• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Buyer's Remorse: The Dems Want Biden To Announce Now That He Won't Run in 2024

suncitysteel

Soli Deo Gloria
Forefather
Reaction score
An opinion piece in Newsweek:

President Biden: I'm Begging You—Don't Run in 2024. Our Country Needs You to Stand Down
ALLAN KATZ , FORMER AMBASSADOR TO PORTUGAL, FOUNDER OF AMERICAN PUBLIC SQUARE
ON 6/29/22 AT 6:02 PM EDT

Recent explosive testimony from the January 6 Committee hearings has proven even further what we all already know: Donald Trump must not become president, ever again.

Which means that President Joe Biden must not run again in 2024.

Even as the country navigates the January 6 hearings, the aftermath of the mass shootings in Buffalo and Uvalde, and a wave of controversial Supreme Court decisions including the overturning of Roe v. Wade, the basic political environment for the Democratic Party appears largely unchanged. The party seems to be careening toward a disaster in the midterms.

There is one figure in American politics who I think could shift this dynamic: President Biden. He won't do this with more speeches or press conferences or barnstorming the country. President Biden can only save the Democrats—and by extension, the country—by promising that this is his final act. That is, he should announce immediately that he will not seek reelection in 2024. By doing so, I think Biden could change the political environment almost overnight.

Announcing that he won't be running accomplishes two goals. It releases candidates from the anchor he represents, tying them to a deeply unpopular president. And it allows Biden to legitimately point out that since he isn't seeking another term, decisions he makes going forward will in no way be driven by political gain.

Moreover, Democrats would gain a much-needed energy boost: They can begin to look forward to a robust campaign to find a suitable nominee for 2024, while relishing the Republicans' self-destruction when they inevitably nominate Trump.

I know the current thinking in Biden-land is that he will run again and is the only one who can beat Trump. But the fallacy of that thinking is painfully obvious. The opposite is the case: Biden will almost certainly lose to Trump.

He will after all be 82 years old, and his age is showing. And every opinion poll shows that he is and in all likelihood will remain much less popular than he was in 2020.

The President's team has an unfortunate penchant for insular Washington-based thinking, and it's undermined whatever goodwill was created by defeating Trump. Their political mishandling of multiple issues has been both shocking and, perhaps more importantly, deeply corrosive of the trust any government needs.

Of course, they are all creatures of Washington. That stood President Biden in good stead for dealing with the Ukraine crisis, but everything else seems out of sync and getting worse. Having to navigate a Republican Congress while seeking re-election will not be pretty.

All that can change if President Biden announces that he is not running. His recognition that America needs a new generation of leaders will resonate with younger voters and give the Democrats a chance to have a nomination contest that is worthwhile. Even that simple recognition will go a long way toward giving people a new reason to consider putting a bit more of their trust in government again. So will Biden's newfound capacity to speak and act as he sees fit, political consequences be damned.

Some in Washington may think that if Biden makes such an announcement, he will immediately be downgraded to "lame duck." But in fact he would be liberated and enjoy at least a momentary surge in popularity and political capital from both his party's base and the larger electorate.

The alternative is far less appealing.

President Biden has an opportunity to pass the torch, not only to a candidate but to a generation. He can move us past the horror of another Trump-Biden race which he could lose. He shouldn't want his legacy to be that his own unwillingness to let go allowed a second Trump Presidency—or worse.

President Biden: For the sake of our party and our country, please don't run again. The time to announce that is now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Smart strategy for the Dems? Wishful thinking on the part of a few progressives? Or just plain buyer's remorse? I will say this in reference to the bolded part... you would've thought their TDS would have lessened by now. They sure are obsessed with the dude.

Smart strategy for the Dems? Wishful thinking on the part of a few progressives? Or just plain buyer's remorse? I will say this in reference to the bolded part... you would've thought their TDS would have lessened by now. They sure are obsessed with the dude.
Probably a little of each. I don't know that the Dims ever have buyer's remorse, they just think that they haven't done enough of it yet, or that you just don't understand what's good for you. It's only the Lib pundits that are worried, the Dims in DC think everything is great.
I'm hearing that some folks are trying to gauge Hildebeast's interest. That's how bad the Dims' bench is.

The truth is Xiden is just a figurehead, and the executive branch is being run by a cabal of the radical left wing of the Democrat party. This is just an attempt to run cover for that.

No way will the communists leave any door open. It's a sign of weakness. If they put a plan in place to have Biden step down, who would be the replacement? Harris isn't liked, even by her own staff. Nobody on Bidens staff likes her. She proves to be an idiot at every public speaking event. Hillary is not likeable either. If she decides to run all other communists will stay quiet. They are afraid of Hillary ( with good reason).

