• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are we at a tipping point? The left.

Have no problem with the government helping people who lose their job through no fault of their own, or disability, etc., but I object to transfer payments being a lifestyle.

Agreed. I have had family and family friends who have gamed the system. It's wrong.

My personal belief is that charity belongs in the private sector. I do understand, though, how government assistance can have its place. But, for the love of all that is rational, MAKE IT SHORT TERM! This idea that govt help is a life long thing is insane.

I see what Coach is sayin', although 'tipping point ' is not exactly what I was thinkin'. The left is getting more aggressive by the minute but Conservatives have not begun to come out of their little cocoons yet. I'm not sure what it will take to get to that "tipping" point but we'll know for sure when it happens. The dims are obsessed with J6 and I think that scared them, even though they continue to pull off far worse demonstrations even now. With this abortion meltdown, the left will be the only aggressor, IMHO the right will not be drawn into violence as a whole, too many religious folks involved. What may be the final straw is the midterms. If the Dims try that midnight ballot drop bullshit again, we may see some of them late night ballot boys get disappeared....jus sayin' I have even read about some crazies talkin' about setting fire to all the drop boxes, so somebody's gettin' ready somewhere.

election-2020-meme-yang-gang-720x720.jpg
If you've read about it then so have all the alphabet agencies (FBI, CIA etc etc).

Coach, you’ve buried Trump and you credit the Republicans for standing up to him? Republicans rarely stand up for anything unless it’s to help the Democrats when the chips are down!

You’ve bought into that whole January 6 tempest in a teapot psychological operation?

I watched local news the day the decision came down on Roe. A young black woman was being interviewed. She said "it's time to throw blood". That sounds like they want killing!

Agreed. I have had family and family friends who have gamed the system. It's wrong.
If I may offer a little bit of levity. I used to work with the Social Security disability program.

Some years ago, SSA decided that it would be a good idea to implement fraud units in most states. The moral of the story?

If you are a man out there and receiving disability checks for your “disability” and working your lucrative side hustle under the table? Your Number one mission in life is to make sure your marriage or live-in relationship stays intact and the female is happy. If not? Expect a phone call To your local disability fraud unit something along the lines of “he ain’t disabled!”

Funny how they are more than willing to go along with it as long as they can benefit!

Coach, you’ve buried Trump and you credit the Republicans for standing up to him? Republicans rarely stand up for anything unless it’s to help the Democrats when the chips are down!

You’ve bought into that whole January 6 tempest in a teapot psychological operation?

I like Trumps polices and what he did in general but his last 20 days, no. I'm for the Republican who were forced to act, they did the right thing and are heroes. I hope 1-2 candidate's from the Republican side emerge and Trump comments on what must be said on the sidelines, ripping the Democrats liberals.

I like Trumps polices and what he did in general but his last 20 days, no. I'm for the Republican who were forced to act, they did the right thing and are heroes. I hope 1-2 candidate's from the Republican side emerge and Trump comments on what must be said on the sidelines, ripping the Democrats liberals.
Who are the heroes? Pence? Don’t forget that his last 20 days maybe as free as this country will be for a very long time.

Of course they stole it. But always count on the Republicans to stand down and curry favor with the cocktail circuit.

Coach I disagree and I think just about all of the Republicans were cowards and the January 6 operation gave them cover and was more or less a pressure relief valve for the swamp. They all wanted Trump gone and the knives were out.

The last 20 days were “six ways to Sunday.”

But it’s no different than many of the Republicans jumping on the Ukraine bandwagon for another few hundred billion.

You’ll have to dig up that photo somewhere that the house members took when they did the resolution or the money for Ukraine and ole one-eye Dan Crenshaw was Strategically placed at the capstone of the triangle in the photo not by accident for those with eyes to see.

Trump had to go.

Social programs don’t help people. Social programs make people dependent and create patronage system where citizens become a dependent voting block. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.

“Charity is no part of the government.”

Some dead white guy who wrote some old out dated document said that.
When the mills closed, my dad lost his job and despite being the person with the greatest work ethic I have ever met and despite searching every day for two years, couldn’t find a job outside of side jobs here in Pittsburgh… it’s what happens when you close tge largest employer in a region… during that time we would have starved without food stamps and unemployment… some social crutches are absolutely needed… its the people who abuse them that are the issue. And trust me, some of my extended family have done just that… i know too many people who work under the table and use social programs to booster their money…

But i know plenty who absolutely need them to just scrape by too

When the mills closed, my dad lost his job and despite being the person with the greatest work ethic I have ever met and despite searching every day for two years, couldn’t find a job outside of side jobs here in Pittsburgh… it’s what happens when you close tge largest employer in a region… during that time we would have starved without food stamps and unemployment… some social crutches are absolutely needed… its the people who abuse them that are the issue. And trust me, some of my extended family have done just that… i know too many people who work under the table and use social programs to booster their money…

But i know plenty who absolutely need them to just scrape by too
Hey Mad, I know not every situation is compatible and we all have different needs and goals but I too was part of that same mill closing scene. In fact, it is the reason my family now lives here in Florida. After doing the food stamp, unemployment, off the books delivery driver stuff, I called my brother-in-law in Tampa and requested a temporary room. It took me exactly one week to get a job and a month later my wife sold our house and joined me. For years we would go back to Da Burgh to visit and I would go back to my old hang outs and see the same guys I worked with sitting there on a bar stool or on their porch waiting for someone to tap them on their shoulder and offer them a job. Not saying that was your Dads case at all, jus sayin' that there are always alternatives if you look hard enough.

And yes, I agree that welfare is indeed necessary but after the Gov't took it over from the churches, it has gotten so easy and rewarding that we are seeing a generational continuance in many families.

images

ex-girlfriend's brother and sister-in-law gamed the absolute **** out of the system.
he was on "disability" and received a few thousand from the gubmint for his plight. also got food stamps, living stipend and some other ****. basically making more money to stay home and **** off than to work. so he did.
how did his wife figure into that? she was declining annual raises since it would bump them into the next income bracket for legal earnings and they'd lose their cash cow.