• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Americans Have Spent Enough Money On A Broken Plane To Buy Every Homeless Person A Ma

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
U.S. Spent Enough Money On A Broken Plane To Buy Every Homeless Person A Mansion

And you idiots ***** about the 30 million spent on Obama's cell phone program.

1 trillion dollars over the life of this piece of ****! My favorite quote

“The political armor of the F-35 is as thick as the heads of the people who designed the airplane and its acquisition plan,” Winslow Wheeler, a former congressional staffer and outspoken critic of the F-35, recently told Foreign Policy about the longevity of the plane

AP747868491590-638x423.jpg

Just days before its international debut at an airshow in the United Kingdom, the entire fleet of the Pentagon’s next generation fighter plane — known as the F-35 II Lightning, or the Joint Strike Fighter — has been grounded, highlighting just what a boondoggle the project has been. With the vast amounts spent so far on the aircraft, the United States could have worked wonders, including providing every homeless person in the U.S. a $600,000 home.

It’s hard to argue against the need to modernize aircraft used to defend the country and counter enemies overseas, especially if you’re a politician. But the Joint Strike Fighter program has been a mess almost since its inception, with massive cost overruns leading to its current acquisition price-tag of $398.6 billion — an increase of $7.4 billion since last year. That breaks down to costing about $49 billion per year since work began in 2006 and the project is seven years behind schedule. Over its life-cycle, estimated at about 55 years, operating and maintaining the F-35 fleet will cost the U.S. a little over $1 trillion. By contrast, the entirety of the Manhattan Project — which created the nuclear bomb from scratch — cost about $55 billion in today’s dollars.

Click here to read the whole thing--> http://thinkprogress.org/world/2014/07/09/3458101/f35-boondoggle-fail/

Last edited:

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
Let the designer of the F-16 and the A-10 warthog tell you what a POS it is, don't take my word for it.

Last edited:

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Why are buying homeless people Ma? How much to mothers cost to buy?

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
Why are buying homeless people Ma? How much to mothers cost to buy?

A Mansion

Refresh your browser I changed the video to the right one.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Government wastes money? What a shock. Newsflash, that's why conservatives want smaller government. Because they never met a job they couldn't screw up.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The government has spent enough on subsidies for wind and solar energy and ethanol to give every American a million dollars. What was your point again?

Vincent

@#$% the 'narrative'
Reaction score
Do you have any idea what it costs to maintain a $600K home?

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
Government wastes money? What a shock. Newsflash, that's why conservatives want smaller government. Because they never met a job they couldn't screw up.

In this case it actually is true bipartsinship as both sides are making sure this piece of socialized hardware keeps many people employed and Lockheed fat and happy.

If conservatives wanted smaller government, they wouldn't be involved in this boondoggle. How much would you bet that if they had the only say so they would throw even more money at it?

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have any idea what it costs to maintain a $600K home?

I think they were trying to make a point with the glaring contrast. No one doubts the negative things that would happen if you gave the homeless a 600k house, in most cases.

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
So let me see, you pick on a Defense program initiative, aimed at keeping America safe (success or not) simply to attack Conservatives...meanwhile you've no beef with the TRILLIONS we waste on welfare alone.

The likelihood of another 9/11 is exponentially greater now than it was 8 years ago. Our Defense is infinitely weaker under this Oministration. Yet if and when another 9/11 occurs, you'll find a way to blame Conservatives for that mess...yet you sit here today criticizing the defense industry and turn a blind eye to the never ending wasted stream of tax payer dollars into social programs that don't work?

Rich indeed.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
this project was kicked off in 2006....since as someone posted here that President Obama is one of the most intelligent Presidents in history...why hasn't this "intelligent" man cut this huge waste of resources?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
One of thousands of overpriced wastes of money one can find here in the US. Both sides do it. often the congresspersons invest in businesses they are about to overfund and yet get no flak for it... There should be a vow of poverty that goes with government service. In all honesty, with the tech leap in the last 100 years its probably time to rethink the entire government. the two party system has failed and the checks and balances that were set up over 200 years ago are failing. Lets face it, we arent nearly properly represented and the people making major decisions are detached from real people and economic impacts their decisions make.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Polo swerved into something that actually makes sense....I'd much rather we drop a 55 B dollar nuke on the ME than waste more on this piece of ****.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
News flash EVERY new weapons system has this type of problem. Its the way that they contract for them. The manufacturers have to under-bid and cut corners to get the contract and then spend years fixing issues that this causes. I believe the government already cut the number of these planes they ordered in half.

JupiterBnG

Banned
Reaction score
And you idiots ***** about the 30 million spent on Obama's cell phone program.

If it's so terrible, why hasn't Obama scrapped the program and applied the money we'd be saving to his own pet projects? Wouldn't be the first time (not by a long shot) that heavily-invested military programs were cut and written down as a complete loss.

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
So let me see, you pick on a Defense program initiative, aimed at keeping America safe (success or not) simply to attack Conservatives...meanwhile you've no beef with the TRILLIONS we waste on welfare alone.

The likelihood of another 9/11 is exponentially greater now than it was 8 years ago. Our Defense is infinitely weaker under this Oministration. Yet if and when another 9/11 occurs, you'll find a way to blame Conservatives for that mess...yet you sit here today criticizing the defense industry and turn a blind eye to the never ending wasted stream of tax payer dollars into social programs that don't work?

Rich indeed.

This plane is not meant to keep anyone safe, if anything it will make us weaker. It's an old idea from the 70's that won't go away and is being used to make some people very rich.

Who says that I'm attacking conservatives? Look at my earlier post where I said it was a bipartisan scam. Lockheed makes money hand over fist and senators/congressman get to keep their jobs by bringing WELFARE to their districts/states.

The American taxpayer gets screwed, and as far as social programs not working I thought Dr. Ben Carson was your sides latest token negro. What are you all up to now 4? Dr. Carson is the product of social programs THAT DO WORK!

Get your ducks in a row.

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
The government has spent enough on subsidies for wind and solar energy and ethanol to give every American a million dollars. What was your point again?

The point is one is for destroying enemies and it can't even do that right.

The other is to keep us from destroying our climate and in the process our habitat, and when it comes to that type of destruction we have the kill record so far of the F-15............

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
The title still says "Ma." Just pointing that out.

I figured the title was too long so I removed a word when trying to edit it and it stayed the same. I'll try it again.

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
The part I said was my favorite part(wheeler's quote) I don't agree with so much now after reading it again. I agree with the blame on the "acquisition' people, but blaming the engineers is B.S. They are forced to design something that has been given too many roles. It's like the Swiss Army knife; yeah you can say it does a lot of things but at the end of the day when you need a screwdriver it's a ****** screwdriver, or saw, scissors, whatever.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
News flash EVERY new weapons system has this type of problem. Its the way that they contract for them. The manufacturers have to under-bid and cut corners to get the contract and then spend years fixing issues that this causes. I believe the government already cut the number of these planes they ordered in half.

The truth....I work Gov't Budget and right now Air Force procurement. The problem with the F-35 was procurement creep, adding requirements to the original baseline acquisition. I do think the way this has been presented is really a little skewered though. I believe they are citing a $1T total cost but most of that cost is really operations and sustainment. Hell, we in the budget world know the most expensive part of a procurement is after it's fielded. If you're really interested...check this link on oversight of the Air Forces FY15 Presidents Budget request. If you go to slide 8, of the $138B requested by the Air Force only $7B is going to Aircraft procurement and $2.3B for the research and development of...almost 70 percent of the Air Force budget goes to day to day ops.

http://www.saffm.hq.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-140304-040.pdf