• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Clinton, Rubio Close In Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania - Quinnipiac University poll

Spike

Reaction score
FLORIDA: Clinton 47 - Rubio 44
OHIO: Kasich 47 - Clinton 40, Clinton 43 - Paul 43
PENNSYLVANIA: Rubio 44 - Clinton 43, Paul 45 - Clinton 44

U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida runs best against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2016 presidential matchups with eight top Republican contenders in three critical swing states, Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, according to a Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll released today.

Voters in each state say by margins of 8 to 14 percentage points that the Democratic front-runner is not honest and trustworthy.

Clinton still leads or is in a too-close-to-call matchup in every race in each state, except for Ohio, where native son Gov. John Kasich leads 47 - 40 percent, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll finds. The Swing State Poll focuses on Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania because since 1960 no candidate has won the presidential race without taking at least two of these three states.

Clinton's favorability ratings are 47 - 45 percent in Florida, negative 44 - 48 percent in Ohio and 46 - 48 percent in Pennsylvania.

She is not honest and trustworthy, Florida voters say 51 - 43 percent, Ohio voters say 53 - 40 percent and Pennsylvania voters say 54 - 40 percent.

"It's a long way until Election Day, but in the critical swing states of Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida has a tiny edge over the GOP field, "said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac Poll.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-...rsity-poll/ohio/release-detail?ReleaseID=2234

We like Rubio because he drives fast like our former governor "Fast Eddie" Rendell.

I suspect Rubio's chances will die as soon as someone decides to remind people he seemingly **** his pants on national TV.

Jeb vs. Hillary - it's a done deal

Jeb vs. Hillary - it's a done deal

Clinton might have deleted 1,000's of emails, but she can not delete the receiver's email. A bomb could explode at any time. The earlier the better as Sanders is becoming a fly in Clinton's ointment.

Paul has a real shot. Stand with Rand.

He's got my vote.
I don't see how the GOP can win the White House without winning Florida and Rubio on the ticket would be greatly helpful in that regard. I realize that J. Boosh was the former gov of Florida but he'd turn off a lot of people elsewhere.

Clinton might have deleted 1,000's of emails, but she can not delete the receiver's email. A bomb could explode at any time.

Nah, anybody who is close enough damage her is also close enough to realize they could end up in three pieces laying across some remote train tracks in Arkansas. She's so close she can taste it and anybody who gets in her way, she'll go Tony Boyle on their ***.

Last edited:
Man, if Hillary loses can you imagine all the god damn lawsuits and recounts?

Rubio and his issue with illegal immigration bothers me. Joins a coalition to put forth what amount fs to amnesty the turns a 180°.

Paul has a real shot. Stand with Rand.

I don't know about him

Rand Paul, struggling in his presidential bid, works to court evangelicals

PHILADELPHIA — Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, running for president on a platform of keeping the government out of people’s business, took a deep breath when asked at a recent stop in Philadelphia whether he’d make addressing abortion a part of his campaign.

mCsEL.AuSt.13.jpeg

“I didn’t run for office because of the social issues,” Paul answered. “It wasn’t what got me to leave my practice. I ran for office mainly because I became concerned that we’re going to destroy the country with debt.”

Paul opposes abortion rights, although he said the issue is best handled by the states. He submitted a budget proposal in 2011 that would have ended foreign aid to Israel (along with every other nation that receives it) but has since changed course on that and visited Israel on a trip organized by evangelical activist David Lane.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2015/06/17/3612860_rand-paul-struggling-in-his-presidential.html?rh=1

and then there's Jeb

Bush sees 'role' for transgender soldiers

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush did not rule out transgender troops serving in the military during comments on the campaign trail in Iowa.

“I’m sure there’s a role for everybody to play in the armed forces,” said Bush, a 2016 White House contender

“I think it would depend on the role, the specific role, whether it’s appropriate or not.”

He added morale should be the top priority of the military and that if “you can accommodate that in that kind of environment, I don’t think there’s a problem for it.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/245308-bush-sees-role-for-transgender-soldiers

Rubio was the first candidate that Clinton people attacked. They could only find some traffic tickets. Clinton is scared. Real scared.

Since the gatehouse is full of horses, better put this out there

The Odds on Republican Contenders

The Establishment Bracket consists of Bush and Rubio. The 44-year-old first-term Senator might resist the "establishment" label but he's acceptable to most of the politicians, donors and party elite who comprise this group.

The Midwestern Governors Bracket includes Walker and Ohio Governor John Kasich. The first six months of 2015 belonged to the Wisconsinite. The Ohio Governor, whose late entry is expected within weeks, has the potential to shake up the field.

The Hard Right Bracket features Ted Cruz, the first-term Texas Senator, and former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. These two are different in background, style and culture, but they are favorites of religious conservatives. They're also the best debaters in the contest. Only one will survive the early primaries.

The P Bracket is my catch-all for Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky and former Texas Governor Rick Perry. Paul has carved out unique turf and looks to have staying power. Perry may struggle to outlast his dismal showing in 2012.

Now for my odds, which I will pit against rival offerings in London, Las Vegas or the Iowa futures market.

Scott Walker: 3-to-1. He has yet to officially declare his candidacy but he is the frontrunner in the Iowa caucuses and he polls well in a range of states from Pennsylvania to North Carolina. Walker's a favorite of Charles and David Koch, but can he handle the intense scrutiny of a presidential run?

