• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bill and Hillary Clinton To Attend Donald Trump's Inauguration

Spike

Reaction score
Washington (CNN)Former President Bill Clinton and 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton will attend President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration later this month, aides to both Clintons told CNN on Tuesday.

Former President George W. Bush and former first lady Laura Bush will also attend, the 43rd president's office said in a statement Tuesday.

"President and Mrs. George W. Bush will attend the 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony on January 20, 2017, at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.," the statement read. "They are pleased to be able to witness the peaceful transfer of power -- a hallmark of American democracy -- and swearing-in of President Trump and Vice President Pence."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/03/politics/george-w-bush-laura-bush-to-attend-trump-inauguration/

--------------------

I can hear the bitter clinger radical lefties calling them sellouts already

I’m glad Hillary is attending. The cameras will cover her scowling face as she’s sitting there thinking: “It should be me....it should be me....it should be me...”

I bet she will be heavily medicated

Wouldn't mind attending one of these ceremonies in my lifetime...

Bucket list item I guess...

DC is something all Americans should experience...
but I have to assume on January 20th every 4 or 8 years is one of the times to be there...

I hope she sobs uncontrollably.

....then makes a drunken lunge for the podium, shouting, “Mine! Mine!” as she is dragged away. Secret Service slaps the cuffs on her. Right on tee-vee

....then makes a drunken lunge for the podium, shouting, “Mine! Mine!” as she is dragged away. Secret Service slaps the cuffs on her. Right on tee-vee

AuW0fPR.gif

Maybe we will see some sort of Mariah Carey performance from Hillary.

I hope the Secret Service makes her go through a metal detector. Go all John Hinkley on Trump.

The clintons and trump were freinds for a long time... despite the spin from the left and right and all the rhetoric they do like each other

The clintons and trump were freinds for a long time... despite the spin from the left and right and all the rhetoric they do like each other

No, they despise each other. Trump only had them come to his wedding because he had the power to make them dance.

That's actually hilarious. Good grief her followers will have an epic meltdown....hahahaha. The snowflakes have provided me great entertainment this year I'm counting on more.

but I have to assume on January 20th every 4 or 8 years is one of the times to be there...

I live here (MD, just outside DC). You couldn't pay me to go down there. I loathe ever having to go into DC.

Can I ask why?

Traffic? Crowds?

A little bit of everything. Been there, done that - all of it...4th of July on the mall, the Smithsonians, the hotels, the restaurants. Don't need to see them any more.

Traffic. Nightmare. Just the area in general. Worst case scenario - two years ago I was in Herndon VA. 29 miles from my home. Because of the rich and famous, unlike Pittsburgh, they have prohibited necessary bridges being built across the river between VA and MD. There is just one, the American Legion bridge. So you have to travel from VA in towards DC to the god-awful Beltway. Then travel across the only bridge up into MD. Think of a V. From my house in MD to Herndon across the river is like 8 miles. I have to travel a V down and in, then back out again. Anyhow, this particular day I left meetings in Herndon at 3:40PM. I **** you not, I pulled into my driveway at 6:52PM. 3 hours and 12 minutes to go 29 miles. Anything I can do to avoid the beltway (which you have to traverse somehow to get into DC which has its own traffic nightmares) I will.

Traffic in DC is a mess too. Weirdly laid out city. Square grid, but with lots of diagonal streets (the State named streets - like Vermont or Connecticut Ave). Way, way too many one way streets. You can often find yourself a half block from your destination only to be a mile away because the way the one ways are set up, you have to back track and double back to get to your destination. Couple that with the tourists and blech.

Don't get me wrong, DC's a great city. If I were flying in or using the train or visiting and staying downtown and just touring, it's really cool. For those of us in the burbs, getting in and out of the city is hell.

I had to drive from Baltimore to Fredrickburg, VA once. Traffic was Horrible, and that just skirted D.C. When the kids are older we will do Smithsonian but I'm in no rush to visit that cesspool of corruption. Hopefully Trump will drain the swamp and clean it up between now and then.

Or Bill pulls a Kayne West... interrupts Trump grabs the mic and saying Hillary should have won the presidency.

2863171.jpg

A little bit of everything.

Traffic. Nightmare. Just the area in general. Worst case scenario - two years ago I was in Herndon VA. 29 miles from my home. Because of the rich and famous, unlike Pittsburgh, they have prohibited necessary bridges being built across the river between VA and MD. There is just one, the American Legion bridge. So you have to travel from VA in towards DC to the god-awful Beltway. Then travel across the only bridge up into MD. Think of a V. From my house in MD to Herndon across the river is like 8 miles. I have to travel a V down and in, then back out again. Anyhow, this particular day I left meetings in Herndon at 3:40PM. I **** you not, I pulled into my driveway at 6:52PM. 3 hours and 12 minutes to go 29 miles. Anything I can do to avoid the beltway (which you have to traverse somehow to get into DC which has its own traffic nightmares) I will.

