• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bill Maher's use of N-word on his show 'inexcusable,' HBO responds

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
.....by removing the offensive comment from subsequent airings of that show. LOL!!!

Strong stance there HBO. Does anyone here believe a conservative would survive this had they said what Maher said??? Uhhh, no, they would not.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/06/03/bill-maher-hbo-host-slammed-for-use-n-word.html

HBO responded Saturday to backlash after “Real Time” host Bill Maher used the N-word during his show, with the network calling his comment “inexcusable.”

Maher was having a back-and-forth with Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., when the senator invited the liberal talk-show host to visit his state.

“We’d love to have you work in the fields with us,” Sasse joked.

Maher responded, “Work in the fields? Senator, I’m a house [expletive].”

Some in the audience groaned and a few clapped. Maher appeared to quickly reassure the audience and said, “No, it’s a joke.”

“Bill Maher’s comment last night was completely inexcusable and tasteless," HBO officials told the Hollywood Reporter. “We are removing his deeply offensive comment from any subsequent airings of the show.”

The New York Times reported that the word was not cut out during HBO’s rebroadcast at midnight.

Sasse did not address the comment and the two moved on to another subject. Sasse faced some criticism on social media for not quickly condemning the host’s comments.

Deray Mckesson, an activist for Black Lives Matter, took to Twitter, saying, “But really, @BillMaher has got to go. There are no explanations that make this acceptable.”

Maher was criticized last month for comments he made about President Trump and his daughter Ivanka.

The host made his most recent controversial comments the same week Kathy Griffin faced fallout for a video showing her posing with a likeness of Trump’s severed head.

Griffin said the video was meant to be a pointed comeback to Trump's remark last summer that journalist Megyn Kelly had "blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of wherever."

Maher is a cash cow for HBO. Revenue trumps principles. What a dumbass thing to say. Thought he was smarter than that.

Maher is one of the reasons I've turned down free HBO. HBO is the devil.

He can do or say what he wants, the money made allows for that.

The liberals will try to eat one of their own?

Are they also going to remove it from all subsequent airing of Django Unchained? Or any other movie where the word is uttered in dialogue or in soundtrack lyrics?

Its not like he was addressing another human being with the word. It was a joke, and it was kind of funny.

Are they also going to remove it from all subsequent airing of Django Unchained? Or any other movie where the word is uttered in dialogue or in soundtrack lyrics?

Its not like he was addressing another human being with the word. It was a joke, and it was kind of funny.

Richard Pryor from back in '82 when I could throw a football a quarter mile. Audio NSFW NSFK.

Seems like the correct black people are more sensitive to white people "appropriating" their **** these days. Must be very confusing for these limousine liberals.

While all this is going on, you weidos, conservatives still do not give a **** what your skin color is.

.....by removing the offensive comment from subsequent airings of that show. LOL!!!

Strong stance there HBO. Does anyone here believe a conservative would survive this had they said what Maher said??? Uhhh, no, they would not.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/06/03/bill-maher-hbo-host-slammed-for-use-n-word.html

[FONT=&]HBO responded Saturday to backlash after “Real Time” host Bill Maher used the N-word during his show, with the network calling his comment “inexcusable.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Maher was having a back-and-forth with Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., when the senator invited the liberal talk-show host to visit his state.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]“We’d love to have you work in the fields with us,” Sasse joked.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Maher responded, “Work in the fields? Senator, I’m a house [expletive].”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Some in the audience groaned and a few clapped. Maher appeared to quickly reassure the audience and said, “No, it’s a joke.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]“Bill Maher’s comment last night was completely inexcusable and tasteless," HBO officials told the Hollywood Reporter. “We are removing his deeply offensive comment from any subsequent airings of the show.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The New York Times reported that the word was not cut out during HBO’s rebroadcast at midnight.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Sasse did not address the comment and the two moved on to another subject. Sasse faced some criticism on social media for not quickly condemning the host’s comments.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Deray Mckesson, an activist for Black Lives Matter, took to Twitter, saying, “But really, @BillMaher has got to go. There are no explanations that make this acceptable.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Maher was criticized last month for comments he made about President Trump and his daughter Ivanka.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The host made his most recent controversial comments the same week Kathy Griffin faced fallout for a video showing her posing with a likeness of Trump’s severed head.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Griffin said the video was meant to be a pointed comeback to Trump's remark last summer that journalist Megyn Kelly had "blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of wherever."[/FONT]

There is nothing wrong with what Maher said if you understand context, history and this society today.

