• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

CBS Sports Suggests What Steelers Deal for Aaron Rodgers Would Look Like

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Tomorrow is apparently the day that Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is going to make his decision. Obviously that decision is whether he stays in Green Bay or heads to another team via trade. Now news broke LATE Friday night that the Pittsburgh Steelers were among two other outside teams with deals on the table to the Packers for Rodgers. The others included Denver, and Tennessee.

Now CBS Sports is suggesting (not claiming) that the offer on the table from the Steelers for Rodgers would be the following:

Packers Receive:
2022 1st Round Selection, 2023 1st Round Selection. 2023 3rd Round Selection, 2024 Conditional 1st Round Selection.

Steelers Receive:
QB Aaron Rodgers

CBS Sports says a potential offer from the Pittsburgh Steelers for Aaron Rodgers would be:

2022 first-round pick (No. 20), 2023 first-round pick & third-round pick, 2024 conditional first-round pick

Would you want them to make that deal?

— The Fan Morning Show (@FanMorningShow) March 7, 2022

That’s a lot considering the Steelers would also be giving Rodgers a new contract to complete the trade. Rodgers reportedly wants 50 million dollars, and it’s being reported that the Packers are ready to offer him that to keep him in town. But it all comes down to what Rodgers wants to do, and he’s a wild card. You never know what he’s thinking, or why he’s going to do something.

For this type of deal to be successful the Steelers would have to win a Super Bowl, if not multiple Super Bowl’s. Trading away three first round picks for a player has the potential to be devastating for a franchise..if you don’t win. The Steelers would need to restructure the contracts of TJ Watt, and Cameron Heyward to maximize their cap room for 2022, and they’d need to go out and spend it immediately on a variety of pieces. A wide receiver, two offensive lineman, and a few pieces on the Defensive side.

It seems foolish to even believe this would be something the Steelers would do, but with Kevin Colbert stepping down at General Manager, he surely wants to put the team in the best position to win a Super Bowl. Rodgers would certainly boost those odds. And draft picks are expendable, just ask the Super Bowl Champion Los Angeles Rams, right?

Now if you think this is all complete bullshit, we have a story for you. Check that out here.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

This or anything even remotely like this (even giving up 1 1st rounder) is just beyond stupid for this team at this time. We need ALL of our top picks and our cap space to fill as many holes as we can this year especially and probably next year as well but trading away a pick next year or preferably the year after would be much easier to do than this year. Bringing in a top QB with little team around him (especially an O-line and D-line) makes absolutely no sense. Build those up first.

Agreed Maowv. Too old, one hit away from being out of the league, and too much draft capital. I'd consider those picks for Murray or Wilson. Heck I would have for Watkins also before his problems.

They don’t make that move. Mortgage the future on a 2 or 3 year window to compete…on a team that still has many holes?? My opinion…bring in a serviceable vet, if QB is the target in the draft (I’m grabbing the rail on the Malik bandwagon), …let him sit and learn for a year or two.

If they try to pick up one of the big name FAs, appears to me Tomlin is looking to cement his legacy before retiring...not so much about the future.

Id offer a hard second… one season of 39 year old rodgers isn’t worth more, mvp last year or not… unless he is bringing DA on a sweetheart deal with him lol

If Watson didn’t have the sexual assault claims on him, id do that deal in a hearbeat… id do a 1st, future 2nd and current third so for a mid thirties wilson…

Also the insane vaule on these guys is exactly why its never a bad idea to gamble a mid rounder on a developmental guy even if you have a set starter… if they pan out you can get serious assets back for them…

It has been said many many times but

I hate the off season.

These guys have to have something to write about. Even if it is bullshit

We don't have to worry because it isn't going to happen, but it is fun to talk about. Any player who would get that return in a trade better be in the prime of their career.

Stranger things could happen and I' not totally ruling it out fro the PITTSBURGH front office & coaching culture.

That being said it would be totally devastating if that actually happened, 2-1st round draft picks & a conditional 3rd-1st round draft pick with some inbetween ones as well. ADD in the reworked contract we'd have to offer and ................ well we are into no supporting cast with a washed up Gazzillion year old QB.

If this is the price then we'd have to absolutely nuts and more worried about our non-losing seasons than actually winning.

Salute the nation