• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Best remaining WR options

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Doubs and Sutton may be options as well. We don't need another WR1 but we do need a legit option at WR2 that can pull in 50+ catches a season. They obviously still have no clue how to use Muuth, Washington or more quick dump offs to the RB's. Warren isn't the only RB that is legit out of the backfield. Najee is very good as he proved in his rookie season.

Renfrow is borderline retarded from all of those concussions. There is a reason why no one is touching him with a ten foot pole. That hit he took in Arizona wrecked him badly. He wasn't the same since.

Nice.. The Bills were looking for a big name Receiver, and the Browns were not gonna trade with us... takes a major thorn in our side off the chessboard this year and sets the Market.. if Cooper and a seventh got a third, and Adams got a conditional second/third, our fifth should get us a 2 wr upgrade... a conditional second/third should pry a star away if one comes open... basically we cant trade our 4th or 6th because of fields iirc... and i have no idea how to determine what picks we have besides our top 3 and 2 fifths because so many conditionals are in play this season🤦🏻‍♂️might have a 4 th, maybe a couple sixths, probably several sevenths...

Just overheard on tv that Williams from Jets is now available. Anyone interested in that?
Actually, I wouldn’t mind Williams. Might not happen this week, but, he could come at a reasonable trade and would compliment the receiver room. The guy is a footballer for sure.

what about Thielen?
He’s a more likely candidate. Cheap contract, cheaper trade price, and will be back after the next game. He actually has a cheap deal next year as well so if he plays well he could be around in 2025. Likely a conditional 7th round pick type deal to.

Hopkins is another option. The Titans probably lose the next two and I could see Hopkins value coming into our price range. He’s only a rental as his salary skyrockets next year.

Jags might be a place to look as well. I hear Christian Kirk talk but I would go after Gabe Davis personally. Only due 1.5m in 2025 so could be a couple year trade.

I wouldn’t touch Mike Williams with a 10’ pole. Dude couldn’t catch herpes in a ***** house.

Actually, I wouldn’t mind Williams. Might not happen this week, but, he could come at a reasonable trade and would compliment the receiver room. The guy is a footballer for sure.
Williams should be able to be had for a 6th or 7th rounder. He is now the Jets No. 4 or 5 WR and would still be at best a WR2/3 for the Steelers. The Jets might even just cut him.

Just overheard on tv that Williams from Jets is now available. Anyone interested in that?

YES, He is probably better than any WR on the roster not named Pickens. Definately an upgrade.

Salute the nation

Among the rummage bin findings: Cooper Kupp could be on the trading block. 31 though.

At one time, he was all the rage, I wonder what his current status is ? He has to be better than anyone on the roster not named Pickens. We don’t need another wishful thinking WR.

Salute the nation

Last edited by a moderator:
Williams has injury issues, doesnt he?

I'd hope we consider calling up the Chargers. They have a WR they're likely not going to resign after this season - Josh Palmer. He's a legit #2 with size. He's a FA after this season, too. Writing is on the wall for him, since the Chargers have Quentin Johnson and Ladd McConkey on rookie contracts. Palmer would likely be had for a 5th, since his stats don't garner much attention.