• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Amazon Prime football question

bkwheat28

Registered
Reaction score
So I made the switch to YouTube tv for the Sunday ticket this year. Hard wired my internet instead of WiFi to help with lag and freezing while streaming. But here’s the thing. I have no issues with any streaming service app or Sunday ticket, but every Thursday night it goes blurry and freezes nonstop while on Amazon. Frustrating on normal games I don’t care about but gonna lose my **** when Steelers are on. So anyone else having this or any of you techies have suggestions?

On a side note, it was really nice of Steelers to borrow Washington our color rush uniforms tonight 🙄

I don’t know. Mine doesn’t do that. I will say this. Washington’s defense must be really bad because Chicago has put up 307 yards and Fields has three TD’s in the first half. Chicago’s offense looks good for a change.

That said, they were up 21-7 last week against Denver and blew it so there’s that.

I don’t know. Mine doesn’t do that. I will say this. Washington’s defense must be really bad because Chicago has put up 307 yards and Fields has three TD’s in the first half. Chicago’s offense looks good for a change.

That said, they were up 21-7 last week against Denver and blew it so there’s that.

I know I’ve been sitting here thinking: man after this we’re really gonna be the league joke after Sunday if we don’t show up. But against the Rats even on our best years it’s a slug fest and low scoring.

In a bit of irony, a Bears team that has lost 14 in a row has over 307 yards in a half. The Steelers are lucky if they get 300 yards in a game. At least it feels that way.

The Prime games are usually available on local TV for the team in your viewing area. So people in the steeler viewing area should be able to watch on a local channel.

As for the streaming. It's blurry for me at times, especially the first few minutes. Live Streams can get blurry sometimes if there's more people streaming than anticipated. For the steelers, I'd put the stream on like 15 minutes before kick and that could stop the blurriness by kickoff. Or not. Streams are unpredictable.

The Bears OC and Fields were getting even more heat than Canada and Pickett after the first 3 weeks. But they actually made adjustments and looked good last week and really good tonight against a good Washington defense.

I won't hold my breathe for Canada

The Prime games are usually available on local TV for the team in your viewing area. So people in the steeler viewing area should be able to watch on a local channel.

As for the streaming. It's blurry for me at times, especially the first few minutes. Live Streams can get blurry sometimes if there's more people streaming than anticipated. For the steelers, I'd put the stream on like 15 minutes before kick and that could stop the blurriness by kickoff. Or not. Streams are unpredictable.

Thanks Tape. Unfortunately for me I live in Idaho and have no shot at local tv from The Burgh. As the wise Ted Stryker once said….. “what a pisser”!

Wasn't for me last year when the Steelers played on Thursday night. And I refuse to pay for a service I will never use to watch a football game. Especially if its sub par. If they put them all on prime I just won't watch anymore.

Interesting. Any idea why? Isn’t WiFi to your laptop same as WiFi to your tv? I’m old enough I’m a dumb *** with this stuff. My kids have to show me how to do things.
yes it should be the same. but it is not. amazon on tv lags big time

I caught myself thinking (while watching the Chicago offense) why the **** can’t we do that ?

Unreal, fantasizing about a shittty offense and hopping wee could do that>!

Salute the nation

I don’t have a single problem. I have a very good Wi-Fi router, and I know that helps. I’m also pay for a very high speed from my internet provider. I also get my internet through my business account which might be a tad bit better than a residence.

Haven’t had any problems with any programming from any stream.

I hope you get it better and find it working top notch in time for the STEELERS.!

Salute the nation

The Bears OC and Fields were getting even more heat than Canada and Pickett after the first 3 weeks. But they actually made adjustments and looked good last week and really good tonight against a good Washington defense.

I won't hold my breathe for Canada
Is their defense really any good? On the broadcast they said that Washington had given up 30 or more three times (now 4) already this season after only giving up 30 or more twice all of last season. Tonight they surrendered 40 to a not great Bears offense. I’m not sure how good they are right now.

yes it should be the same. but it is not. amazon on tv lags big time

it could be resolution. It's possible your TV is streaming in 4k or 1080 which is more data. A smaller screen like a computer or tablet may be streaming at a lower res like 720 or 480. The smaller the screen, the less you need hi res because it's far less noticeable.

it could also be that the wifi receiver on your TV either built in or a streaming stick like roku or amazon fire may not be as good as your computer. It's basically radio waves so there may be interference if there are other electrical devices near the TV. Could be a bunch of reasons.

Is their defense really any good? On the broadcast they said that Washington had given up 30 or more three times (now 4) already this season after only giving up 30 or more twice all of last season. Tonight they surrendered 40 to a not great Bears offense. I’m not sure how good they are right now.

now you have to wonder. The last 2 games were Buffalo and Philly so I think most gave them a pass for giving up points to them. But Chicago?

For me the Amazon service is much better / clearer than other sites, but i watch on PC. It could be the tv has trouble processing the data coming in. make sure your tv software is up to date as well . Also make sure you are actually using the hardwired internet instead of wifi. I would lean more toward a tv issue than internet / amazon issue though.

Well first Amazon blows. This year is leaps from last but they still blow.

All my **** is WiFi and it flys so maybe you need to look at your provider and what your get, the router (I use m y own higher end **** than theirs)…etc. if everything else streams fine, the it’s them.

So I made the switch to YouTube tv for the Sunday ticket this year. Hard wired my internet instead of WiFi to help with lag and freezing while streaming. But here’s the thing. I have no issues with any streaming service app or Sunday ticket, but every Thursday night it goes blurry and freezes nonstop while on Amazon. Frustrating on normal games I don’t care about but gonna lose my **** when Steelers are on. So anyone else having this or any of you techies have suggestions?
are you on a fire stick? amazon tv app? fire cube? Fire tv? i can give simple advise that should help

are you on a fire stick? amazon tv app? fire cube? Fire tv? i can give simple advise that should help

I have PS5 hardwired directly to router and then using Amazon app downloaded from PlayStation store to log in to game.