• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Buy or Sell for the 2024 Season

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
you know what to do.............

1. Herbig outplays Highsmith and takes over the starting spot opposite Watt
2. Inside LBs stay healthy this year and the Steelers have one of the best run stuffing defenses in the league
3. CAIII finds his inner Tank Dell and has a breakout season allowing Pickens to flourish
4. The OL gels and Najee/Warren both break 1000 yards rushing
5. Watt breaks the NFL sack record
6. Tomlin extends his non-losing season streak and takes the team deep in the playoffs
7 Freiermuth leads all TE in receiving yards
8. Wilson revitalizes his career and Fields is used in a slash style role

1. Herbig outplays Highsmith and takes over the starting spot opposite Watt~Sell. Not sure they would replace him even if Herbig outplays him. But I would be happy if he spells both Watt and Highsmith more frequently.

2. Inside LBs stay healthy this year and the Steelers have one of the best run stuffing defenses in the league- Buy. They have the makings of being a special group. Health will dictate just how special with them and OLBers.

3. CAIII finds his inner Tank Dell and has a breakout season allowing Pickens to flourish - Sell. I think he will be slightly improved . Just not sold on his catch radius and a significant route running improvement. But I would be happy if he can double his production..

4. The OL gels and Najee/Warren both break 1000 yards rushing - sell. I think a lot of teams will load the box . They will be effective but teams will dare Wilson to pass….

5. Watt breaks the NFL sack record- Buy he has the skills he has the technology.

6. Tomlin extends his non-losing season streak and takes the team deep in the playoffs- I will split this and say buy and sell. As the only sell will be the deep into the playoffs scenario. But I think a playoff win is possible so there is that.

7 Freiermuth leads all TE in receiving yards. On the roster but off it hard sell. He has a lot to prove IMO…

8. Wilson revitalizes his career and Fields is used in a slash style role- Buy. I think he starts off a little slow and builds up speed as the season goes on. Leading the Steelers to a playoff victory. Fields looks good as slash and that is where he should pitch a tent.

Sell. I love Herbig but not sure he is in every down every game player.
2. Inside LBs stay healthy this year and the Steelers have one of the best run stuffing defenses in the league
Buy
3. CAIII finds his inner Tank Dell and has a breakout season allowing Pickens to flourish
Lukewarm buy
I think at least one of them has a big season. Hold
If healthy and we get leads big buy.
6. Tomlin extends his non-losing season streak and takes the team deep in the playoffs
Buy baby buy.
Sell.
It is what we have to bank on. Buy me the koolaid.

3. CAIII finds his inner Tank Dell and has a breakout season allowing Pickens to flourish - Sell. I think he will be slightly improved . Just not sold on his catch radius and a significant route running improvement. But I would be happy if he can double his production..

Was it the route running or the routes themselves?

Was it the route running or the routes themselves?

Good question. Perhaps some of both….

1. Herbig outplays Highsmith and takes over the starting spot opposite Watt - SELL - Herbig is developing into the better pure pass rusher, but Highsmith is very good defending the run and is still one of the best all-around OLBs in the league. He isn't always flashy so it's easy to forget or not notice how good he actually is.

2. Inside LBs stay healthy this year and the Steelers have one of the best run stuffing defenses in the league - SELL - The ILBs are going to be very good, however, Tomlin doesn't value stopping the run with the DL as he does having them generate pressure. Because of this, they will still be susceptible against the run.

3. CAIII finds his inner Tank Dell and has a breakout season allowing Pickens to flourish - SELL - I need to see a lot more from CAIII. I'd be happy if he can put up 40 receptions for 500+ yards and 3+ TDs.

4. The OL gels and Najee/Warren both break 1000 yards rushing - SELL - If the offense progresses how I think it will, Najee will get more carries this year with Warren settling into a supplemental role rather than truly splitting carries. Harris should be in for a huge season--the best of his career.

5. Watt breaks the NFL sack record - SELL - Even though he is capable (and should already have the record to himself), there are just too many variables and a little luck needed.

6. Tomlin extends his non-losing season streak and takes the team deep in the playoffs - BUY OR SELL - I just have a gut feeling this will either be the year they get 10+ wins and win a playoff game or fail spectacularly and end up with something like 6 wins.

7 Freiermuth leads all TE in receiving yards - SELL -That is a tall task with some of the incredible tight ends in the league. I do think Freiermuth will trend the direction he was early in his career where he had the look of a legit tier 2 TE or at worst, a high-end tier 3...which would be terrific for the offense and the team.

