• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Can anyone in the Democrat party do basic math?

If businesses have to pay workers more they have to charge more for their products.
tell us more. can you splain how this effects the cost of everything else?

Inflation is mainly coming from the severe labor shortage. If businesses have to pay workers more they have to charge more for their products. Fixing the immigration system would go a long way toward taming inflation. I'm againt illegal immigration but the dirty little secret is without it we'd have a more severe labor shortage and much higher inflation. GDP is down because many businesses can't find workers for growth.
There are two types of inflation (says the guy with the economics degree).
Demand-pull inflation, where demand increases faster than supply. The labor shortage would be an example of this.
Cost-push inflation, where prices increase because of increases in the cost of the inputs to produce goods and services. The increase in prices of stuff on store shelves would be an example since fuel costs doubled and pretty much everything gets to the stores on trucks.
At the moment in my expert opinion, we have both.
I get that Flog and 21 are too dumb to grasp this, Democrats good Republicans bad, but I thought I'd put it out there.

Ron, those both assume monetary policy is stable.....and its not.

Steeltime correctly pointed out that simply printing money creates asset inflation...if real estate values were adjusted for M1/M6 increases, people would feel much, much poorer.

There is an old axiom that says the path to hell is paved with good intentions. My path to moderate politics came from overexposure to religious idealism… i am usually pretty good at bilateral observation, so it was easy to see why those ideals came into play, and those people were almost all great individuals with really good intentions, but them trying to impose their beliefs on others did lead to poor political paths…

That is where the far left has gone. They are currently religious fanatics who simply cannot admit they are in a religion of secular beliefs… they see their ideals as absolute truths and you can hear it in their talking points.

That has lead to a divorce of critical thinking among them. The political leaders can now basically say anything and they will parrot it.

Democratic policies, from inflated wages, to energy policy, to foreign policy, are all extremely prone to inflation… the dem political leaders, especially leftists, see inflation as a way to break the system and bring about the great equal society they dream of.. the great reset they speak of… now the reality won’t match that.. like taxing The rich to fix tgeir woes, it’s a pipe dream… the super rich are inflation proof invested. This will all just destroy the middle class and deepen the divide between haves and have nots.

Just listen to their thought on minimum wage to understand how poorly they understand big picture thinking or long term risk….

There are two types of inflation (says the guy with the economics degree).
Demand-pull inflation, where demand increases faster than supply. The labor shortage would be an example of this.
Cost-push inflation, where prices increase because of increases in the cost of the inputs to produce goods and services. The increase in prices of stuff on store shelves would be an example since fuel costs doubled and pretty much everything gets to the stores on trucks.
At the moment in my expert opinion, we have both.
I get that Flog and 21 are too dumb to grasp this, Democrats good Republicans bad, but I thought I'd put it out there.
"Stop being raysiss!!!"
/ @Ron Burgundy

Steeltime correctly pointed out that simply printing money creates asset inflation...if real estate values were adjusted for M1/M6 increases, people would feel much, much poorer.
That is true also. Money has supply and demand curves like anything else. If you increase the supply of anything, the price goes down. In this case if you increase the supply of money, it’s value goes down and each dollar is worth less (two words). Of course if you go too far then each dollar is worthless (one word) and you get Venezuela. Liberals refuse to understand this and believe that if people don’t have enough money then you just print more and hand it out.

I’m Italian. Quit being rayciss. I’m triggered now and need to go lay down.
just don't lay down at work.
we may never hear from you again.

wait ... do lay down at work

Yeah trippling the money supply by creating money out of thin air devalues the currency and causes inflation as well.

"Stop being raysiss!!!"
/ @Ron Burgundy
Apparently my yard is racist.

New York Times: Lawns Are Symbols of Racism and Bad for Global Warming​

While most Americans are spending time this summer enjoying the sun in the comfort of their houses’ yards, the New York Times is out with a new exposé on how lawn care is problematic, once viewed through the lens of social justice.

Lawns are contributing to pollution and climate change, asserts narrator David Botti, and their origins are far from woke, in a seven-minute video on the history of American lawns.

Botti says lawns are part of the “colonizing of America,” which transformed the landscape from “pristine wilderness” to “identical rows of manicured nature.”

“These lawns come on the backs of slaves,” he continues, zooming in on a painting of George Washington in a field to highlight men cutting the grass with scythes. “It’s grueling, endless work.”

“By the 1870s we also see American culture slowly start to embrace lawns for the privileged masses,” he states.

The video explains that the perfect lawn is associated with being a model citizen, how the first sprinkler was invented in 1871, and about the advent of “so-called trade cards” that “advertised the hell out of lawn and garden products.”

The Times also refers to the work of historian Ted Steinberg, who calls lawns the “outdoor expression of ’50s conformism.”

To drive home the point, he inserts vintage footage of two women being interviewed in their yards talking about how they moved to their communities to live exclusively near other white people. Neither of them says anything about desiring, having, or maintaining a lawn.

