• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Artie Burns tape vs the Panthers

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2016/09/steelers-film-room-artie-burns-vs-panthers/

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2016/09/steelers-film-room-artie-burns-vs-panthers/

Burns is very raw. He's good when he's facing the football and it's in the air, but can be fooled to easily.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
the guy isn't afraid of contact, that's great

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

ianv2012

Reaction score
Based on one half of a game?

Haven't you realized by now that Coach has the incredible ability to make judgements on very very very little evidence. I mean come on you're a regular poster here, you can't have missed his thousands of thread posts.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Based on one half of a game?

Based on his college play, and the one pre-season game yes. He does not read well, and he can be fooled. Not a high football IQ, but you could argue he's a rookie and has a lot to learn.

Pre-season football is vanilla. During the regular season, teams disguise their play calling a bit better

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Funny I must of missed him being fooled in this game.. then again I'm not a expert film watcher

You've got the 2nd part correct.

I'm really not here to mock you. Let's look at clip #2, okay?

Burns thinks the play is going inside, give up containment and gives up a 13-14 yard running play. When you play outside or end, you got to watch the outside corner vs runs. Burns was fooled here, plain and simple. And this is stuff a good high school program will teach you.

Now upon further review, do you think I'm correct on this clip?

P

POP

Burns thinks the play is going inside, give up containment and gives up a 13-14 yard running play. When you play outside or end, you got to watch the outside corner vs runs. Burns was fooled here, plain and simple. And this is stuff a good high school program will teach you.

Yup, he got fooled. Rookie mistake. Burns needs lots of work.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

Smh so you were talking about running plays when you made your he can be fooled assessment? I doubt you were but whatever. So because he filled the wrong lane in run support you're using this play to back up your bull ****.. can't make this **** up. He lost contain. Simple rookie mistake. But we all know you were not talking about the run game. Things will be no different with him as Davis you will ignore any positives play and focus on any play that will support your narrative. He made a simple mistake in run support in his first game. He sucks.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
And I didn't need for Steeler depot to tell me he lost contain on this play..watching it during the game you could see it and you can also see Moats telling him after the play.

P

POP

Smh so you were talking about running plays when you made your he can be fooled assessment? I doubt you were but whatever. So because he filled the wrong lane in run support you're using this play to back up your bull ****.. can't make this **** up. He lost contain. Simple rookie mistake. But we all know you were not talking about the run game. Things will be no different with him as Davis you will ignore any positives play and focus on any play that will support your narrative. He made a simple mistake in run support in his first game. He sucks.

But there were no positive plays. He dropped an int that was right in his hands. Not saying he will never be good, but he hasn't shown anything yet.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
But there were no positive plays. He dropped an int that was right in his hands. Not saying he will never be good, but he hasn't shown anything yet.

Smh the diving play where he knocked pass away. That was right in his hands? Somehow you and coach have now turned that into a negative play.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
And I didn't need for Steeler depot to tell me he lost contain on this play..watching it during the game you could see it and you can also see Moats telling him after the play.

Your initial statement was, Funny I must of missed him being fooled in this game!

Afer I point it out you say, " He lost contain. Simple rookie mistake. " aka he was fooled.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

LOL.....You can't make this stuff up. I see this exact same thing happen in College games every week. Hell. you see in NFL games weekly. I'm sure with all the tape you have watched in your life that you have also.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Because I assumed you meant in pass coverage like you have typed over and over again. Not in his run assignments. But of course I should have known you would jump on any negative play and use it. That was silly of me. But I bet you can't find one of your posts on Burns where you said he can be fooled that you were including his work against the RUN. Which is why I concluded that you were talking about against the pass.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
What I would do with Burns and Gilbert is give them very basic man coverages or defined deep zone coverages on passing downs. maximize their physical tool set, and minimize their above the neck football.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
We have DB's on this team that get fooled on plays quite often....Burns will be fine.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah Burns looked horrible on that pass he almost intercepted, cut the ******.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
******* scrub cut him!

To be fair that clip was only 1 min 9 sec long. Coach says he uses 4 min clips. Gives you a larger body of work. Those shorter clips the professionals like Coach don't bother with. I think High School coaches know that much. Or so Coach says so.