8. Wilson revitalizes his career and Fields is used in a slash style role - SELL - I think Wilson will be fine and not as bad as all the stories we hear from Denver. Fields may get some spot duty here and there, but at QB, not in a slash role. I know we keep hearing about these packages they may have for him, but if Russ is cooking, you don't take him out. I think once you have a QB1, you stick with and run the offense entirely through them.

Give me something I can feel confident in buying.

I'm buying 2 and 8. I could rent 3 and 5. Rest not a chance. Herbig might be better pass rush but Highsmith is a big yard to move dude. I could see Herbig getting 8 sacks though. Friermuth over Kelcee. Good ****** luck. Same with a deep playoff run. Logistically having 2 1000 yard guys and breaking sack record with Herbig flourishing will be tough

1. I think herbig will play well and Highsmith will become trade bait next year.
2. Sell - The ILBs will be good if not great, but we don't prioritize run stopping
3. Sell - Too many question marks on the offense to say a 3rd WR is going to break out
4. Sell - I see like 1700 yrds for them combined unless the line gels earlier than expected
5. Buy - As long as Watt stays healthy he has a good shot
6. Sell - Have not seen anything to think this team will be much different than last year. Plus a brutal end of year schedule will make it difficult.
7. Sell - Probably the least most likely on the list. We will be lucky if PF gets 3 catches / game
8. Sell - I can see Wilson playing well, but I don't see the Steelers using fields as a slash

1. Herbig outplays Highsmith and takes over the starting spot opposite Watt~Sell. Not sure they would replace him even if Herbig outplays him. But I would be happy if he spells both Watt and Highsmith more frequently.

2. Inside LBs stay healthy this year and the Steelers have one of the best run stuffing defenses in the league- Buy. They have the makings of being a special group. Health will dictate just how special with them and OLBers.

4. The OL gels and Najee/Warren both break 1000 yards rushing - sell. I think a lot of teams will load the box . They will be effective but teams will dare Wilson to pass….

5. Watt breaks the NFL sack record- Buy he has the skills he has the technology.

6. Tomlin extends his non-losing season streak and takes the team deep in the playoffs- I will split this and say buy and sell. As the only sell will be the deep into the playoffs scenario. But I think a playoff win is possible so there is that.

7 Freiermuth leads all TE in receiving yards. On the roster but off it hard sell. He has a lot to prove IMO…

8. Wilson revitalizes his career and Fields is used in a slash style role- Buy. I think he starts off a little slow and builds up speed as the season goes on. Leading the Steelers to a playoff victory. Fields looks good as slash and that is where he should pitch a tent.
I’ll buy them all.
Is there a money back guarantee?

Sell. Highsmith has more *** and experience holding the edge.

BUY - Best MLBs we have had in a long time. Even with an injury, P. Wilson will be there, maybe takes over.

3. CAIII finds his inner Tank Dell and has a breakout season allowing Pickens to flourish'
Sell - He hasnt shown me he can lead/ step up. I know the cat has talent.

BUY - Najee playing for contract. Warren becomes even more effective. Oline has the talent. Smith brings it together with his Offense.

SELL - Not sure he hasnt jumped the shark. I hope he does. Lots of weapons on the Defense to steal from him. OR they make him more effective lol.

PUSH - Hes proven me wrong too many times record wise. Too many un knowns.. late NOV / DEC schedule is going to likely kill this team.

BUY - This is his year. Washington might steal some TD's , But pat will get more yards. Wait ,, are you talking about in the league? no way.

BUY - why not. Ball control offense. O line needs to be stout though. Fields in a slash role would be killer.

Last edited:

1. Herbig outplays Highsmith and takes over the starting spot opposite Watt.BUY,but they're paying Highsmith too much to warm the bench healthy. Trade next year.
2. Inside LBs stay healthy this year and the Steelers have one of the best run stuffing defenses in the league. BUY!

3. CAIII finds his inner Tank Dell and has a breakout season allowing Pickens to flourish.  SELL
4. The OL gels and Najee/Warren both break 1000 yards rushing.BUY.

5. Watt breaks the NFL sack record.SELL. They're going to hold him a lot and not get called for it.

6. Tomlin extends his non-losing season streak and takes the team deep in the playoffs.SELL on deep playoffs.

7 Freiermuth leads all TE in receiving yards.SELL,but I wish.

8. Wilson revitalizes his career and Fields is used in a slash style role.SELL,but I wish. Fields has some wheels. I could see him as part of a three headed rushing monster.

Sell. Herbig may be good, maybe very good, but that's a tall order to take over.

Sell on both. Staying healthy and having a best run stuffing D.

Sell. CA has a lot to prove.

Sell. We're starting out with a key injury and the starting center is already down and out.

Sell. He may come close, though.

Sell on both. Losing season and no playoff berth.

