• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

CA taxing American citizens to cover health care for illegals

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
California is a ****** up state. They passed a budget that includes healthcare coverage "low income" illegal aliens between the ages of 19-25. More evidence that democrats are not interested in serving the citizens of this nation. They will gladly take money from those citizens to pay for their bullshit. Is there any issue that the Democrats proposed that doesn't require more theft by taxes? I can't think of any right off the top of my head. I can't imagine why anyone would want to live in that shithole.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-democrats-full-health-benefits-illegal-immigrants-trump

The majority of the people of CA voted for it.

Doesn't make me feel any better about it. I just think it is wrong. Not only are they willfully allowing people to break immigration laws, but they are also rewarding them for it. SMDH.

California is headed towards a financial collapse.

It has no working middle class than can afford to stay there. It has become a 2-tier economy - $250k+ families and the poor. If you are not in either of those groups, you are screwed. Anyone in the middle can't afford any necessities - housing, food, gas, etc. Everything is taxed to death.

Social workers in unions are going to bankrupt the state asking for "living wages" because they can't afford what the state has become. Private sector middle class jobs are leaving in droves.

I think it's a train wreck waiting to happen. All signs are pointing to a collapse and bankruptcy and inability to sustain a functional government. And God knows when that happens the federal government (i.e. the rest of the country) will have to absorb some or their debt and bail them out.

Hope I'm wrong, but they've become so left-wing that its headed the same way major cities do when they are controlled for generations of democrats.

bailing out CA will be like putting a circular band-aid on an axe wound.
may as well sell it back the messicans

California is in dire financial peril. As del accurately noted, the state's profligate taxation and spending have made the state's budget completely unsustainable. California now owes an astounding $1 trillion in unfunded pension obligations to the very well-paid public employees.

https://www.pensiontracker.org/

The state is treading water, and kept afloat at least temporarily by the massive taxes paid by Silicon Valley companies and employees.

The tech sector has an outsized influence on California’s tax volatility. According to the legislative analyst, the nine counties that make up the San Francisco Bay Area contribute 40 percent of personal income taxes but are home to only 20 percent of the state’s population.

https://calmatters.org/articles/the-open-secret-about-california-taxes/

Dc8YE9gUwAI7Usp.jpg

If Silicon Valley companies get tired of paying confiscatory tax rates - as all companies eventually do - and start leaving the state for more tax-friendly environs such as Nevada, Arizona, etc., then California is in deep, deep, DEEP ****. And no surprise here - California is one of the worst states in the Union relative to "fiscal condition," i.e., tax revenues, unfunded debt, volatility of tax revenues, etc.

norcross-fiscal-rankings-map-mercatus-v1_copy_0.png

The "bottom 10" on that list:

41. New York
42. California
43. West Virginia
44. Maryland
45. New Mexico
46. Kentucky
47. Massachusetts
48. Connecticut
49. New Jersey
50. Illinois

The "top 10" in these rankings, i.e., the best states in terms of fiscal health and responsibility:

10. Nevada
9. North Carolina
8. Colorado
7. Idaho
6. Wyoming
5. Oklahoma
4. Florida
3. Tennessee
2. South Dakota
1. Nebraska

Hmmm ... interesting. The liberal tax-and-spend states (California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Connecticut) are licking a dog's butthole, while the traditionally Republican states (North Carolina, Idaho, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Florida, Tennessee, South Dakota, Nebraska) are the best states in terms of fiscal health.

Interesting. Wonder if there is something to be learned here? Naaaah, the tax-and-spenders have all the answers.

So when illegals in other states go to the emergency room and don't pay their bill, who do you think pays? Either taxpayers pay or insurance premiums rise.
California actually seems to be taking a responsible approach.

So when illegals in other states go to the emergency room and don't pay their bill, who do you think pays? Either taxpayers pay or insurance premiums rise.

No the responsible approach would be to stop going bankrupt and stop having sanctuary cities. But I guess over a trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities is a good thing for someone of your intelligence.

So when illegals in other states go to the emergency room and don't pay their bill, who do you think pays?

Number of illegals with medical insurance? Zero. Number of illegals who receive medical care - emergency room care, pre-natal care, childhood care, etc.? All of them. Cost? Approximately $4 billion - with a "b" - dollars per year for healthcare, NOT counting "anchor babies," since they are citizens, not illegals.

https://nationaleconomicseditorial.com/2017/02/21/costs-illegal-immigration-california/

So realistically, double that number to include the cost of healthcare for children of illegals. California is spending about $8 billion per year on medical care for illegals and their children, or about $1,000 for a family of four.

And you think illegal immigration is a good thing. Sure you do - because you don't live in California, Arizona, Texas, or New Mexico. The cost of illegals - a total of $31 billion per year in California, or about $3,800 in taxes for a family of four - is crushing the state's budget. But liberals love the illegals.

Right, by inviting in the very people costing the state $31 billion per year with "sanctuary" bullshit and refusal to implement measures to dissuade illegals from entering the country, by paying for Spanish language instruction in the schools, by feeding, clothing and housing illegals at the expense of the taxpaying citizens, by protecting illegals, by allowing illegals driver's licenses and by force of reason voter registration. That approach, you mean?

It's been a while since you've done a drive-by.

And Sarge, I enjoy the contents of your posts but I'm having a hard time taking my eyes away from the new avatar.

Rush had a good suggestion today. Trump should start going to California regularly to highlight the homeless, drug and garbage problems as what happens to society when Democrats are in charge unopposed. He said a Presidential debate should be scheduled there too. Dims can't defend what they've done to that state and it would be an effective attack tool for Trump. The dims and Fake News would be out of their skulls! (we'll they are now, but it would be hilarious) Do it! Show the bums passed out on sidewalks, show the rats, show the human waste, show the trash. Right in Nervous Nancy's back yard.

