• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Amik Robertson

FordFairLane

Reaction score

Looks like he is on the bubble with the new defensive philosophy and might be cut. This could be a good pickup for us at Nickel. Reminded me a ton of Mike Hilton coming out of Louisianna Tech. He played well vs the run and was good blitzing off the edge. It took a couple of years but he definitely had a much improved 2022 with 2 picks, sack, 2 tfl and a fumble recovery taken 68 yards for a TD. I think Levi Wallace, JP2, and Pat Peterson are our top three now that Trice is gone but it looks like Chandon Sullivan is almost being handed Moats role. I think Robertson could easily provide depth and push for playing time there.

All for bringing in more competition at the position. I think it is the weakest team link.

All for bringing in more competition at the position. I think it is the weakest team link.

The Steelers have three very good CB's in Peterson, Wallace and JPJ. Also, James Pierre is for reasons I can never understand taken for granted again, but is having another good camp after a very good season last year (59.6 passer-rating against). Lucq Barcoo is having a strong camp as well. I think the CB position is pretty darn strong.

Safety is a concern. Kazee has an ankle and can't seem to stay healthy. The depth behind Minkah is not ideal. Kazee, Keanu Neal, Kenny Robinson. If Kazee is dinged, then Keanu Neal is playing and Robinson is the only depth. Not ideal.

The Steelers have three very good CB's in Peterson, Wallace and JPJ. Also, James Pierre is for reasons I can never understand taken for granted again, but is having another good camp after a very good season last year (59.6 passer-rating against). Lucq Barcoo is having a strong camp as well. I think the CB position is pretty darn strong.

Safety is a concern. Kazee has an ankle and can't seem to stay healthy. The depth behind Minkah is not ideal. Kazee, Keanu Neal, Kenny Robinson. If Kazee is dinged, then Keanu Neal is playing and Robinson is the only depth. Not ideal.
Safety for me is just having minor dings. You have Minka, Kaz, Neal, and Norwood. Seems pretty solid.

Barcoo is having a nice camp sure but a mystery on what they ultimately think of him. PatPete,Wallace, JPJ, Pierre have or had made their living on the outside. I know Peterson floats inside but that inside depth is suspect at best. We are talking positions that have players on lockdown compared to a position with more questions than answers.

Ultimately they just might go with Sullivan but his last season struggles gives room for pause. I know they have Riley and Dawson getting looks but they could very well just be nothing more than practice squad players.

Probably meant Maulet
Yep, I was reading about something Moats said earlier in the day and his name must've been still in my brain.