• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Apparently Gambling on NFL Games as a Player Is Not Okay

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The NFL continues to force feed gambling, and betting into your face, but apparently it is not okay for you to gamble on NFL games if you’re a player.

20220307_154437-826x1024.jpg

Today the NFL suspended Atlanta Falcons receiver Calvin Ridley for the entire 2022 season for gambling on NFL games in season.

#Falcons WR Calvin Ridley has been suspended a year for gambling on NFL games during the season.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 7, 2022

Ridley left the Falcons during the season to deal with personal issues.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have an official contract with BetMGM. You see the signs all over Heinz Field, the Pennsylvania turnpike, internet stories, you name it.

Bro what?!!! https://t.co/XEscNdLnl0

— Chris Wormley (@Chris_Wormley43) March 7, 2022

I could understand if Ridley was playing in a game, and betting on the opposition. Like Pete Rose did. But this seems a little over the top.

This is the first case of such a thing in NFL history. We will see how the NFLPA reacts to this news, and I’d they’ll try to fight it.

Also, if you thought for a second the Steelers may be interested in trading for Ridley. That one is out the window.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Was his personal issue a pair of broken thumbs?

"There is nothing more fundamental to the NFL's success-and to the reputation of everyone associated with our league-than upholding the integrity of the game"

written by commissioner roger godell

WHAT a ******* joke

Good thing the cheatriots weren't gambling on winning.!

Salute the nation

For those who know the rules better than me. Say he gives $1500 to his mom or GF, etc.. They place the bet. Is it off limits for his family to gamble as well?

For those who know the rules better than me. Say he gives $1500 to his mom or GF, etc.. They place the bet. Is it off limits for his family to gamble as well?
Probably frowned upon but not against the rules. Pretty dumb either way to place any professional sports bet when you play in the league.

Totally different sport, but I believe Pete Rose had a go between guy to place his bets and it didn’t matter to mlb…

It’s a hefty price but I don’t feel bad for him. As soon as league started aligning themselves with gambling apps they were opening a can of worms. League fore fathers knew this and were adamantly against being associated with it. Tough break for the kid but he should’ve known better.

Still the players union should chime in if the rules are not clear. Something they didn't do for a QB in Pittsburgh a while back.

Last edited:

Sites like FanDuel and DraftKings have language that their employees plus their friends and family aren’t allowed to play. I’d guess the NFL gambling policy is the same.

a bet of $1500 bucks total costs you 11million. wow

on the plus side for Ridley, he did steal last year’s salary by sitting out nearly the whole year with alleged personal issues. The NFL opened a can when they stupidly agreed to pay guys to sit out indefinitely so long as they see a shrink.

I personally don't see the big deal if he wasn't playing. But he had to have know it was a huge no.

I'm not a gambling man but I find this quite egregious since the games he bet on weren't the ones he played in. I do not claim to know the NFL's policy on gambling...

Would this have happened if he was a Cheatriot??? I mean COCAINE was found in Chung's home - not just a little bit either - what did the NFL do??? Let the fella play the whole season. That's hilarious...

I'm not a gambling man but I find this quite egregious since the games he bet on weren't the ones he played in. I do not claim to know the NFL's policy on gambling...

Would this have happened if he was a Cheatriot??? I mean COCAINE was found in Chung's home - not just a little bit either - what did the NFL do??? Let the fella play the whole season. That's hilarious...

Well you could have friends playing on a team you're wagering on certain criteria they could influence. Just kick some money his way.

The do agree the NFL is a joke when it comes to integrity and what they allowed the pats*** to do for almost 2 decades. They can stick that integrity bs.

Go back and read post #5

when yaz got time

Salute the nation

no risk it no biscuit

what a dope using your own phone

No kidding, I'd ask to use slash's provided he wasn't brokering a deal with Green Bay on the Rogers aqusition.

Next up would be you,.......... provided you had payed your phone bill and it was active..................

Coolies would be out due to the, lets be polite, residue left on it from his ride in the LUXURY S10.

Cope wouldn't be able to remeber where he left his

That takes me down to bermuda's, he is a bad *** who would gladly loan it,........................ for a % of the winnings.........................................

Salute the nation