Trump should start going to California regularly to highlight the homeless, drug and garbage problems as what happens to society when Democrats are in charge unopposed

What a great strategy that would be. Nothing better than a good visual to punctuate a point.

rawImage.jpg
th
th
th

Even better would be to tour all the great Democrat cities and pick venues right in the heart of their achievements....LOL

th
th
th

What a great idea.

Chip: I was still in LA when the homeless population exploded following the passage of Proposition 47. Prop 47 redefined a lot of felonies into misdemeanors, and allowed prisoners to petition for release. The petition process included no right by the prosecutor to have the criminal evaluated for mental competence or safety. The proposition resulted in tens of thousands of prisoners - many (most?) with drug addiction and mental illness - to be poured onto California streets.

The homeless prison population - unskilled, drug-dependent, many with mental illnesses - started taking over large portions of downtown Los Angeles in early 2015. A main north/south thoroughfare called Beaudry Ave. is now home to dozens, perhaps hundreds, of homeless living in tents and cardboard boxes covered with plastic tarps. Skid Row, the area around 3rd St. to the south and 7th St. to the north, bordered east/west by Main on the east and Alameda on the west, is simply inundated with the homeless, by the thousands. The stories of what the criminal, drug-addled, mentally-challenged homeless have done to the area are numerous. I have posted some in the past couple of years.

So the San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley (to the northwest and north), Glendale, Burbank, and South Bay (Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Torrance, Westchester, El Segundo) remain attractive communities with single-family residences, well-kept lawns, and good public parks. History shows, however, that eventually, the city will move the homeless to these areas to try and alleviate the problem.

Los Angeles County is hell-bent on self-destruction. The very poor, untrained, unskilled are increasing dramatically as a percentage of the population. The tax base is moving away. We need but look at the inspiring models of Detroit, Newark, and Baltimore to see where this winds up.

But no worries. The entrepid mayor, Eric Garcetti, is full-steam ahead on ... fixing global warming. So I'm sure he has brilliant plans on getting criminals with drug problems and mental illness off the streets.

Chip: I was still in LA when the homeless population exploded following the passage of Proposition 47. Prop 47 redefined a lot of felonies into misdemeanors, and allowed prisoners to petition for release. The petition process included no right by the prosecutor to have the criminal evaluated for mental competence or safety. The proposition resulted in tens of thousands of prisoners - many (most?) with drug addiction and mental illness - to be poured onto California streets.

The homeless prison population - unskilled, drug-dependent, many with mental illnesses - started taking over large portions of downtown Los Angeles in early 2015. A main north/south thoroughfare called Beaudry Ave. is now home to dozens, perhaps hundreds, of homeless living in tents and cardboard boxes covered with plastic tarps. Skid Row, the area around 3rd St. to the south and 7th St. to the north, bordered east/west by Main on the east and Alameda on the west, is simply inundated with the homeless, by the thousands. The stories of what the criminal, drug-addled, mentally-challenged homeless have done to the area are numerous. I have posted some in the past couple of years.

So the San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley (to the northwest and north), Glendale, Burbank, and South Bay (Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Torrance, Westchester, El Segundo) remain attractive communities with single-family residences, well-kept lawns, and good public parks. History shows, however, that eventually, the city will move the homeless to these areas to try and alleviate the problem.

Los Angeles County is hell-bent on self-destruction. The very poor, untrained, unskilled are increasing dramatically as a percentage of the population. The tax base is moving away. We need but look at the inspiring models of Detroit, Newark, and Baltimore to see where this winds up.

But no worries. The entrepid mayor, Eric Garcetti, is full-steam ahead on ... fixing global warming. So I'm sure he has brilliant plans on getting criminals with drug problems and mental illness off the streets.

ST, you have just described a 3am nightmare.

What a great strategy that would be. Nothing better than a good visual to punctuate a point.

rawImage.jpg
th
th
th

Even better would be to tour all the great Democrat cities and pick venues right in the heart of their achievements....LOL

th
th
th

What a great idea.

what you seem to miss is that these Urban Dwellers are bucking the system of income inequality while pursuing their version of The American Dream. By rejecting the traditional norm of living in peer-approved housing and gentrification, these heroes are drawing attention to the plight of the common man trying to make ends meet. While you see blight and despair (as well as disease and famine), others see the curtain being pulled back on global warming, white privilege and the results of a male-dominated workforce. These are not the heroes we need, but these are the heroes we deserve from Democratic platforms. We need more heroes, not more complainers.

what you seem to miss is that these Urban Dwellers are bucking the system of income inequality while pursuing their version of The American Dream. By rejecting the traditional norm of living in peer-approved housing and gentrification, these heroes are drawing attention to the plight of the common man trying to make ends meet. While you see blight and despair (as well as disease and famine), others see the curtain being pulled back on global warming, white privilege and the results of a male-dominated workforce. These are not the heroes we need, but these are the heroes we deserve from Democratic platforms. We need more heroes, not more complainers.

My bad

It's always California

California School Has ‘Condom Race’ Where 10-Year-Old Girls Learn How to Put On Condoms

Outrage is growing in California against newly approved sex education materials in public schools. Concerns center around changes approved by the California Board of Education in May. The programs are supposed to comply with the 2015 California Healthy Youth Act, “which mandates the teaching of ‘medically accurate’ and ‘age appropriate’ comprehensive sex education at least once in middle school and once in high school,” according to the report.

She said one school had 10- and 11-year-old girls participate in a “condom race” in which they ran, in front of male classmates, to be the first to put a condom on a model of an erect adult male penis.

condom-race-california-schools.jpg

http://us24news.com/california-scho...0-year-old-girls-learn-how-to-put-on-condoms/