• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

AR 15 *******

They suspended production last year because the market was flooded with the AR- platform and rifle sales at the time were down. They pivoted to military sales in the U.S, the middle east and Hungry. The U.S. awarded them a $41 million contract last year. They may get back into the consumer market down the line.

I have on of their ARs from several years ago. It's a tack driver.

Amen to that. I knocked down 4 Coyotes in a matter of seconds. Shot the first one coming in on a Doe bleat and the other three on the run. I hate those *******. They were killing my Mother-in-laws pet rabbits. Father-in-law was tired of hearing the rabbits screaming and her bawling every couple of nights.

i have a buddy who picked up a .40 carbine for about $200. Says he hasn't touched his AR since. I'm thinking about going that route.

i have a buddy who picked up a .40 carbine for about $200. Says he hasn't touched his AR since. I'm thinking about going that route.

.40 is a pistol round. They are decent enough rifles but they don't have the range of a 5.56. But if you are just target shooting or plinking they work fine.

**** it. Go big.

giphy.gif

It is kind of a crappy buyer's market right now it seems, but not terrible.
My last 2 AR purchases have been PSA, the first I bought a complete upper and complete lower separately. I've got right at $500 in it and it runs perfect.
The latest I just got not long ago, but I'm building it. I have a little over $500 in it and I expect it will run perfect as well. I just made sure they both had the good bcg.
I think PSA is the best bang for the buck, especially if you do your homework.
Can't go wrong with an M&P or Ruger either for entry level rifles.
Like others said, get brass cased ammo in bulk, load up on PMAGS and be done with it.

They suspended production last year because the market was flooded with the AR- platform and rifle sales at the time were down. They pivoted to military sales in the U.S, the middle east and Hungry. The U.S. awarded them a $41 million contract last year. They may get back into the consumer market down the line.

I have on of their ARs from several years ago. It's a tack driver.

I 'know a guy' who has both a Colt LE6920 SOCOM and a STAG ARMS. He claims that they are miles apart in quality, with the Colt being the preferred product.

I 'know a guy' who has both a Colt LE6920 SOCOM and a STAG ARMS. He claims that they are miles apart in quality, with the Colt being the preferred product.

I've never owned a STAG so I don't know. I do know that my Colt will stack lead one on top of the other at 100+ yards...well it would before the tragic boating accident.

What's the best caliber and casing for shooting a gun out of another guy's hand without actually hitting the other guy?

Asking for Biden.

I hear Red Rider's are great for the job.....