• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Another police shooting, another riot

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
And another dead black man. This guy was apparently armed with a knife and was advancing toward officers so they shot him. He apparently had mental issues. I'm curious why they didn't at least try a taser, but I wasn't there so I am not going to criticize too much before all the facts come out. Riots broke out in Philadelphia, and there was a lot of looting and 30 officers injured. Curious to see what the facts of the case are.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/protesters-raid-shops-atms-following-police-shooting-of-philadelphia-man

It's probably truthful to say that if he didn't advance towards the police with a knife he would still be alive.

Twitter may need to fact check this statement. And regarding the taser comment, it didn't work very well for the officers against Jacob Blake. So I guess do away with them and start research on some other less-than-lethal means of subduing an armed man who looks hell bent on violence and is not following police orders. Or, and this might be a radical suggestion;

Just stop advancing toward police with a knife in your hand when they're backing up and look to have given you multiple opportunities to do so. Seriously, this **** is out of control. His own mother couldn't talk any sense into him, and who knows how long this was going on before he even started filming.

They should have shot him in the leg.

Maybe the Steelers and Eagles can put a rush order on helmet decals for this weekend.

Twitter may need to fact check this statement. And regarding the taser comment, it didn't work very well for the officers against Jacob Blake. So I guess do away with them and start research on some other less-than-lethal means of subduing an armed man who looks hell bent on violence and is not following police orders. Or, and this might be a radical suggestion;

Just stop advancing toward police with a knife in your hand when they're backing up and look to have given you multiple opportunities to do so. Seriously, this **** is out of control. His own mother couldn't talk any sense into him, and who knows how long this was going on before he even started filming.

Here's an idea. Maybe when multiple officers respond, ensure that one officer is using non-lethal means to subdue a suspect. That way, you have at least one other officer with a gun on the suspect if non-lethal means should fail. If you're the only officer to respond, then all bets are off. Use your gun.

This country has a major issue with mental health that gets blamed on race, guns, the price of tea in China...etc. Mental health has such a stigma surrounding it that people and families do not get the help that they need. Until that is addressed and some type of authority given to health professionals, the court system, social workers...or even a new division, nothing will change. I hate to see anyone force medicated, but at the same time, we have to find a way to deal with those individuals with mental health issues that display violent tendencies or youth that display tell-tale signs of mental health issues before they progress into violence.

Here's an idea. Maybe when multiple officers respond, ensure that one officer is using non-lethal means to subdue a suspect. That way, you have at least one other officer with a gun on the suspect if non-lethal means should fail. If you're the only officer to respond, then all bets are off. Use your gun.

The average taser that most departments use has a MAX. range of 10'. You want to be on the receiving end of a perp. with any type of weapon, that is charging you, with an 8-10' window at best. It's easy to sit back and say what an officer should or shouldn't do when you are totally safe and have the benefit of hindsight. If you make any law enforcement officer choose between you or them going home at the end of the day, don't get upset if you don't like the outcome of their choice.

It's probably truthful to say that if he didn't advance towards the police with a knife he would still be alive.

That whole personal accountability and responsibility thing...never your fault...always someone else.

Here's what we have so far:

https://twitter.com/jpegjoshua/status/1320855790861910016

Note that both police officers involved in the shooting were also wearing body cams so we'll get a lot more than this over the next week or so. But yes, violence in Philadelphia is very bad right now and I expect as this goes more viral will get worse before it gets better.

Here's what we have so far:

https://twitter.com/jpegjoshua/status/1320855790861910016

Note that both police officers involved in the shooting were also wearing body cams so we'll get a lot more than this over the next week or so. But yes, violence in Philadelphia is very bad right now and I expect as this goes more viral will get worse before it gets better.

Of course it will, the people rioting don't need a victim or a martyr in order to riot, they just need an excuse. The fact that departments around the country are allowing officers to be injured and not aggressively going after those that are perpetrating the violence is beyond disgusting. When command staff and mayors repeatedly show that their police have no authority, why would anyone respect them? It is a lose-lose proposition for the police right now.

Hmmm.

Conspiracy Wig's antennae are tingling. (Sounds dirty, I know.) How unfortunate that this should happen just days before the election in a highly contested state, in the area most likely to vote D.

Weird, really. I suppose it ought to be spun that the democratic governor isn't doing enough to train his police. Darn democrats just aren't doing enough to halt police violence.

Hmmm.

Conspiracy Wig's antennae are tingling. (Sounds dirty, I know.) How unfortunate that this should happen just days before the election in a highly contested state, in the area most likely to vote D.

Weird, really. I suppose it ought to be spun that the democratic governor isn't doing enough to train his police. Darn democrats just aren't doing enough to halt police violence.

Just like Floyd happened as soon as the economy was starting to open back up. Just like Covid1984 happened to become a huge story as soon as the Schiff Show was over.

Somebody said it somewhere maybe here can't remember -- the D turnout is driven by anger and the R turnout is driven by fear. The angrier the Ds can make the inner cities, the better for turnout so the thinking goes.

I was thinking tranq darts, but there are probably too many variables to make those viable. Probably couldn't use the same strength on a 150 pound person vs 300. Then if they have other medical issues or hopped up on drugs might cause more problems.

I was thinking tranq darts, but there are probably too many variables to make those viable. Probably couldn't use the same strength on a 150 pound person vs 300. Then if they have other medical issues or hopped up on drugs might cause more problems.

I don't know what the solution is to stop a threat, but not kill them. I've seen enough footage where a taser doesn't disable the perp. Hence the Wendy's in Atlanta.

That whole personal accountability and responsibility thing...never your fault...always someone else.

Personally, I point the finger of blame at Ark. No matter the situation. Everything negative can be traced back to him if you look hard enough.

A perp can stab you ten times before the drug takes effect.

not if the dart is placed between the eyes or in the ear hole.

I love when non police say how they should police. “Walk a mile in my shoes” is so fitting. Do this, do that, **** that dude is trying to kill my ***. **** em.

Guys break in your home. Don’t protect your fam. Ask them nicely to leave. That’s better. **** that. They dead

A perp can stab you ten times before the drug takes effect.

Lmfao. Right! You can shot a crack head point blank and that dude will still keep coming. But yeah dart.