• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chris Morgan Taking Over as Offensive Line Coach for Remainder of Season

I think there are some keepers imo. I think that Big Dot and Dan Moore can be made into very good starters IF they are developed properly. Trai Turner need to be cut. Kendrick Green is not strong enough or big enough to be a legit center in the NFL and anchor an OL. I do think if he can get stronger and use his athleticism he could be a serviceable backup guard but that is his ceiling. Chucks needs to find his life's work. John LeGlue I like but lets be serious here, his potential is backup guard, strictly depth like Green. The football team needs to find a legit center either in the top two rounds of the draft or free agency and a RT and RG in the same manner.

Everyone willing to pile on Dotson for not taking a leap in year two completely ignore the fact he's got a rookie on both sides of him. Hard to show improvement with that...

Everyone willing to pile on Dotson for not taking a leap in year two completely ignore the fact he's got a rookie on both sides of him. Hard to show improvement with that...
Dotson was criticized for his offseason program and basically had to win his job in training camp. Dotson has done nothing in his career to avoid criticism.

LOL, this is the worst line we've had in over a decade. Who gives a **** who's coaching them at this point? The best OL coach in football can't fix those bums this season.

Agree 100%

Way too much blame is being aimed at coaching.

Read a gameday thread and you'll read all about our O line sucking...they're either "getting blown up" or "manhandled".
"Naj has nowhere to run behind this group".

Then there's the singling out of O line players who they feel shouldn't be on this team.

Then there's a ton of talk about how we failed to address the O line in the draft.

Now it's all about the coaching? I don't get it.

Agree 100%

Way too much blame is being aimed at coaching.

Read a gameday thread and you'll read all about our O line sucking...they're either "getting blown up" or "manhandled".
"Naj has nowhere to run behind this group".

Then there's the singling out of O line players who they feel shouldn't be on this team.

Then there's a ton of talk about how we failed to address the O line in the draft.

Now it's all about the coaching? I don't get it.
Colbert and Tomlin assembled this line during the offseason. The coaching staff started two rookies right from the start. The coaching staff didn't bench the rookies for ineffective play. The coaching staff did not develop the rookies and they're arguably playing worse now than the start of the season. The coaching staff designs an offense each week that schematically doesn't make sense. This offense hasn't scored a touchdown in five weeks, something the Steelers haven't done for 60 years and there have been plenty of bad rosters during that time. The offensive line stinks, but the coaching staff deserves every bit of criticism they are receiving right now and should not be left off the hook at all.

Colbert and Tomlin assembled this line during the offseason. The coaching staff started two rookies right from the start. The coaching staff didn't bench the rookies for ineffective play. The coaching staff did not develop the rookies and they're arguably playing worse now than the start of the season. The coaching staff designs an offense each week that schematically doesn't make sense. This offense hasn't scored a touchdown in five weeks, something the Steelers haven't done for 60 years and there have been plenty of bad rosters during that time. The offensive line stinks, but the coaching staff deserves every bit of criticism they are receiving right now and should not be left off the hook at all.

******* A right.

I think there are some keepers imo. I think that Big Dot and Dan Moore can be made into very good starters IF they are developed properly. Trai Turner need to be cut. Kendrick Green is not strong enough or big enough to be a legit center in the NFL and anchor an OL. I do think if he can get stronger and use his athleticism he could be a serviceable backup guard but that is his ceiling. Chucks needs to find his life's work. John LeGlue I like but lets be serious here, his potential is backup guard, strictly depth like Green. The football team needs to find a legit center either in the top two rounds of the draft or free agency and a RT and RG in the same manner.
Dot's been in and out with injuries all season. That's how we managed to find LeGlue. ****, may as well move Dot to RG next season.

giphy.gif

There has to be some input as the coaches and scouts attend pro days. Klemm was at Green's pro day and Morgan was at Texas A&M's (Morgan was also at Oklahoma's). There is no doubt Tomlin and Colbert work as a partnership rather than isolation when it comes to personnel moves. I kinda chuckle when I see Colbert get blame for the talent on the roster when Tomlin is a big part of that process.
Yep which is why I always say Tombert as they both are making the bad roster decisions. Which is handcuffing the team even before they come out of those gates running. Add bottom dollar assistant coaches into the equation and boy it is even a wonder they hover around .500.

The offensive line for Mike Tomlin‘s team has drastically underperformed this season and Klemm will leave after just 15 games. This will lead to assistant offensive line coach, Chris Morgan, being promoted and running the big guys up front. Morgan will inherit a rushing (lack of) attack that is averaging just 87.6 yards per game on the ground.
D7A33CF6532044D587B6256915796A8D.gif

Yep which is why I always say Tombert as they both are making the bad roster decisions. Which is handcuffing the team even before they come out of those gates running. Add bottom dollar assistant coaches into the equation and boy it is even a wonder they hover around .500.
Granted it didn't help when DeCastro abruptly retired after the draft and it was reasonable to assume that Banner would be back but they grossly misjudged the talent on the OL. The fact that they are hovering around .500 is simply proof of Shades' coaching awesomeness.

Granted it didn't help when DeCastro abruptly retired after the draft and it was reasonable to assume that Banner would be back but they grossly misjudged the talent on the OL. The fact that they are hovering around .500 is simply proof of Shades' coaching awesomeness.
DeCastro's situation was ignorance on the team's part regarding his injury. He didn't retire, they released him. I will forever come back to Trey Smith just sitting there for multiple picks on Day 3 of the draft. Even if DeCastro played this year, it was clear he would not return after the season and the Steelers weren't proactive in finding a replacement.

Wait, I thought Todd Haley was to blame.

No, Dick Lebeau was to blame.

Hold up, Randy Fichtner was to blame.

God, if only we could figure out a common denominator to the declining performance, lack of playoff appearances, lack of playoff wins, lack of discipline the past 10 years. There HAS to be some other assistant coach to blame!!

Raises hand!...oh, I know, I know!....

Mike Tomlin.