• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Calexit: Group has 180 days to collect signatures for secession

Spike

Reaction score
Calexit: Group has 180 days to collect signatures for secession

California has granted a pro-secession group 180 days to gather enough signatures to get their Calexit initiative on the ballot. From the Hill:

The California secretary of state’s office announced that the group could begin collecting signatures on Thursday.

The group needs 585,407 signatures from registered voters over the next 180 days to qualify for the ballot.

The mechanism here is not very straightforward. If the Yes California Independence Campaign can gather the needed signatures in time, that would put an initiative on the ballot next year. That initiative, if passed, would change portions of the California constitution and set up a California nationhood election in 2019.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/01/...180-days-to-collect-signatures-for-secession/

map.jpg

Well that will certainly change the dimensions of the wall. And California should have to pay for the extra wall that now has to be build when they secede.

What currency would they collect? Would the US federalize the national guard as well as the state and local law enforcement? Would anyone traveling outside of the seceded California and into the US be considered an illegal alien?

This could be fun.

Wait until they can't get their water from the Colorado River.....

And they need a passport to gamble in Vegas....

And all that federal money goes away.

I would donate to help this to happen.

If California secedes from the Union, Democrats will never win another election. They can't make up those 55 electoral votes.

I would LOVE to see this happen. Their economy will implode. They are nearly bankrupt as is. Go for it Californians!!!!!!!!!

If California secedes from the Union, Democrats will never win another election. They can't make up those 55 electoral votes.

I would LOVE to see this happen. Their economy will implode. They are nearly bankrupt as is. Go for it Californians!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. No way the Democrats will have the votes, electoral or popular after that. I can't believe they don't see how stupid that idea is.

I am willing to sign it, send it.

Northern californians should start a petition to split into their own state, the 51st state. But then we'd have to make puerto rico a state too so we don't mess up the bye weeks.

it will never happen but if it did how long would it be before they begged to come back? and the nfl would be in 2 different countries so maybe no more London games

California, especially southern, is definitely it's own little utopia of leftist media moguls, actors, etc and then of course poverty-stricken barrios, ghettos and mixed use slums. Who wouldn't want to live there? I don't know if California will ever awake from its commie slumber.

Goodell would get 3 NFL teams in a foreign country in one fell swoop. Pellet would have to leave...I'm signing this thing

Wait until the cartels decide to take over

It doesn't matter. They're going to break off and fall into the Pacific anyway.