• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Anthony Bourdain eviscerates privileged Eastern liberals' contempt of working class

Spike

Reaction score
Anthony Bourdain eviscerates privileged Eastern liberals' for utter contempt of working-class

Anthony Bourdain says East Coast liberals like himself are the reason why Donald Trump got elected.

In a new interview with Reason, the famous chef, author and host of CNN's Parts Unknown eviscerated the left for their condescension of working-class America.

'The utter contempt with which privileged Eastern liberals such as myself discuss red-state, gun-country, working-class America as ridiculous and morons and rubes is largely responsible for the up swell of rage and contempt and desire to pull down the temple that we're seeing now,' Bourdain said.

'I've spent a lot of time in gun-country, God-fearing America. There are a hell of a lot of nice people out there, who are doing what everyone else in this world is trying to do: the best they can to get by, and take care of themselves and the people they love.

'When we deny them their basic humanity and legitimacy of their views, however different they may be than ours, when we mock them at every turn, and treat them with contempt, we do no one any good.

"Nothing nauseates me more than preaching to the converted. The self-congratulatory tone of the privileged left - just repeating and repeating and repeating the outrages of the opposition - this does not win hearts and minds. It doesn't change anyone's opinions. It only solidifies them, and makes things worse for all of us.

'We should be breaking bread with each other, and finding common ground whenever possible. I fear that is not at all what we've done,' Bourdain said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-utter-contempt-working-class-Americans.html

--------------------------

Ho Ho Ho - coming from a Trump hater this has really got to chaff the lefties - smacking the liberal elitists in the nose with truth like that, HOW DARE HE!

Beautiful. Nothing WE didn't already know though, being the brunt of this behavior. Glad some of them are coming to their senses.

Wait...no, let them repeat, over and over again.

Hey. I'm famous, therefore I am an expert.
Right, Tony.

Get back in the kitchen, where you belong.

In the restaurant world he's a rock star. I have all of his books and have seen most of his shows. But when it comes to politics he should do some more blow and stfu.

Oh, please Spike! East coast privilege is as much nonsense as white privilege.

Hey. I'm famous, therefore I am an expert.
Right, Tony.

Get back in the kitchen, where you belong.

LOL! So you disagree with Spike's agreeing with him? I'm guessing you didn't get that far.

In the restaurant world he's a rock star. I have all of his books and have seen most of his shows. But when it comes to politics he should do some more blow and stfu.

LOL! So you disagree with Spike's agreeing with him? I'm guessing you didn't get that far

LOL! So you disagree with Spike's agreeing with him? I'm guessing you didn't get that far.

I agree with Spike, and Bourdain. I just wonder why this media munchkin matters.

LOL! So you disagree with Spike's agreeing with him? I'm guessing you didn't get that far

No, pencil dick. I agree with Spike that librards getting a dose of common sense slamming by one of their own should really chap their *****. It doesn't mean that Tony is no longer a libtard. He admits it.

Reactions: MTC
Similar to what Michael Moore said. He nailed it on what the Dems did wrong and why Trump would win, very eloquently btw, but would never in a million years vote for a Republican himself.

No, pencil dick. I agree with Spike that librards getting a dose of common sense slamming by one of their own should really chap their *****. It doesn't mean that Tony is no longer a libtard. He admits it.

Give me ONE other example where you agreed with something and your response was "he should stfu". Really, who does that?

You ****** up and proved you're a ******* mindless sheep who fell victim to your Pavlovian instincts.

Give me ONE other example where you agreed with something and your response was "he should stfu". Really, who does that?

You ****** up and proved you're a ******* mindless sheep who fell victim to your Pavlovian instincts.
You guys take loss badly. Grow a pair.

Ironic. Your turn. Give me ONE other example where you agreed with something, but your response, oddly, was to mock it. You're a loser who can't admit ya ****** up.

Mindless sheep.

I don't know much about Bourdain but I like his comment about breaking bread and finding common ground.

I know that's an impossibility with some on the left, but there are still some democrats who have some decency and a love of this country, still.

It's ok to agree with a particular statement but acknowledge that said speaker in general is mentally warped. It's called being rational. Try it. Maybe you'll vote Republican someday.

I don't know much about Bourdain but I like his comment about breaking bread and finding common ground.

I know that's an impossibility with some on the left, but there are still some democrats who have some decency and a love of this country, still.[/QUOTE

They live in a fictional world. We've been dealing with a highly divisive condescending arrogant insulting asshat for a president the last 8 years. I've seen enough of that to last me a lifetime. That is the reality that they refuse to acknowledge.

Ironic. Your turn. Give me ONE other example where you agreed with something, but your response, oddly, was to mock it. You're a loser who can't admit ya ****** up.

Mindless sheep.

Bill Maher. The guy is a failed comedian. An admitted lefty. But he has become a spokesperson for the political left. What qualifies him? Because he has a pulpit, and he tells his viewers what they want to hear. But the guy is spot on about Islam, and has the balls to say it. There is your example.

Same with John Stewart, John Oliver, Colbert, etc.

I remember crying into my teddy bear for days after Obama won.

Oh wait, no I didn't. I got up the next day and went to work.

I can't ******* stand Bourdain. He's an arrogant douche. That being said- even an arrogant douche can be right now and then.

Bourdain is at least an honest Liberal, he admits there are people with different opinions and that doesn't make them bad. He's lived all his life in NYC so it is what it is.
Best episode of No Reservations ever. 42 minutes long, so when you have time. 27:35 is great. Later he gives them a lesson in cooking duck.

Last edited:
Bill Maher. The guy is a failed comedian. An admitted lefty. But he has become a spokesperson for the political left. What qualifies him? Because he has a pulpit, and he tells his viewers what they want to hear. But the guy is spot on about Islam, and has the balls to say it. There is your example.

Same with John Stewart, John Oliver, Colbert, etc.

No, an example would be you saying Maher is no expert on Islam after someone posted his take on it, even though you agree with him.

More Irony. You saying he is a failed comedian when he makes more money in a year than you'll make in a lifetime is successful comedy.