• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are we SURE AOC isn't a Republican?

My brother moved to MS briefly when he left the service after being in Germany. His daughter was 2 grades above her age group in fourth grade. The education system there was a mess. They decided MS might not be a great place to settle down and moved to Iowa instead.

What most people don't understand about MS is that it should be divided into 4 sections. You have the delta which runs from south Memphis to Natchez. It's poor and mostly black. Then you have Jackson the capital. It's a war zone in certain areas and wealthy in others. Then you have NE MS which is working class with businesses like Toyota, General Atomics, Yokohama, Cooper Tire and Columbus Air Force Base. This is where I'm located. It's mostly white but there are small towns with majority minorities. Then you have the coast which is almost like Florida.

Where I live you have major industry and private Christian schools. There are many high level local public schools as well. Some are nationally known in science and engineering competitions. Just depends on where you go.

When I started teaching, they gave me what I affectionately refer to as the "Zoo Class". As a 1st year teacher they gave me the Sr. English class filled with that group of kids who absolutely did NOT give a **** about world lit. I caught them lighting books on fire, drawing on the floor with a Magnum marker, literally dismantling their desks...

Meanwhile the most senior and experienced teacher in the school was given the A.P. (advanced placement for those not at all involved in education) Class. These kids brought their OWN F'n books to school. They BEGGED for more work and responsibility and they were largely self-motivated.

So - logically, you take the least experienced person on your staff and put them in the most difficult environment while you take your all-star and ask them to put on cruise control for the valedictorian group. Great Plan!

I did love my Zoo Class though. Cut my teeth and learned a LOT about classroom management. So on that front, I absolutely thank my Principal for putting me in that situation.

The Dems are going to run someone against her next election... she is going to be a one term nobody that only has national exposure cause you repubs keep paying attention to her nonsense.... she is like Beto... a flash in the pan nothingburger.

Just imagine the stories she'll be able to share from behind the bar. Alex's excellent adventure.