• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chico-- understood but need a FU

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
FU to George Pickens. Trade this guy next year for as much as you can get for him.

Go back and watch him on the INT( I know Which one. he was involved in both.) He literally jogged the opposite way after the pic. what BS

FU to George Pickens. Trade this guy next year for as much as you can get for him.

Go back and watch him on the INT( I know Which one. he was involved in both.) He literally jogged the opposite way after the pic. what BS
MT

I saw it......but the reality of that is that Pickens has no fear of the Head Coach disciplining him and benching him. That's a BIG FU to Mike Tomlin. It's all gotta start with the Head Coach. These kids these days are completely different and more sensitive than when I was a kid. Somehow you've got to earn their repect but honestly I don't know how you do that with today's kids. Maybe you need to be younger than someone my age 56 or Mike Tomlin's age 52. Maybe his time has come? BTW how do you get kids these days to respect you and work and put forth the effort you need from them?

Also the first TD drive on first and goal. Warren scores easily on that pitch left if Pickens even attempts a block. He's pathetic and disgusting.

BTW how do you get kids these days to respect you and work and put forth the effort you need from them?
At one time not long ago, respect had to be earned and that's no longer the case, since todays youth have been given trophies since kindergarten for doing literally nothing.
Disagree if you want, but that's my take and I don't know how that trend can be reversed.

The organization is living in the past, the culture is broken, the players although there is enough talent to win appear to be in it for themselves now.
Poor decisions have been made with coordinators and position coaches for years now with too much emphasis being placed on friendships rather than qualifications and younger guys with innovative and new ideas.
Tomlin has had entirely too much power and decision making in these decisions to go along with player personnel as well.
Seventeen years and he has yet to build a championship caliber team.
All he did was inherit one but couldn’t keep it going and in 2023 this is where we find ourselves.
His teams rarely ever look prepared and ready to play. They appear to not always be in focus and are not tough mentally.
I think there is talent on both sides of the ball but the coaching, preparation, focus, readiness is not there.
Adjustments don’t seem to occur when they are needed. The offensive scheme is the absolute worst I’ve ever seen.
Receivers rarely gain much separation, formations and plays are antiquated, schemes are poor and predictability is too often.
QB under center often means it’s a direct handoff to Najee. Where the hell is the playaction.
The coaching staff needs gutted from top to bottom.

At one time not long ago, respect had to be earned and that's no longer the case, since todays youth have been given trophies since kindergarten for doing literally nothing.
Disagree if you want, but that's my take and I don't know how that trend can be reversed.
Agree 100%.
When we played football, baseball, etc. you got a trophy IF and only IF you won the championship. Period.
Second place got us nothing but a we’ll get em next year boys. We survived and it taught us to fight harder.

The organization is living in the past, the culture is broken, the players although there is enough talent to win appear to be in it for themselves now.
Poor decisions have been made with coordinators and position coaches for years now with too much emphasis being placed on friendships rather than qualifications and younger guys with innovative and new ideas.
Tomlin has had entirely too much power and decision making in these decisions to go along with player personnel as well.
Seventeen years and he has yet to build a championship caliber team.
All he did was inherit one but couldn’t keep it going and in 2023 this is where we find ourselves.
His teams rarely ever look prepared and ready to play. They appear to not always be in focus and are not tough mentally.
I think there is talent on both sides of the ball but the coaching, preparation, focus, readiness is not there.
Adjustments don’t seem to occur when they are needed. The offensive scheme is the absolute worst I’ve ever seen.
Receivers rarely gain much separation, formations and plays are antiquated, schemes are poor and predictability is too often.
QB under center often means it’s a direct handoff to Najee. Where the hell is the playaction.
The coaching staff needs gutted from top to bottom.
He had a championship caliber team 2015-2019. but could not coach it to happen

so proud of my kid a few years ago when her team finished 4th and was basically handed a participation trophy. she refused to accept.

I saw it......but the reality of that is that Pickens has no fear of the Head Coach disciplining him and benching him. That's a BIG FU to Mike Tomlin. It's all gotta start with the Head Coach. These kids these days are completely different and more sensitive than when I was a kid. Somehow you've got to earn their repect but honestly I don't know how you do that with today's kids. Maybe you need to be younger than someone my age 56 or Mike Tomlin's age 52. Maybe his time has come? BTW how do you get kids these days to respect you and work and put forth the effort you need from them?
I just think most people do not want to work. I am a supervisor at work and try to lead more by example. I am out there almost everyday scrubbing toilets or whatever with my staff. My staff appreciates it, but some just do not have the work ethic. It was getting bad pre covid, but covid seemed to really ruin peoples ambition to work. You set up 4-5 interviews / week and lucky if 1/10 even show up. I think the best way to get people to respect you is to listen to them and incorporate their input. I do not think the coaches / players are on the same page or even the same book right now

Pickens is the perfect example of million dollar talent and 10 cent brain.
There are players that I would be shopping this off season and George unfortunately is one of them.

It’s a different generation that has passed us by. Football is not untouched by it as well.

These guys can get away by doing the bare minimum and still making millions. The only threat is they’re going to be out of the league with the diva antics.

I just think most people do not want to work. I am a supervisor at work and try to lead more by example. I am out there almost everyday scrubbing toilets or whatever with my staff. My staff appreciates it, but some just do not have the work ethic. It was getting bad pre covid, but covid seemed to really ruin peoples ambition to work. You set up 4-5 interviews / week and lucky if 1/10 even show up. I think the best way to get people to respect you is to listen to them and incorporate their input. I do not think the coaches / players are on the same page or even the same book right now
We really comparing someone who’s going to/is making millions vs someone making min wage?

The only way for a football coach to get respect from players is to have answers that help them look good and win. Tomlin has none so Pickens does not respect him. At that point its removal.

I disagree on the talent level.

We know you do. Doesn't mean it's an even remotely accurate view.

Ben, Bell, Brown, Pouncey and Decastro were all among the best in the league at their positions. Probably the best offensive teams the Steelers have had since the 1970s.

Defensively, the front seven was fairly solid. The secondary was generally bad during that time, but who deserved a lot of the blame for that?

Coaches have won Superbowls with less. Injuries played a role, but most of them came at the end of the season when the Steelers were having to fight for playoff position instead of resting their stars because they lost games they should have easily won earlier in the year.

There are more legitimate ways of defending Tomlin's time as Steelers coach than suggesting the team did not underachieve big-time during the "Killer B" era.

That's ball washing of epic proportions.

Quit giving out stupid trophies?