• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Best 4 Available Free Agent Wide Receiver Options To Replace Diontae Johnson

The wr pool is really deep... i definitely dont look at a first round wr... there is a misconception that you are going to get a less flawed wr in the first for some reason.. our past three first round wrs were Troy Edwards, Plaxico, and Santonio.. a bust, a dim bulb, and a character issue... take guys for the trenches in the first... or maybe a CB, there will be several good wrs available in the second and third rounds

It looks as though Tyler Boyd will be a Steeler. Boyd's decision was supposedly between the Chiefs and the Steelers. The Chiefs just signed "Hollywood" Brown. So, I would imagine that Khan should be announcing Boyd as a Steeler in the next 24 hours.

I easily would've made this move for Allen.

Thing is Allen wouldn't take a pay cut. So how hard is it to tweak his contract moving forward?

I think the 4th is easily a great deal for the Bears, they probably had the money for him as well.

The Steelers didn't have that much available money to take on his contract. Not that it is a great excuse they should have cleared up more availability money by now...

Boyd is a WR3. They still need to draft a WR2 early in the draft. We need a starter opposite GP and Boyd isn't it.

The wr pool is really deep... i definitely dont look at a first round wr... there is a misconception that you are going to get a less flawed wr in the first for some reason.. our past three first round wrs were Troy Edwards, Plaxico, and Santonio.. a bust, a dim bulb, and a character issue... take guys for the trenches in the first... or maybe a CB, there will be several good wrs available in the second and third rounds
Yea, but without that 3rd, pot smoking guy, we likely have one less Lombardi Trophy, so.....

I get your point though. I do NOT advocate taking a WR in the 1st, not this time. We need line help, on both sides.

If this was a shallow draft at wr, i think id be way more positive to a wr in the first, but i would rather get a top C, RT, Cb or DT first right now

If this was a shallow draft at wr, i think id be way more positive to a wr in the first, but i would rather get a top C, RT, Cb or DT first right now
Agreed, if they do not sign a veteran Center, that had better be the first round pick in the draft.

Boyd lined up with 2 stud WR getting all the coverage and still wasn't impressive. I don't understand why everyone keeps talking about this guy he's an average at best WR 3.

Higgins is better than Boyd but also inconsistent and likely benefitting from Chase getting the top coverage guys. Think AB and JuJu after AB left Juju was never the same.

Ridley has talent but the guy is a total liability. Had to leave the league to get his mental health in order. No thanks

Marquis Brown is Jekyll and Hyde, similar to Harris but at WR. Flashes greatness 20% of the time.

Pass

Better off rolling the dice in the draft.
Boyd isn’t flashy-he is a tough gritty receiver that is a good possession receiver/roleplayer. He would be a very good complimentary piece to this offense with Pickens and another player to be named later. He can still get separation and create space.

I can't see how Mike Williams is going to hold up to AFCN football.

One WR draft prospect I’m interested in is Malachi Corley from Western Kentucky. 5’11” 215lb RB build with great athleticism and tackle breaking ability - like Deebo Samuel. Level of competition concerns should be tempered by his 8 catches vs Ohio State and 12 catches vs Auburn. Could still be on the board with Steelers 2nd round pick.

Noo, Mike Williams disappoints every single year. Had him in fantasy football, 2 great games then disappears for 6. Please no. Thir WR draft is so stacked they should draft a few and see if 1 sticks, not chase a near 30 year old that was never great even as a #2 with a top 5 in the league QB. In San Diego he's had a top 10 RB and a top 10 #1 WR alongside him and he still couldn't consistently produce at a high level. Plus he's got a injured Knee.

NO to Boyd and NO to Williams. Come on Steelers, don't mess this up. You can find a stud or even 2 in the draft.

One WR draft prospect I’m interested in is Malachi Corley from Western Kentucky. 5’11” 215lb RB build with great athleticism and tackle breaking ability - like Deebo Samuel. Level of competition concerns should be tempered by his 8 catches vs Ohio State and 12 catches vs Auburn. Could still be on the board with Steelers 2nd round pick.
I also like that Kid... but i think he has been getting more press of late and has been climbing up boards...