• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ben's Twilight Years

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe if I see or hear another Steelers fan misspell or mispronounce Bryant's name, I might scream. It's tough enough to take when fans of other teams do it.

Martavious, Martavious, Martavious!

come at me Mudafucka!

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Martavoos Bryant ;)

I remember back in high school when the Steelers made the XL run. One of my classmates couldn't say Joey Porter. He'd call him Jeremy Porter. How about what's his face on nfl network(He played for usc, linebacker for the cheats and browns) he can't pronounce Roethlisberger. I mean who dafuq is Ben Rosenburger?

I used to get a kick out of the one color announcer (black guy, can't remember his name) who referred to Ben as "Bin Rottlisberger."

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Relax, ......... HAVE a home brew. If that little factor upsets you, you must be a real upset person with all the rest going on in the world. Martavious isn't very commen and the key board strokes are close enough to miss hit and get it wrong. I look at it this way, if the author can get it (or any word for that matter) close enough to not have to think about it, then it's good. This is just a message board, not a JOB. So if you have time, have a HOME BREW and relax a little till the steaks are done enough.

Salute the nation

I said I might scream. You know, all facetious-like? Never heard that expression?

Like Burgundy said, his head coach can't even get it right, so why should anyone else?

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Martavious, Martavious, Martavious!

come at me Mudafucka!

Aaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ianv2012

Reaction score
The offense is stacked besides TE, but the defense is the key. If this defense can continue to grow off of last year there is no reason why it isn't possible. What makes our defense dangerous is that while they may give up yards, they stiffen in the RZ and create turnovers, and the turnovers are the most important. Yes they are a young defense that flies around wildly at times, but they create turnovers (something that wasn't happening in Lebeau's system the last few years), and the last thing you want to do is give our offense the ball back, especially when they are firing on all cylinders because they can't be stopped. The defense doesn't have to dominate just do equal or better than last year and we may be the best team in the league.

diver

Reaction score
My wife thought for a few years that Shane Victorino, while he was with the Phils, was Vic Torino.

diver

Reaction score
One more.

John Rowser was a CB for the Steelers in the early 70s. He went to high school with Frenchy Fuqua. In the book, "Three Bricks Shy of a Load," Fuqua says Rowser could never say his name and always called him Frenchy Fuckwa.

chipped ham

Reaction score
I used to get a kick out of the one color announcer (black guy, can't remember his name) who referred to Ben as "Bin Rottlisberger."

Solomon Wilcotts. He and Emitt Smith I think had the same English teacher.

USDA#1

Forefather
Reaction score
Solomon wasn't even in Emmit's league.

Emmit is in the Hall of Emmit, and there is only one Emmit.

diver

Reaction score
I liked Wilcotts, if for no other reason than it seemed like the Steelers won whenever he was announcing.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Yeah it was Solomon. The guy I was referring to is Willie Mcghinis(sp?)

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Solomon wasn't even in Emmit's league.

Emmit is in the Hall of Emmit, and there is only one Emmit.

What about the color announcer TE from Denver????????

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score