• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Anyone else not happy about the "stimulus plan"?

There is a persistent rumor that the initial virus that hit in October or November was worse and the coronavirus was released to cover it up, however im more on board with the other conspiracy that the globalists, who have been losing pathetically to the nationalists worldwide, are seizing this to finally enact the old one world government they always wanted so they can abuse every one equally...

It is having the opposite effect as nations are rediscovering these quaint things called borders. Shockingly they have real purpose and value.

No, not really. First, there is unnecessary pork that does nothing to help average Americans. Second, people who don’t need the money are going to get it. I don’t need it. I am still working and still getting paid. This should be targeted to people who need it. Make people apply for it. Yes it is inconvenient, but it would save at least some money.

In the end, it doesn’t matter what any of us think. They are gonna do “something” regardless of whether it’s effective or not.

No, not really. First, there is unnecessary pork that does nothing to help average Americans. Second, people who don’t need the money are going to get it. I don’t need it. I am still working and still getting paid. This should be targeted to people who need it. Make people apply for it. Yes it is inconvenient, but it would save at least some money.

In the end, it doesn’t matter what any of us think. They are gonna do “something” regardless of whether it’s effective or not.

I'm with you Sarge. I changed jobs last October and I'm over the threshold, but they're using 2018 tax returns whereby I was under the threshold so I'm getting a check. So, the wife and I are donating it all to the local food bank so the money ends up going to the people who need it most.

I'm with you Sarge. I changed jobs last October and I'm over the threshold, but they're using 2018 tax returns whereby I was under the threshold so I'm getting a check. So, the wife and I are donating it all to the local food bank so the money ends up going to the people who need it most.

my check is staying right here, with all of you fine folks.

Well, not all of it. . . :o)

I saw a post on FB a few days ago that was a line item of all of the spending in the bill with the page number in the bill that corresponded to the spending. I can't find it now for ****. If anyone can find it and post it here I would greatly appreciate it.

Our stimulus check is already spent...
It’s going to pay my tax bill..
They might as well save the stamp and keep it!

But I’m not complaining! ��

If I were eligible to get a check, it would go towards my vacation to Italy.

You gonna walk there or take a cruise?

Planes are gonna be grounded for months

5e6e9228c485407bd1433832

JHDSD4F52FAZHDF2WICLCU7FQ4.jpg
images

1073646880.jpg

200327082605-02-american-airlines-stored-aircraft-tulsa-large-169.jpg
1fc92f12c146af3c869d18d4fb68920c

What they should have done is put a moratorium on all federal a income And payroll withholding taxes. That way only people that work and pay in get any benefit. Instead it turned into a giant pork roll.

You gonna walk there or take a cruise?

Planes are gonna be grounded for months

5e6e9228c485407bd1433832

JHDSD4F52FAZHDF2WICLCU7FQ4.jpg
images

1073646880.jpg

200327082605-02-american-airlines-stored-aircraft-tulsa-large-169.jpg
1fc92f12c146af3c869d18d4fb68920c

With the exception of one photo, those are all 737 Max 8’s. I get your point, but those planes were already grounded anyway.

They are still flying out of Syracuse. Not sure for how long or how many routes, but I can get a ticket to Orlando for $45 right now. Hell, a person may have a flight all to himself.

I'll fly once they open it back up for air travel.

My little brother is an aeronautical engineer, he has always said that they air you breathe on a plane in almost equal to the air you breathe outside...they are required to have total air turnover of 30 times per hour. If you get sick on a plane it is because you had direct exposure to someone close to you, really no different than being outside.

My little brother is an aeronautical engineer, he has always said that they air you breathe on a plane in almost equal to the air you breathe outside...

Mmkay ... I don't know what type of air filters planes use, but it is not as good as the 5 gigatons of air that we have outside of an airplane.

The spending is insane. Our national GDP was $21,200,000,000,000 in 2019. That is $21.2 trillion dollars.

The Fed now apparently plans on spending $5 trillion it does not have, or nearly 25% of GDP - during a boom time. The GDP is likely to shrivel in 2020 - A 10% drop puts it at about $19.8 trillion, meaning the deficit spending will be more than 25% of GDP.

That is the end of the nation. Afghanistan would have a lower deficit as a percentage of its GDP. Maybe Afghanistan can send us a couple of trillion dollars?? Oh, and we rightly became pretty damn irritated at the amount of money we spent on the Middle East wars. Remember that?

So how much did we spend on those wars? $5.9 trillion.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/14/us-...n-middle-east-asia-wars-since-2001-study.html

What. The. ****?!? $5.9 trillion on those goddamn endless wars? How is that even ******* possible? That is so goddamn much money, spent over 14 years, or an average of $400 billion per year!

Wait, $400 billion per year? That's a ******* rounding error on the present unfunded spending. $400 billion?!? Hold my beer and watch this ... $5 trillion, bay-bee!! Why? So that we can rival the stupendous success and economic acumen of those other great nations spending more than 10% of GDP on deficit spending: Sudan, Libya, Venezuela, Afghanistan, Oman, Gambia, Congo, Brunei, Djibouti. Great, time to shake like Djibouti!!

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-largest-deficits-in-the-world.html

I voted for Trump therefore I am entitled to TrumpMoney from his stash. Not your President, not your money.

My little brother is an aeronautical engineer, he has always said that they air you breathe on a plane in almost equal to the air you breathe outside...they are required to have total air turnover of 30 times per hour. If you get sick on a plane it is because you had direct exposure to someone close to you, really no different than being outside.

Unfortunately you have to basically sit in someone's lap to get a decent fare these days. Maybe they will implement social distancing on planes. That would be awesome.

The spending is insane

Oh you aint seen NUTHIN yet!

MORE MONEY! MORE MONEY! MORE MONEY!

Trump, Pelosi see 'Phase 4' coronavirus package that includes infrastructure spending

Trump on Tuesday called for $2 trillion in spending on infrastructure, saying in a tweet that it was time to “be VERY BIG & BOLD” while interest rates are low.

The president’s statements on Twitter come after Pelosi on Monday said a “Phase 4” coronavirus stimulus package ought to include a bipartisan deal on infrastructure spending. In his tweets on Tuesday, Trump used the term “Phase 4” and said Pelosi “wasn’t bad” in a TV appearance on Tuesday.

She would like to see the next bill feature “more direct payments” to Americans, more money for state and local governments, increased protections for workers, more assistance for hospitals and nursing homes and “more opportunity for family and medical leave.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/p...structure-spending-2020-03-30?mod=nextup_bomw

---------------------

Where's my check? Where's my check? Where's my check?

We could all had free health care for all the pork they buyin

5T here 5T there. It will be 30T before this is all over.

Spending is just out of control, inflation bubble is looming, Fed lowering interest rates to keep this damn thing from popping near term...but this spending bill just sent us long on our way to an economic reset.

We could all had free health care for all the pork they buyin

5T here 5T there. It will be 30T before this is all over.

And my wife and I don't qualify for a single penny. I'm not complaining...thankful I'm working. Would have liked a little tax holiday but I have no leg to scream about it. Hope we get thru this quickly.