• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Thoughts on TNF on Amazon Prime

sI think it's either next year or the year after that DirecTV goes away. If the NFL is smart, they will let multiple outlets all stream the games. They can charge way less per subscription than they are now and will make a buttload more money in the end. Then again, the NFL is dumb enough to limit who streams games to one provider.

DirecTV's deal for the Sunday Ticket ends when this season is over. In fact I believe the league is about to announce which streaming service will take over coverage starting next season.

More tv programming is becoming PPV. I read a recent article that suggested national news will become PPV.

Worked fine. I'm old and just not a fan of the idea of having to stream what should be free to everyone, especially if they're going to make me watch commercials. Couldn't find the usual sign up and dump after the game option so I was forced to pay 1.99 for a week so I guess that would be my complaint. Now get off of my lawn!

I’m fairly certain they make it so that if you give yourself buffer room so you can skip commercials your stream quality goes to crap

Picture was just fine when live, but anytime I have myself buffer room pic quality went to dogshit

Not “prime” at all

Mine worked great. After sitting through that **** show, I kinda wish it hadn't.

I had no issues. No lag, no buffering, no synch issues, but I did not watch past a few minutes in the 3rd quarter because it was not worth my time.

My feed was clear, but the audio didn't match up to play - it was a couple seconds ahead of the play. All game I kept hear a whistle while the play was happening. I also heard the commentators play by play so kind of knew what happened before I saw it with my eyes. Question - how the hell does that happen today!

Worked fine. I'm old and just not a fan of the idea of having to stream what should be free to everyone, especially if they're going to make me watch commercials. Couldn't find the usual sign up and dump after the game option so I was forced to pay 1.99 for a week so I guess that would be my complaint. Now get off of my lawn!
Thought the same thing about the commercials until I realized it would result in having to listen to more of the halfwit hosts.

Was traveling for business, bought the premium hotel wifi and the stream still sucked, choppy, I know it's gonna all be streaming next year but I hate the streaming crap

I had to watch with a friend because I don't have Prime. He mentioned how the stream would lag, freeze, pixelate every now and then, but I can't say that I ever really noticed. I was also working so wasn't 100% glued to the game.

"Someone" I know really well has an android tv box and a subscription to an IPTV provider that costs $15/month. That guy can watch any NFL/NHL/MLB/NCAA game that's available. Works well for me ... err .. him; works well for him.

Ive had no issues, but I live in the city and have the fastest internet available. I wish the games were available for everyone but this is not new. Monday night games are on ESPN and some games during the year have been NFL-network only in the past, not every one has access to those channels either. Meh, just do away with Thursday night games with the exception of Thanksgiving day and the season opener.

$9.99 for game with commercials PPV, 1-game

$24.99 for entire week of games but real-time so pick and chose

$19.99 for single game commercial free

$38.99 for comercial free week, pick and chose

Save your Birthday and Christmas money boys and girls and non-gender specific.....................................................................

Salute the nation