• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are you ok with 6 and 11 over 10-7?

Their ceiling has been .500 or a little over for a very long time.

My personal opinion from a large body of work that spans the last 12 years is that they need a new HC.

How many more years of carbon copy seasons is it going to take?

Their ceiling has been .500 or a little over for a very long time.

My personal opinion from a large body of work that spans the last 12 years is that they need a new HC.

How many more years of carbon copy seasons is it going to take?

2 - 4

salute the nation

I’m OK with whatever it takes for this team to get a new HC. I’m so over Tomlin

I hear yaz Scott, I always hear the ”we could do worse without him” argument, BUT I’m willing to chance it. This same **** in and out, Groundhog Day scenario is just nuts.

We field better teams than that, we lost expectations of winning and 1/2-***-ed attitudes / efforts that a REAL change is needed.

How soon before the “YOUNG” Rooney might take over ?

Salute the nation

They were saying that it was in the works and a forgone conclusion.
Damn, last I read they were wait and see mode...which would actually make sense since he has done nothing to deserve an extension.

If they extend him again before a playoff win I think I just gotta go away for awhile and follow college exclusively cuz to continue to watch this **** show with no hope for change is just insanity

I hear yaz Scott, I always hear the ”we could do worse without him” argument, BUT I’m willing to chance it. This same **** in and out, Groundhog Day scenario is just nuts.

We field better teams than that, we lost expectations of winning and 1/2-***-ed attitudes / efforts that a REAL change is needed.

How soon before the “YOUNG” Rooney might take over ?

Salute the nation
we definitely COULD do worse without him,
Problem lays in we DEFINITELY won't do better with him.

I think that's a chance most fans are more than willing to take.
Time to start chanting FIRE TOMLIN at PENS games???
Guess that's what it takes for Rooney to stop being a *****

I don't disagree. But the roster is not bad enough to get there. I think with KP your floor is honestly 8 wins. Ceiling.....11. And it really isnt much different with Russell Wilson.
cool because the chiefs had 11 wins this year so I guess that is not too bad

cool because the chiefs had 11 wins this year so I guess that is not too bad
If the Steelers actually win 11 games I'd say they are a contender. But that is their ceiling. 11 wins was the Chiefs' floor. If you don't see the difference between these two organizations right now I don't really know what to say.

If the Steelers actually win 11 games I'd say they are a contender. But that is their ceiling. 11 wins was the Chiefs' floor. If you don't see the difference between these two organizations right now I don't really know what to say.
Of course there is a huge difference. I was just pointing out how stupid it is to arbitrarily assign a QB a # of wins. The chiefs early struggles were on offense and it was their D that allowed them to keep the season alive. The steelers would not have been a contender at 11 wins. If we beat Arizona and NE we may have gotten a more favorable playoff matchup and won a game, but it would be a huge stretch to consider us a real contender.
To answer the original question you could have a really good 10-11 win season or a really bad 10-11 win season. You could also have a decent 6-11 season that shows promise. The steelers are very stagnant. No innovation on either side of the ball. We play what seems to be a pretty safe / basic defense and the Canada offense was even worse. If we have a bunch of young guys that play hard, show potential, but make mistakes then a 6 win season is not terrible. If we put the same garbage as last year out there w/o any improvements then a 6 win season is awful. Even last year they opened things up out of desperation and looked competant then went back to the shell against Buffalo. The bottom line is that coaching philosphy has to change no matter who the coaches are.