• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

BREAKING The Steelers Have Signed Safety Damontae Kazee

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Within hours of the NFL Draft ending the Pittsburgh Steelers have signed a veteran safety. No, it’s not Tyrann Mathieu, but instead it’s former Atlanta Falcons, and Dallas Cowboys’ safety Damontae Kazee.

It’s a one-year contract according to ESPN’s Jeremey Fowler who was on the news first.

STAY TUNED MORE COMING

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Good thing about Kazee is he can play the slot which gives us options! Great offseason by Colbert IMO and what a way to set us up for the future.

I think that ship sailed when they resigned the RT.
Agreed. Moore is our LT. He earned the spot with playing as well (not great but good enough) as he did as a rookie. He is also better than Chuks at RT and they gave Chuks a nice contract. Sure, they can get out of it with Chuks relatively easily but they obviously feel the T position is set. I'm not sure who our backup T is though so they could still look to bring in a FA backup - really anywhere across the OL and/or DL.

I am curious as to how much we signed him for. Edmunds came dirt cheap for a year. They signed Kazee for a year. Both aren't great like Minkah but both would be adequate partners to Minkah. We can't afford to have 2 great safeties. So, why not try to sign one of them to at least 2 years and preferably a 3-year deal? Seems like stability back there would make sense. Of course, Kazee and Edmunds may not have wanted to sign longer contracts but sweeten the pot a tad and maybe they would. Just spitballing here.

I am curious as to how much we signed him for. Edmunds came dirt cheap for a year. They signed Kazee for a year. Both aren't great like Minkah but both would be adequate partners to Minkah. We can't afford to have 2 great safeties. So, why not try to sign one of them to at least 2 years and preferably a 3-year deal? Seems like stability back there would make sense. Of course, Kazee and Edmunds may not have wanted to sign longer contracts but sweeten the pot a tad and maybe they would. Just spitballing here.
I am thinking they both wanted short contracts in hope to get a better offer next year. No matter now they can compete off each other-win.

I am thinking they both wanted short contracts in hope to get a better offer next year. No matter now they can compete off each other-win.
I think it's a very good move for the secondary - at least for one year. Then maybe they can draft a young S to play next to Minkah for the next 5 years.

Reactions: MTC
A solid depth signing. Hopefully either Kazee or Edmunds plays well enough to earn a 2-3 contract after the season.

We're going off the rails on a Kazee train.