The Times refers readers to two books: Steinberg’s American Green: The Obsessive Quest for the Perfect Lawn and The Lawn: A History of an American Obsession, by Virginia Scott Jenkins.

Jenkins’ book concludes that lawns in America are status symbols, and their popularity grew due to promotion by the garden and golf industries and the federal government’s United States Department of Agriculture.

She also said that lawns “are a symbol of man’s control of, or superiority, over his environment.”

Both Steinberg and Jenkins make the case that lawns are harming the environment.

“Steinberg makes a convincing case that ‘turf hysteria” and the “giant chemical orgy’ of modern lawn care have led to water pollution and the shunning of native plants,” one review of his book says.

The Times links to a 2005 report from NASA that said there are more lawns in the United States than irrigated cornfields and attempting to quantify how much water is used keeping lawns alive in many areas of the country.

The article also includes the Times’ vintage reporting on President Theodore Roosevelt mowing his lawn in 1914.

“Col. Roosevelt refused to discuss politics today,” the article on the Times front page said and is shown in the video. “He got in a lot of good, vigorous exercise. For three hours he pushed a lawnmower out on the lawns at Sagamore Hill. And the exercise did not seem to tire him at all.”

The article and video make it clear how lawns — and the Times’ reporting — have changed over the course of history.

While most Americans are spending time this summer enjoying the sun in the comfort of their houses’ yards, the New York Times is out with a new exposé on how lawn care is problematic, once viewed through the lens of social justice.

Lawns are contributing to pollution and climate change, asserts narrator David Botti, and their origins are far from woke, in a seven-minute video on the history of American lawns.

Botti says lawns are part of the “colonizing of America,” which transformed the landscape from “pristine wilderness” to “identical rows of manicured nature.”

“These lawns come on the backs of slaves,” he continues, zooming in on a painting of George Washington in a field to highlight men cutting the grass with scythes. “It’s grueling, endless work.”

“By the 1870s we also see American culture slowly start to embrace lawns for the privileged masses,” he states.

The video explains that the perfect lawn is associated with being a model citizen, how the first sprinkler was invented in 1871, and about the advent of “so-called trade cards” that “advertised the hell out of lawn and garden products.”

The Times also refers to the work of historian Ted Steinberg, who calls lawns the “outdoor expression of ’50s conformism.”

To drive home the point, he inserts vintage footage of two women being interviewed in their yards talking about how they moved to their communities to live exclusively near other white people. Neither of them says anything about desiring, having, or maintaining a lawn.

The Times refers readers to two books: Steinberg’s American Green: The Obsessive Quest for the Perfect Lawn and The Lawn: A History of an American Obsession, by Virginia Scott Jenkins.

Jenkins’ book concludes that lawns in America are status symbols, and their popularity grew due to promotion by the garden and golf industries and the federal government’s United States Department of Agriculture.

She also said that lawns “are a symbol of man’s control of, or superiority, over his environment.”

Both Steinberg and Jenkins make the case that lawns are harming the environment.

“Steinberg makes a convincing case that ‘turf hysteria” and the “giant chemical orgy’ of modern lawn care have led to water pollution and the shunning of native plants,” one review of his book says.

The Times links to a 2005 report from NASA that said there are more lawns in the United States than irrigated cornfields and attempting to quantify how much water is used keeping lawns alive in many areas of the country.

The article also includes the Times’ vintage reporting on President Theodore Roosevelt mowing his lawn in 1914.

“Col. Roosevelt refused to discuss politics today,” the article on the Times front page said and is shown in the video. “He got in a lot of good, vigorous exercise. For three hours he pushed a lawnmower out on the lawns at Sagamore Hill. And the exercise did not seem to tire him at all.”

The article and video make it clear how lawns — and the Times’ reporting — have changed over the course of history.
Jane, you ignorant slut!

First of all, it takes landscapers to maintain those lawns, and who are those landscapers you ask? Why they're the hard-working first-generation Americans, here only to make a better life for themselves.

And controlling my lawns environment also reduces the risk that my house doesn't burn down.

Your yard is most definitely raycis.

Democrats are what they are.
They like to make simple stuff complex. Every thing in their way of life has to have some type of purpose or meaning.
A Democrat's two biggest fears are:
1. Somewhere someone is making money.
2. Somewhere someone is having fun.

I don’t know about the racist part, seem like BS. The environmental part is pretty real disregarding global warming even. Lawns can take ridiculous incessant, amounts of water versus planting perennials that are good native and better for native bees and other species. After establishment they take little to no water and look far better than many lawns. I want to buy some property and be able to return a good portion native prairie plants for wildlife. I will only have minimal lawn for recreation and the dogs.

Isn't that up there near the Schlossen Cut Off?
Dunno. When I went to Italy we didn't go that far north. One of my distant cousins lives in a suburb of Milan called Pavia which is where Covid started in Europe. His English is about as good as my Italian and we've talked on the phone.