• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Californians want to secede from the Union

Been a few years since I was there but it seemed to me like the national identity of most of the people there was Mexican not American.

LA County - true.

The massive farm belt in the middle of the state - not even close.

The northern most part of the state (with the lumber industry) - not even close.

California is a lot more like Pennsylvania than you think. I have spent my entire adult life in California, but travel to Pennsylvania pretty regularly.

You know how Philly is a Democrat machine and has most of the population, but the massive acreage covered in beautiful forests and featuring hunters and farms is the opposite? That describes California quite a bit, except that instead of just Philly, we have a MASSIVE city in the south, plus San Francisco in the north.

But this idea that California is some liberal asylum is bullshit. California has the greatest farmland on the planet, some of the best farmers the world has ever seen, dairy farms, beautiful mountains and ski slopes, hunters, campers, outdoorsman, etc.

The fact that millions live in an urban environment does not discount that fact, any more than Philly residents mean the tens or hundreds of thousands in Central and Western Pennsylvania don't exist, or don't hunt and enjoy the outdoors.