The communists are in a quagmire with no clear strong, effective candidates to run. The only way to win is to " count votes" ( as Biden has mentioned many times).

Oh, then there is Michelle Obama. If Hillary allows, Obama will run. She already has major backing by big media. The youth are already brainwashed into thinking she is qualified. They are brainwashed to like her. It's very scary to think that could be president. And what a joy that would be for the Chinese communist party.

Oh, then there is Michelle Obama. If Hillary allows, Obama will run. She already has major backing by big media. The youth are already brainwashed into thinking she is qualified. They are brainwashed to like her. It's very scary to think that could be president. And what a joy that would be for the Chinese communist party.
Who is really qualified to be President? Aside from being at least 35, natural born citizen and have lived in the US for 14 years, what qualification is there? It’s not really a high bar.

As much as I can’t stand her, she is as qualified as anyone else. Not like the best among us are getting nominated for public office.

I suppose the lowest of the low is yet to come.

I doubt Joe would actually live through another term. His cookie is crumbling quick.

The leading candidates for president...Hillary, Mike Obama, AOC, Stacy Abraham's, pocahontas, and Kamala on the very back of the pack.

As listed, evil, hateful marxist,really dumb, dumb marxist,dumb fraud, dumb ***** who ****** her way up and everyone hates her.

I can't believe this is our national conversation. We're screwed as a nation.

Not like the best among us are getting nominated for public office.
The best among us has the sense to stay out of it. Rest assured that whoever is chosen to run for the Dems, they will have the full support of the complicit media.

On a side note, for those that haven't had their primaries yet, have you noticed all the negative ads airing about the sane Republican candidates? They're sponsored by groups that I've never heard of but suspect its Dim money paying for them in an attempt (in their opinion) to get the best match up in the general election.

The best among us has the sense to stay out of it. Rest assured that whoever is chosen to run for the Dems, they will have the full support of the complicit media.

On a side note, for those that haven't had their primaries yet, have you noticed all the negative ads airing about the sane Republican candidates? They're sponsored by groups that I've never heard of but suspect its Dim money paying for them in an attempt (in their opinion) to get the best match up in the general election.
During the PA primary there were a lot of ads run against Dr. Oz for being pro-choice.
This morning I see TV commercials against him for being "against a woman's right to choose".

During the PA primary there were a lot of ads run against Dr. Oz for being pro-choice.
This morning I see TV commercials against him for being "against a woman's right to choose".
The “truth” is whatever strategists and the complicit media want it to be. Both sides are guilty during campaigns.

The Dems have already written off Biden in 2024 in private. Look for them to blame all their problems on him, while taking the target off those who plan to run for president. The trouble is every Democrat and most governors openly supported him. I don't know where they are going to find a candidate. We have a good one already in Desantis.

They floated Buttigig as a contender. But he has failed as transportation secretary. I suppose the media can spin that into a positive somehow, as only the magic of Disney can do.

The Dems have already written off Biden in 2024 in private. Look for them to blame all their problems on him, while taking the target off those who plan to run for president. The trouble is every Democrat and most governors openly supported him. I don't know where they are going to find a candidate. We have a good one already in Desantis.
Its more likely that the newly minted governor of Virginia runs… he could leave the governorship in his extremely capable lt governor hands and she’d win re-election easily..

He is probably more suited to pull a good amount of mods in while still uniting the hardcore conservative base, much as he did in Virginia

He is probably more suited to pull a good amount of mods in while still uniting the hardcore conservative base, much as he did in Virginia

Speaking of moderates, The Dems would be wise to nominate a moderate of their own, say like Manchin, Sinema or Tulsi Gabbard, assuming any one of those would want to run. They could pull votes from purple states, the undecideds, former blue dogs (a dying breed), and RINOs/Never Trumpers on the right.. But that would leave the extremist commies in that party to have a meltdown of epic proportions - the likes which we have not yet seen - if a hard leftist/progressive isn't the nominee.

More articles being written about Democrats wanting Biden not run. More articles about the laptop probe. I can see the FBI throw some charges ar Hunter. Joe pardons him, and pardons himself as he " steps down". This way Kamala has 1.5 years or so to show off her leadership skill, campaign as only the communists know how to guide, and have plenty of time to find a VP ( Markle, Obama, Klobuchar, Val Demmings or Stacey Abrams).

They can run who ever they want, they are getting whipped next election.
I dunno, even Biden is out there quoting Stalin saying it matters who counts the votes.