• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are you ok with 6 and 11 over 10-7?

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Essentially are you ok with band aids and duct tape 10 wins make wildcard or don't by skin if teeth to get dicks knocked off first round over real rebuild?
I am not. I'd prefer to add to roster with some key guys and role with Kenny. If they suck continue rebuild next year with higher draft pick Q. This perpetual reload has them square at the bottom of the upper third. To me the only thing worse is bottom 1/4 for 5 to 7 years.

Essentially are you ok with band aids and duct tape 10 wins make wildcard or don't by skin if teeth to get dicks knocked off first round over real rebuild?
I am not. I'd prefer to add to roster with some key guys and role with Kenny. If they suck continue rebuild next year with higher draft pick Q. This perpetual reload has them square at the bottom of the upper third. To me the only thing worse is bottom 1/4 for 5 to 7 years.
I am not interested in knocking any dicks around for the record.

if we are going to be 6-11, might as well be 3-14 or 2-15 and really get impactful players. The Steelers were extremely lucky to get Ben at 11. tht wont happen again.

if we are going to be 6-11, might as well be 3-14 or 2-15 and really get impactful player. The teeler were extremely lucky to get Ben at 11. tht wont happen again.
I don't disagree. But the roster is not bad enough to get there. I think with KP your floor is honestly 8 wins. Ceiling.....11. And it really isnt much different with Russell Wilson.

I want the Steelers to contend for championships. I thought it was my God given right as a Steeler fan until recently

By recently, you mean last ten years————— right !!!

Saluite the nation

I think more accurately it is I want them to do things that will lead to them getting into real contension. And I can be patient for 3-4 years. I'm just tired of padding Tomlins never a losing season legacy.
While on the surface I can understand the argument, you have to be careful. Even if you do that, there is no guarantee. You could be perpetually rebuilding. Like Cincinnati between Esiason and Burrow. They had really bad years and it really did them no good until finally the blind squirrel found the nut in Burrow. Different sport...but the 76ers. They aren't any closer to a championship than they were at the beginning of "The Process." So in theory it sounds good, maybe it isn't so much in practice.

And, and I say this respectfully believe it or not, you are full of shiit about being patient for 3-4 years. None of us would be. 3-4 years? You could be in the process of building something, a guy or two gets hurt, and that 3-4 turns into 5-6 and more. Another thing I don't understand about that argument is it's been 2 years with Kenny Pickett and so many are done with him, and sometimes it takes QBs a bit...and fans are gonna be patient for 3-4? Yea, right.

While on the surface I can understand the argument, you have to be careful. Even if you do that, there is no guarantee. You could be perpetually rebuilding. Like Cincinnati between Esiason and Burrow. They had really bad years and it really did them no good until finally the blind squirrel found the nut in Burrow. Different sport...but the 76ers. They aren't any closer to a championship than they were at the beginning of "The Process." So in theory it sounds good, maybe it isn't so much in practice.

And, and I say this respectfully believe it or not, you are full of shiit about being patient for 3-4 years. None of us would be. 3-4 years? You could be in the process of building something, a guy or two gets hurt, and that 3-4 turns into 5-6 and more. Another thing I don't understand about that argument is it's been 2 years with Kenny Pickett and so many are done with him, and sometimes it takes QBs a bit...and fans are gonna be patient for 3-4? Yea, right.
If you wanna live in the middle you will stay there forever. Personally I think they gotta hit bottom just to get a new coach. Wouod I enjoy it....no.. Would I live with it to get beyond groundhog day.....damn rights.

And I don't believe tgey wouod be ****** next year with Kenny. Or st least I certainly won't concede it. But whatever it is at least it's real.

A new voice and new coach is more important than moving up 10 spots in one first round imo

If Rooney ever wises up them and only then does the cycle break

If having a top 10 pick was some magic elixir just trade up in a draft to get the magic elixir player, but the draft doesn’t work that way

A bad record doesn’t guarantee a good draft by any means.

We picked Bush the last time we had a high pick, how did that work.

I think the only thing that matters is a new voice that takes us in a new direction…that doesn’t happen til Rooney says so. The record matters not

A new voice and new coach is more important than moving up 10 spots in one first round imo

If Rooney ever wises up them and only then does the cycle break

If having a top 10 pick was some magic elixir just trade up in a draft to get the magic elixir player, but the draft doesn’t work that way

A bad record doesn’t guarantee a good draft by any means.

We picked Bush the last time we had a high pick, how did that work.

I think the only thing that matters is a new voice that takes us in a new direction…that doesn’t happen til Rooney says so. The record matters not
I'm not saying a top 10 pick is a magic elixir. And certainly agree Tomlin is the overall issue. I'm just saying little quick fixes keep you at 20 and if you are gonna move on From KP it should be because he fails next year and you are top 15 where you might actually find your guy.

If you wanna live in the middle you will stay there forever. Personally I think they gotta hit bottom just to get a new coach. Wouod I enjoy it....no.. Would I live with it to get beyond groundhog day.....damn rights.
Again, not disagreeing necessarily with what you are saying, but there is a big caveat there. What if they don't come out of it?

Guys are all over the draft
There will be awesome players available at least our first five picks and likely every time we’re on the clock

Tomlin and his antiquated philosophy, weak coaching staff, inability to coach guys up, and poor player evals is 99% of the reason for the groundhog cycle we’re in

We drafted well last year later in the draft so I’m up for tryna win every game possible and take 10-7 over 6-11 all day

Rooney and his love for Tomlin is the issue
As long as Tomlin is here you can field a D with virtually all first round picks and still be exposed, he’s proven that to be true

There’s one main problem and it ain’t where we’re at as far as draft position imo

Again, not disagreeing necessarily with what you are saying, but there is a big caveat there. What if they don't come out of it?
If they don't come out of it they will replace the coach. Which is really what needs to happen here. Not only do I think they will not win a SB with Wilson it's all fairly moot because I don't believe they will win one with Shades.

If they don't come out of it they will replace the coach. Which is really what needs to happen here. Not only do I think they will not win a SB with Wilson it's all fairly moot because I don't believe they will win one with Shades.
Maybe. As it pertains to Wilson, I just hope that is nothing. I just don't see any upside to it.