Traffic in DC is a mess too. Weirdly laid out city. Square grid, but with lots of diagonal streets (the State named streets - like Vermont or Connecticut Ave). Way, way too many one way streets. You can often find yourself a half block from your destination only to be a mile away because the way the one ways are set up, you have to back track and double back to get to your destination. Couple that with the tourists and blech.

Don't get me wrong, DC's a great city. If I were flying in or using the train or visiting and staying downtown and just touring, it's really cool. For those of us in the burbs, getting in and out of the city is hell.

I lived in McLean VA for four years. My commutes weren't all that bad but the thing that set me off was the suburban congestion. I'd go to the grocery store after work to grab something for dinner and would spend 10 minutes waiting and looking for a parking space, like I was in Manhattan.

And car washes were few and far in between and when you found one, 30 minute wait or more.

There were also times I blew off meeting up with friends for no other reason than I didn't feel like driving around Adams Morgan or wherever for 30-45 minutes looking for parking.

I lived in McLean VA for four years. My commutes weren't all that bad but the thing that set me off was the suburban congestion. I'd go to the grocery store after work to grab something for dinner and would spend 10 minutes waiting and looking for a parking space, like I was in Manhattan.

And car washes were few and far in between and when you found one, 30 minute wait or more.

There were also times I blew off meeting up with friends for no other reason than I didn't feel like driving around Adams Morgan or wherever for 30-45 minutes looking for parking.

I lived in Rockville with my wife for 4 years. Just a smidge north of Bethesda. This suburban congestion was real. Saturdays drove me insane on Rockville Pike just going to get groceries and dry cleaning. It could take 2 hours, because of Saturday traffic and parking like you discuss, just to get simple errands run.

We moved a bit further north and it's been beautiful. But urban sprawl is coming to us.

Funny how you put the parking bit. I guess it's become so normal for me that I overlook it. You're correct, it's a way of life down here and yes one of the reasons I choose not to go to certain places because it's such a pain in the *** to park as well.

Tim and the other locals are right about the traffic hassles & confusing streets. However, DC has one of the best subway systems I've ever seen (Metro). Whenever I visit DC, I drive to the "park & ride" lot in Greenbelt MD and take the Metro into the city. If you buy an all day Metro pass, you can get anywhere, including the sightseeing attractions in places like Arlington VA. I highly suggest this method to avoid actually driving in the city.

Tim and the other locals are right about the traffic hassles & confusing streets. However, DC has one of the best subway systems I've ever seen (Metro). Whenever I visit DC, I drive to the "park & ride" lot in Greenbelt MD and take the Metro into the city. If you buy an all day Metro pass, you can get anywhere, including the sightseeing attractions in places like Arlington VA. I highly suggest this method to avoid actually driving in the city.

Man I wish I could agree with you, but Metro sucks ***. It's just not big enough with enough stops at enough convenient locations. Compared to the Tube in London, the subways in Chicago and New York, Metro fails miserably.

I can drive from my home and park in downtown DC in about 45 mins-hour with normal to moderate traffic. To do metro, I have to drive 15 minutes to the "end of the line" metro stop. Park. Walk in, get my ticket, wait. Then ride 48 minutes to get to Metro Center, and often have to switch trains. Emerge, walk to destination. Takes significantly longer than driving.

Example: I've gone to Wizards games at the Verizon center. Driving - 45 mins-1 hour. Metro: 1 Hour 25 minutes door to door.

If you live at a stop and work is at another stop, yes it's fine. But unlike say New York, where there's a subway station nearly every block of the city, Metro is missing hundreds of necessary stops it should have that simply do not exist.

It's a lot better than most cities but it can be time consuming with all of the stops and changing trains depending on your destination. I think they increased the hours since I lived there, but it also used to close relatively early, so if you were going out at night, you had to either go home early or pay for an expensive cab ride home.

Beats the hell out of Chicago's. I was staying in the suburbs and going into town on a Sunday. I just missed a train so I checked how long until the next one, expecting 20 minutes or whatever. TWO HOURS in between trains!

I lived in Rockville with my wife for 4 years. Just a smidge north of Bethesda. This suburban congestion was real. Saturdays drove me insane on Rockville Pike just going to get groceries and dry cleaning. It could take 2 hours, because of Saturday traffic and parking like you discuss, just to get simple errands run.

Until recently, I owned two franchises of a nationally known service-type company. Some of our largest franchises were in the D.C. suburbs areas. Home Office had gotten to where, especially in the recession, their attitude was "How come you slacker fucktards aren't growing at 15% a year like the people in VA and MD? They're doing such-and-such marketing or whatever." with no comprehension that the rest of the country doesn't have any money right now. There is never a recession in northern VA. Several years ago I went to a seminar for multiple franchise owners. One of the people there was a big hitter from MD, bud of mine, has a franchise in Rockville among others. He asks how far apart my offices are, I reply 30 miles, he says "My God! How long does it take you to get from one to the other?" I said "30 minutes, less if I use my radar detector." He was astounded. He said his two main offices were about 15 miles apart and it would routinely take him about 2 hours.

Last edited: