in a boiling river of blood.

I told my son he would be the greatest of all time after his first year of playtime. He laughed at me. I’ve never understood the hatred. He lives and breathes football. It’s the media that creates the craziness. And his wife. If he was a steeler they’d be erecting statues already.

As far as the media is concerned, some of it is socially/culturally driven, as he is the chocolate Tom Brady/Peyton Manning that they had been waiting for. On top of that, he just seems like a really likeable person who has remained so amid all the success, fame and fortune.

No QB other than Marino was that good that young.

Unlike Marino, Mahomes hardly played as a rookie, but that might have been the best thing for him. He might be the ultimate example of the benefits of letting a highly drafted QB sit and prepare/practice, while watching the speed of the NFL game from the sideline for a year.

Obviously, most QBs lack Mahomes' talent, but it's hard to say how many QBs had their careers ruined by being rushed onto the field.

Ben was good in his early 20s, but he wasn't throwing for 5000 yards and 50tds in a season like Mahomes did.

Until “swiftly” Mahomes came along, a lot of young QBs were compared to Ben’s young career.

I’m not Arguing Mahomes VS Ben, just pointing out Ben’s wasn’t such a bad start to a career either.

Add in the “helpful hand” of the “rog”, three SBs with NO holding penalties against the chiefs OL…… different / more relaxed e rules in favor of offense.

I’m not so quick to write our great QB off.

Salute the nation

Ben was very good for a long time until Tomlin ruined him towards the end of his career.
I think time and early sacks had a lot to do with it moreso than Tomlin.

not a Tomlin fan still want him gone. Do not take me saying above as a Tomlin lover or apologist or whatever it is being called these days

I think time and early sacks had a lot to do with it moreso than Tomlin.

not a Tomlin fan still want him gone. Do not take me saying above as a Tomlin lover or apologist or whatever it is being called these days

Tomlin’s teams, how many seasons of the absolutely worse OL did BEN play behind ?

HALEY (best), Mularkey 2nd, rest were down hill from these (OC’s).

Salute the nation

Tomlin’s teams, how many seasons of the absolutely worse OL did BEN play behind ?

HALEY (best), Mularkey 2nd, rest were down hill from these (OC’s).

Salute the nation
2008 bad oline. 2020-2021 bad oline

Uh oh, now I went and done it.
Cease and desist the Tomlin talk y'all!

I love both bacon and breakfast sausage.
With bacon, a couple 2-3 strips and I'm good, but it's those damn sausages that make me go for seconds. I could put those things away.

The only food I like from Mcdonald's are those sausage McMuffins with egg and hash browns. Thats a really good sausage they put in those things.