• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

As of week 14, draft order————————- NO cleveland

I think I would trade our 1st this year for a 2&3 this year AND next. This year I would only draft OL & DL players. Next year after they know the direction they want to go, they can fill the holes.

Let the new guy have some new toys to build around.

I don't know this year has seen less offense and some bad offensive teams winning some games based on defense. Normally though I would agree. Center is absolutely the biggest need on offense before anything else. Defense I still think ILB has to addressed with a premium pick and even a second pick later on. A good character TJ Watt type player.
Draft for tge league in the future season, not tge now…

That defensive resurgence will end as soon as they crack down on defensive holding and start allowing offensive holding

I thought that was what they were doing already. TJ couldn't buy a flag.

And soon no defensive player will… sacks are up, qbs are injured and scoring is down…

I said I had seen some whispers in the beginning of the season that the league was going to officially legalize a lot of offensive holding sooner or later… and this season makes me actually think that it might happen…

They don’t like bad offenses or injuries to big money qbs…

My guess would be that inside the pocket behind the los holding will be allowed.
Its better than flags, I guess, but not much…

Yinz act like we didn't have damn good draft this last year with a new man in charge. It is one area we seem to be doing well in.
While I'm leaning towards it being a strong draft, it's still a bit early to say. I know a few picks Yinzers were shouting about down the streets haven't panned out yet (as to be expected). Washington was supposed to wipe out Eric Green's record rookie season (Ummmm, that sure as sh-t didn't happen), Benton was gonna be the next Casey Hampton (not looking so) and Trice was going to be equal to Porter (injury ruined that possibility). Herbig has shown some good signs for the future. It does look like a solid draft, let's just hope the signs continue towards that. I still have no idea why Washington isn't used more.

While I'm leaning towards it being a strong draft, it's still a bit early to say. I know a few picks Yinzers were shouting about down the streets haven't panned out yet (as to be expected). Washington was supposed to wipe out Eric Green's record rookie season (Ummmm, that sure as sh-t didn't happen), Benton was gonna be the next Casey Hampton (not looking so) and Trice was going to be equal to Porter (injury ruined that possibility). Herbig has shown some good signs for the future. It does look like a solid draft, let's just hope the signs continue towards that. I still have no idea why Washington isn't used more.
Benton has been great. No one will be Hampton and he wasn't supposed to be. That type of player is apparently a dinosaur. Washington is a victim of poor coaching as is everyone on offense.

And soon no defensive player will… sacks are up, qbs are injured and scoring is down…

I said I had seen some whispers in the beginning of the season that the league was going to officially legalize a lot of offensive holding sooner or later… and this season makes me actually think that it might happen…

They don’t like bad offenses or injuries to big money qbs…

My guess would be that inside the pocket behind the los holding will be allowed.
Its better than flags, I guess, but not much…
I seriously doubt any of that is going to happen

I like that idea a lot, top & early picks, to solidify that OL. Until that trench is secure, you spend near everything on it.

The N FL is about offense and offense 1st. Defense is secondary in this leaguer,

Salute the nation
It’s about QBs, after that I’ll take defense and OL.