• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Big Ben "great read"

I love how all of this is complete guess work, despite what Ben has said MULTIPLE times to the media. It's about his future with his kids, and CTE. Has absolutely nothing to do with other players or coaches. This is not coach speak, or just saying the right things, this is Ben speaking his mind, laying it all out there for anyone to see and understand. He has THREE young kids at home, and his wife is very concerned over his longterm health.

As said, Gilbert is a top 5 RT in the league, and his absence right now is very glaring, especially in the run game. Why would we be without both Pouncey AND DeCastro? DeCastro hasn't said anything about retiring, and he recently signed an extension that takes him to the 2021 season.

Brown is the best WR in the game, and while his connection with Ben will be missed, he isn't average without him. Comparing anyone's stats when Vick was QB is just retarded. Vick couldn't hit anyone at all. And Brown played pretty well with Landry at QB, and I've laid that out there several times in many different posts. Brown will always be able to get his catches.

Pittsburgh Dad is never fun to watch, but I'm probably in the minority on that one.

Sorry nothing you said matters if you don’t like Pittsburgh dad. You are dead to me. I just can’t...

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ben always loves drama, now with the retirement talk, he gets to be Pittsburgh's Farve. Will he or won't he this year? Will he declare retirement, only to come back again for one last encore? Ben loves this stuff. It will paint him as an underdog, or a scrappy old gunslinger, sauntering into town for one last epic gunfight. He relishes that role.

One thing is certain, if Pouncey leaves, the Steelers will make it a priority to heavily invest in a talented center. They always have, and they always will.

Ben will retire, imo. He's tired of the Players being just about themselves, not about the team win. all about the brand....

Just my opinion.

Again that falls on the players some but largely on the lackadazickle coaching attitude. I'm a TEAM 1st person and that may be a little old school but that is what wins championships......................show me a current "me 1st" SB champion.................................crickets

Salute the nation

It will cost him out of pocket money to retire before his contract is up. I still believe he will play it out. Unless of course, he get's another ring, then who knows.

Win a Super Bowl,..............................instant retire, can't blame him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salute the nation

At most... I always figured that Ben would retire at 38 -- he's not going to try to be Brady, Manning or Favre -- pushing it into his 40's.
If he is fortunate to win it all one more time, that will be his last game.

At most... I always figured that Ben would retire at 38 -- he's not going to try to be Brady, Manning or Favre -- pushing it into his 40's.
If he is fortunate to win it all one more time, that will be his last game.
I was thinking that too, but if we won and we have pretty much the entire team coming back, would he stay and go for #4?

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I was thinking that too, but if we won and we have pretty much the entire team coming back, would he stay and go for #4?

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I don't think so, he's not the same person he was when he won XL. I think his health and well being are much more important to him at this stage in life.