Sell. There is no indication this team is ever going to make the TE a key receiving role.

Sell on both. Wilson may be better than he was in Denver but he's on the down side of his career. Fields may be a good running QB but a slash role also requires him to line up as a WR, something Kordell excelled at and something that we haven't seen.

1. buy him outplaying Highsmith, Sell him overtaking him as a starter... but I think they trade an olb next offseason to make room for him

2. Buy the first sell the second... we are due for a healthy year at ILB, but i never bought our runstopping woes didnt originate on how the dline scheme is rather than the ilbs

These dl guys rush the passer and dont keep the ilbs clean ... it isnt their fault

3. Sell. CA3 will be ok, but i dont think he gets off the line as clean as Dell does and wont be a star..

4. Sell.. the line will gel and be fine, but i dont see both backs topping 1000 rushing

5. Sell... its not a likely thing to hope for.. he could, but I wouldnt bet on it

6. Buy... i mean I think we actually win a playoff game.. is that "deep"?

7. Sell.. too many teams focus on Tes for friermuth to have a realistic chance of leading the league... top 5 maybe if we are lucky

8. Buy.. Wilson has a nice season and Fields gets some short yardage snaps

Last edited:
2. Buy the they still believe that freaking red meat does it absolutely no proof that you know that like where designed to eat meat we're supposed to eat preserve might be wrong I'm OK I'm exhausted I'm so tired play some games and fall asleep corn corn corn boil first, sell the second... we are due for a healthy year at ILB, but i never bought our runstopping woes didnt originate on how the dline scheme is rather than the ilbs.
What the hell is happening.?

Take some aspirin under your tongue or something and call an ambulance.

What the hell is happening.?

Take some aspirin under your tongue or something and call an ambulance.

🤣If you ever want proof your phone is listening to you.. mine just inserted all that from my friends conversation... and I have all voice options turned off...

Lots of folks have talked about trading highsmith, this year or next. Not sure on that. This year it would have come with 22 million in dead $, trading next year won't be much different. This is per x post from site not to be linked. It's due to signing bonus and restructure.

I suspect Tomlin will be slow to demote Highsmith as long as he is also playing well. Sell.
Buy
Buy
Sell. I swear that there is a conspiracy in the NFL that no matter how well you’re running the ball, you must eventually go away from it. I’ve seen it many times, sometimes working in the Steelers favor (Minnesota games a couple years ago).
Sell. I think they spell him often and he sees less playing time in favor of keeping him healthy.
6. Tomlin extends his non-losing season streak and takes the team deep in the playoffs.
Gotta sell, hate it but I refuse to get my hopes up.
On the team (buy) or NFL (sell)?
Buy.

Sell, unless in jury occurs. Herbig will be used in much more than last year, to the point of inside hybrid type OLB. All three will see the field in more of those type sets than as in past.

BUY, it would take an unbelievable repeat for last year’s anomaly to happen again. YES, top 5 run stuff.

Break even / sell, there is ONLY one Tank Dell. Two man enter, one man leave. CA3 will be a great 3rd option factor, but not Dell prime effective.

Sell, one back will get the 1000 yards and his name is Najee Harris, Warren will come up just a little short, but don’t take anything away from him as he is that change up needed.

BUY, ……….. TJ Watt will get DPOY.!!!

Buy, but understand that deep into the playoffs for us means winning a first round PO game, after that…….. it’s Magic

BUY,….. if referring to all TEs on the team. Not so much if you are talking league wide. Top 8

BUY………. Wilson will not repeat his prime years, biut that isn’t whats’ needed. He just needs to be a little above average and patient. As for Fields, it would be a waste of talent if he isn’t used in some capacity. Slash type role or a series or two mid game, either way his play making ability is something that can’t be ignored by leaving him on the bench.

Coolie, great post and I share the optimism involved.

I wish the “bold & Font” options worked or were available. Expand the quote to see my answers

Salute the nation

Lots of folks have talked about trading highsmith, this year or next. Not sure on that. This year it would have come with 22 million in dead $, trading next year won't be much different. This is per x post from site not to be linked. It's due to signing bonus and restructure.
A.) IIRC there is a way to circumvent that with a player returning a signing bonus thats almost never done... its not much different than recouping cap space when a player retires early or goes to jail and the team recovers the signing bonus, just more amicable.. its just the player needs to be on board and there are other obstacles i dont remember now.. the Steelers probably wouldnt do it anyway...

B. 22 million isnt an insurmountable cap number right now... the steelers have virtually no dead cap over the next five years... teams are cutting guys with three or four times that hit these days.. look at Russell Wilson.. they ate 80 some million on that roster move...

If they got the right piece back, it could totally be worth it