• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

#BlackLivesMatter Leader Robbed – Demands More Police Protection

Something that wasn't an epidemic and this is headed that way also. Perception is the same as reality in these situations. In reality these aren't problems on "scale." Perceived? Different story.

An arm of the government violates the protections of the natural rights of the citizens and then lobbies and goes to court to justify it. To me that is a BIG problem. If police did this in suburban white neighborhoods there are people on here that would advocate launching bullets at them.

Stop and Frisk.

Look it up.

There is also a YouTube video on how to deal with it.

Keep in mind there have been several court cases that have eroded the 4th Amendment and big city police agencies lobbied heavily for all of them. This is why I keep pounding the point home that this isn't a racist issue its a burgeoning tyranny issue.

Are there any statistics on this? or is this actually policy anywhere now?

An arm of the government violates the protections of the natural rights of the citizens and then lobbies and goes to court to justify it. To me that is a BIG problem. If police did this in suburban white neighborhoods there are people on here that would advocate launching bullets at them.

Why is this NOT happening in white suburbs DBS? Because there isn't rampant crime.
Why IS it happening in black neighborhoods? Because there is rampant crime.

Why are white people NOT profiled? Because they do not cause a disproportionate amount of crimes.
Why ARE black people profiled? Because they cause a disproportionate amount of crimes.

Do you want to just allow ever increasing crimes in black neighborhoods? Because that's what this is coming down to. If you want the streets patrolled, if you want to try to have human outreach and policing by the police in these neighborhoods, then they have to be there. And if they are there, they ARE going to profile because it is human nature and the community they are in have given them a "cook book recipe" of what to look for. And they will look for it. Or they could do what they did in Baltimore, and vacate those neighborhoods, sit back, watch the crime rates/murders soar over night (they will, as they did in Baltimore) and wait for the outcries for police protection.

I find this whole situation comical. They don't want police protection, but they do. ****** up.

Anytime the ACLU sues about anything, I see it as a part of the Liberal Left movement to "fundamentally change America." They are essentially the legal arm of the Left, and there's little debate about this (no, I'm not POOP). Is it a big deal when a case goes to SCOTUS? Yes, but much "less" a big deal when it's driven by the ACLU because it has "politics on behalf of fringe minority issues" written all over it - LGBT, atheists, denying free speech, illegal immigrant rights and the like.

https://www.thetrumpet.com/article/3690.2.0.0/society/the-aclus-liberal-bias (old but worth the read)

http://canadafreepress.com/article/liberal-hypocrisy-the-aclu-and-gun-owners-rights (this article is very good)

ACLU’s web site does not even mention the government's attempts to trample upon the Constitutional rights of America's gun owners?

While looking into liberal hypocrisy with respect to Second Amendment rights, it occurred to me that I had not heard anything at all from the American Civil Liberties Union pertaining to their stance on proposed gun control legislation. I decided to look over the national group’s web site: aclu.org. I was amazed at the number of activities by the organization pertaining to a wide variety of issues as gay & lesbian rights, the rights of prisoners (both in the US and on foreign soil), the rights of immigrants, racial justice, reproductive rights, and women’s rights, among others. But, surprisingly, nowhere on their site was I able to find a single word about the rights of gun owners.

Given that the media have been rife with stories about the Obama administration’s efforts to impinge upon the rights of gun owners, one would think that the ACLU’s web site would give the subject at least some sort of mention. However, on their web site’s page “This Week in Civil Liberties (1/11/2013)”, there is not a single word about guns, gun owners, or the Second Amendment.

There is one article on their web site commemorating the tenth anniversary of the prison camp at Guantanamo. Of course, when allegations surfaced in 2003 over prisoner abuse at the prison in Cuba, the ACLU was all over it. Apparently, the ACLU is more concerned with the rights of non-citizen potential terrorists being housed in a foreign country than they are about the Constitutional rights of law-abiding American citizens living within the borders of the United States.

We have seen the ACLU take legal action on behalf of atheists who find themselves offended by the display of religious symbols on public property (i.e., the Veterans’ Cross in the Mojave Desert). But is it not odd that the ACLU’s web site does not even mention the government’s attempts to trample upon the Constitutional rights of America’s gun owners? It seems that the organization likes to pick and choose issues that IT deems important, especially if these issues appeal to its liberal base. But, in the case of the Second Amendment, a blatant assault on the rights of firearms enthusiasts does not even merit cursory mention.

I e-mailed my home state’s (Florida) chapter and asked them to comment. I have furthermore encouraged all of my conservative friends, relatives, and business associates to do the same. The gun control issue is providing conservatives and gun owners the perfect opportunity to expose the ACLU for what it is – a group of left-wing hacks with little real interest in protecting the rights of ALL Americans.

In other words, liberal hypocrites.

The point? These issues of racial profiling and police brutality are government and media-driven issues they want to get people worked up about and they use the ACLU to drive the legal portion of the agenda. Are they real problems? Not on scale - they are uber-minor problems. Are they real political issues? Very real for one side of this country because they drive votes.

When the rights of ALL Americans are addressed with equal care, let me know.

Last edited:
Tim,

See the big picture. It sets a precedent. When they decide that high cap magazines are too dangerous you think the Maryland State Police won't cordon off sections of white neighborhoods and stop everybody looking for owners of "Assault Weapons" while they search house to house?

Tim,

See the big picture. It sets a precedent. When they decide that high cap magazines are too dangerous you think the Maryland State Police won't cordon off sections of white neighborhoods and stop everybody looking for owners of "Assault Weapons" while they search house to house?

The slippery slope argument can be applied to just about everything. Do I want the world to go where you fear it is going? Hell no. The difference is you think this is a problem on the rise. I do not. So the slippery slope argument isn't at play, in my opinion based upon my view of where things are. Should it escalate, I'll be right there with you saying we have a problem. We do not at this point in history have a problem with it. We may never. We may. Time will tell and we should address it when it is an actual problem.

Tim,

I know there is a problem because I have been watching it grow for years and you are wrong to believe that there are no issues, especially living in Maryland where there is already a hostile climate towards gun owners. I will not enjoy telling you SITYS when CW2 breaks out.