In this case; yes some people are too sensitive to understand how language is used to implement change and attack the system whether in comedy, music ,whatever.

Case in point:

Enjoy the song as well and learn something CONservative knuckleheads/draggers.

I have come to the conclusion that comedians think that their art form is sacred, and should have no limitations put on it. After all, it is protected by the First Amendment. That is all well and good, but their art does come with consequences....just ask that red headed twit. But those consequences seem to be less for the liberal elites, who have a tendency to get a pass.

but wait....there's more

popcorn-time-boete-nederlander.jpg

Al Sharpton Wants The Head of Bill Maher For Saying The ‘N-word’

Sharpton does not mince words about what he wants to happen to Bill Maher. He ends his Huffington Post piece with, “Friends told me this morning that if you take this position, you may never be on Maher’s show again (and I have been on frequently).

My response is simply this: should Bill be on that show again?” In other words, Sharpton wants “Real Time” canceled and Maher to be fired.

http://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz-...ll-maher-for-saying-the-n-word-001750647.html

---------------------

woo-weeeeeee!

The lefties don''t know what hissy fit to spin over THIS one! - their mighty lib hero getting spanked and....... {crickets}

Adoring libs favorite mouthpiece getting blackballed!

hahahahah

Al Franken Cancels Bill Maher Appearance Amid Controversy

A spokesperson for Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) confirmed to HuffPost that the senator is canceling his appearance on the upcoming episode of “Real Time” in the wake of host Bill Maher’s use of a racial slur on-air.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b04e4b013c48169f65c?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

but wait....there's more

popcorn-time-boete-nederlander.jpg

Al Sharpton Wants The Head of Bill Maher For Saying The ‘N-word’

Sharpton does not mince words about what he wants to happen to Bill Maher. He ends his Huffington Post piece with, “Friends told me this morning that if you take this position, you may never be on Maher’s show again (and I have been on frequently).

My response is simply this: should Bill be on that show again?” In other words, Sharpton wants “Real Time” canceled and Maher to be fired.

http://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz-...ll-maher-for-saying-the-n-word-001750647.html

---------------------

woo-weeeeeee!

The lefties don''t know what hissy fit to spin over THIS one! - their mighty lib hero getting spanked and....... {crickets}

All the head hunting going on from the left, you'd think they work for ISIS...

Yep, liberals inexplicably believe that Al Sharpton matters or that his opinion is worth more than used kitty litter. As usual, liberals are wrong:

Well-known civil rights activist Al Sharpton has made headlines for years both for his politics as well as for the fact that he owes an estimated $3.7 million in back taxes to the Internal Revenue Service. While the IRS has placed a series of tax liens against Mr. Sharpton’s various businesses and other assets, they have so far not prosecuted him criminally. The IRS has prosecuted other celebrities for owing far less, however. Mr. Sharpton may also have his passport revoked if he continues to fail to take care of what he owes to the government.

http://newlifetaxresolutions.com/blog/2016/02/al-sharptons-tax-debt-tax-liens-levies-and-resolution/

The Tawana Brawley case that captivated New York in the late eighties is a shocking reminder of the toxic mix racial exploitation and personal ambition can produce. The New York Times and Retroreport.org have just released a new 15-minute documentary on the despicable hoax, which should be required viewing for the NBC News executives who are heavily invested in rehabilitating a key culprit of this loathsome episode: the Rev. Al Sharpton.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/al-sharptons-long-bill-of-goods-from-tawana-brawley-to-primetime

Here is that flaming piece of **** Sharpton blaming the police for the murder of 5 Dallas police officers:

[video]https://videos.files.wordpress.com/UzA3Chfm/al-sharpton-blames-police-for-dallas-attack_hd.mp4[/video]

Yep, tax chief, liar, scumbag, worthless bag of feces.

No wonder the libs love him.

Trump is my President - if you can't say the same - get the **** out, Canada is calling

Doesn't mean the disgusting pig doesn't affect other countries , name one thing he's done to better the States, and by the way I'll have opinions on anything I want, free speech have you heard of it...

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app