• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Charlotte II -- HUGE RIOT - 1 Shot down, so far!

I just don't ******* get this. I just saw one of the protesters interviewed on the news. He says they want peace. How the **** do they want peace if they are gonna blow **** up and loot a whole god damn city.

He actually said PIECE, as in PIECE OF THE ACTION. That's why they got on the buses and come to town. Only 93 looting days left til Christmas!

don't wanna lose those headlines

Atlanta Protests Planned in Reaction to Charlotte, Tulsa Shootings

The Georgia NAACP and Black Lives Matter Atlanta groups have planned protests for Friday and Saturday.

According to the Georgia NAACP twitter page, a protest will be held at 6 p.m. Friday on Ivan Allen Blvd.

Saturday, the BLM Greater Atlanta group will hold two protest at Lenox MARTA train station and Peachtree station. They are asking protesters to come out from 2 p.m. to midnight wearing all black.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/33166513...nned-in-reaction-to-charlotte-tulsa-shootings

If this whole issue started with "Bad Policing" (regardless of race) instead of immediately playing the race card and yelling "Black Lives Matter" and using misinformation (hands up don't shoot) and rioting instead of protests, maybe conservatives like myself would listen.

But do not believe bad policing (and I fully admit it happens, just not nearly as much as the leftist media and propaganda machine want you to believe) is based on race. Bad policing happens to everyone but most often to those that don't defer to the authority police are entitled to. As everyone here has stated over and over and over.... if you act like a punk to the cops (and that's regardless of color), if you present yourself with bad first impression signals (including the way you dress, act and talk), if you con't IMMEDIATELY and coherently obey police instructions, bad things could happen.

And what I am finding out more and more is that bad things actually happen a VERY small percentage of times (if you take into account the shear number of interactions police have with citizens around the country on a daily basis).

If you want better police? Have you children become policemen.

The rhetoric police are biased and inherently evil and corrupt is a very, very dangerous message because it opens a pandora's box of distrust to a profession that NEEDS trust in order to do it's job.

There is malpractice in the medical profession in this country (like every country). It is rare and for the most part physicians really do have your best interest at heart. But imagine if we continually promoted and gratuitously showed (in full blood) cases of medical malpractice. The message would be doctors aren't trustworthy or corrupt and people would stop going to doctors and society would actually decline.

Look... we can agree on some things. Police unions against the taxpayer dollar (which I think should be illegal) creates a protective barrier at getting bad cops off the street (just like the Teachers Union creates barriers at getting bad teachers out of schools). Maybe we can start there. Maybe internal affairs needs to be revamped in bigger police departments. Maybe we need FEWER local police departments in general (where power to a very few can corrupt more easily).

But these solutions have NOTHING to do with race. Nor is any solution going to be tied to specific preferences based on race as "reparations" for past inequality. That is NOT the way to make things better.

To me, I think Police corruption and malpractice is actually pretty low on the list of important issues for this country right now. I'm more worried about our economy, immigration, education, over-regulation, tax reform, government spending, public unions, etc.

For the most part (except where BLM has gone crazy), the last 20 years have seen a good decline in crime. I think the country is doing better on punishments. I think some of the really messed up social policies of the 1960's and 1970's are finally being corrected. I think there ARE opportunities for inner city youth to get out of the cycle of poverty, IF and only IF they follow the three keys of getting out: 1) don't commit crimes 2) get a high school diploma and 3) don't have children out of wedlock or to a single parent household. I don't think it's ever been easier for minority and poor inner-city youth to do those three things (and no one can convince me otherwise). Crime is down. Schools are better and more accessible. Contraception is readily available and cheap.

Let's start there and see what happens....

But bring up the "black" card over and over and over.... and I am not surprised at the backlash and defensiveness from mainstream America (mostly white) to your so-called grievances.

don't wanna lose those headlines

Atlanta Protests Planned in Reaction to Charlotte, Tulsa Shootings

The Georgia NAACP and Black Lives Matter Atlanta groups have planned protests for Friday and Saturday.

According to the Georgia NAACP twitter page, a protest will be held at 6 p.m. Friday on Ivan Allen Blvd.

Saturday, the BLM Greater Atlanta group will hold two protest at Lenox MARTA train station and Peachtree station. They are asking protesters to come out from 2 p.m. to midnight wearing all black.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/33166513...nned-in-reaction-to-charlotte-tulsa-shootings
Of course. Charlotte can't have all the fun.

I think there ARE opportunities for inner city youth to get out of the cycle of poverty, IF and only IF they follow the three keys of getting out: 1) don't commit crimes 2) get a high school diploma and 3) don't have children out of wedlock or to a single parent household. I don't think it's ever been easier for minority and poor inner-city youth to do those three things (and no one can convince me otherwise). Crime is down. Schools are better and more accessible. Contraception is readily available and cheap.

Ben Shapiro says hi. But yeah, I totally agree with this and it's 100 percent true and the kicker is it's all individual choice. People choose to commit crime, choose to quit school and choose to have kids before they are prepared. I'm losing my patience to help those who continue to scream at the people who help them the most. It's getting to that tipping point.

Black cop shot a black perp who wouldn't drop his weapon. Black chief of police. Black President sending DOJ, headed by black AG, to investigate. Tell me again how this has anything to do with white people?

Don't forget the guy that got shot in the riots

Black man shot by another black man during a protest of shooting of a black man by a black cop.

My white privilege says I don't understand either