Marco Rubio: 4-to-1: If Walker has won the first six months of the "invisible primary," the Florida Senator has been gaining ground. With youth, good looks and charm, he's the 21st century Republican answer to John F. Kennedy. But his Senate record is empty, and questions about his personal finances and ethics will persist (look for the Bush camp to savage him in the months ahead). Florida holds a winner-take-all primary March 15. Either Rubio or Bush will still be viable on March 16 -- but not both.

Jeb Bush: 5-to-1: Bush has had a bad year so far, marked by his inability to clear the crowded Republican field or to shake the tarnish of his brother's presidency. He has the time and resources to bounce back but faces big tactical decisions: Should he compete in Iowa, where he could finish fifth? And does he then have to win New Hampshire?

John Kasich: 7-to-1: This assumes the Ohio Governor's charm and knowledge will trump his flakiness; it'll be a close call. He is suspect to many conservatives -- he expanded Medicaid for the poor under Obamacare --- but Kasich has first-rate strategists and the former chairman of the House Budget Committee is better versed in national and global issues than Walker.

Ted Cruz: 8-to-1: He's tough, although anathema to more mainstream Republicans. If he scores an early upset in Iowa he will become a contender. If he waits for later contests, it won't happen.

Rand Paul 10-to-1: He has expanded the libertarian brand more in rhetoric than in reality. He could win one of the early races, such as the Nevada primary. If he won another, it would rattle the Republican foreign policy establishment, many of whom would prefer even Hillary Clinton to the Kentucky lawmaker.

Mike Huckabee: 20-to-1: The only genuine right-wing populist in the field, the Baptist preacher has traction on the religious right. But Huckabee will be money-starved and has little potential to broaden his support.

Perry: 25-to-1: The best retail politician in the field, he still suffers from his dreadful performance in the 2012 primaries; an indictment in Texas, which he'll probably beat, doesn't help.

There are others who won't win the nomination but can influence agendas and results. Carly Fiorina, former CEO of HP, gets elite media attention but isn't making nearly the mark in polls and with the grass roots that neurosurgeon Ben Carson has despite his many gaffes. Similarly, Lindsey Graham, the hawkish South Carolina Senator, will contribute to the party debate. (New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, who only two years ago was considered the most compelling figure in the party, has more baggage than United Airlines.)

Want a 30 to 1 long-shot? A protracted, inconclusive race forces the party to turn to the tried -- Mitt Romney.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-06-16/the-odds-on-republican-2016-contenders

New national poll

Madame President

NA-CG285B_POLL_16U_20150622181514.jpg

Lying ************* pushing Bush on us. I don't know any Republican who wants him. Not. One.

Lesbian-Bush.jpg

He's got my vote.
I don't see how the GOP can win the White House without winning Florida and Rubio on the ticket would be greatly helpful in that regard. I realize that J. Boosh was the former gov of Florida but he'd turn off a lot of people elsewhere..

More than likely, he's got mine too, although I like the idea of a State Governor like Walker better.

Problem I see is that there is no way the GOP uses their full resources backing the son of Ron Paul...it just ain't happinin'. They wouldn't even let Paul into the debates when he was a Independent and only paid him basic lip service when he jumped in as a Rep. Audit the FED, cut military spending, legalize drugs....say what ? Now they could find his son as a front runner in 2016 and I know there are some elite GOP heads ready to asplode.

If Paul could talk Rubio onto the ticket as VP (or even visa-verse), there is the Florida vote taken care of. Boosh on the other hand may have been a Fl. Gov but he wasn't all that popular around the State and he's still gushing about amnesty and his Latino children an..an..well, you know !

cXQcgJ9.jpg

vH90Rug.jpg

lRRRdWe.jpg

Last edited:
JNiXWMU.jpg

"When Mexico sends its people," Trump said during his presidential announcement, "they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting."

So Sally says;

Trump is not only preying on, but feeding the xenophobic fears of mostly conservative white Americans who see immigration not as about economic realities but as a national threat

No **** Sherlock, and with good reason. The American public is sick and tired of supporting millions of Illegals that are not educated or particularly skilled in anything other than manual labor and countless numbers have been arrested multiple times without any punishment or deportation.

The Libs love to spew the line.....
" And frankly, it should offend every American whose own ancestors once came to this country as immigrants, immigrants who were almost all at one point denigrated and demeaned by the majority. Immigration and integration are among the best parts of America's story. Xenophobia and racial bias run through our ugliest chapters."

Sorry Sally, our relatives came here legally.

cartoon91.jpg

Last edited:
JNiXWMU.jpg

"When Mexico sends its people," Trump said during his presidential announcement, "they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting."

And THAT is why I'm so happy to see Trump. He says the things that everyone else knows to be true and is thinking but afraid to say.

Sorry Sally, our relatives came here legally.

Yep. And put up with and complied with the numerous and onerous laws, rules, regulations, etc. required of them because they knew that that effort would yield the result of being allowed to become a fully vested member of the greatest country on the face of the earth. Even the still to come trials of discrimination and full knowledge that the next generation or more of their families would not likely find the success or riches they dreamed of didn't discourage them because they also knew that the opportunity to achieve those things was no where greater.

Compare that to the throngs of human waste now pouring across our border expecting, demanding immediate access to all our societal benefits.